Taxation and Judgement (oooohhh......risk-taker)

legacy117

Is this card well-thought out?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is this card well-thought out?

"Activate only when you pay half your life points"

The effect doesn't work...

You'll only ever pay half your Life Points with a card like Solemn Judgement, and the chances you'll draw cards like that are small. Please change effect to something more realiable, like : "If your opponent gains Life Points due to the effect of a Spell Cards, activate this card".

This probably isn't the correct wording by the way .__.

[align=center]Obsidian Rating

(OCG Fix)

Pay half of your life points to activate this card. Select 2 cards from your hand. Then Set and shuffle them and this card into your Spell and Trap Card Zone. Your opponent then selects 1 card in your Spell and Trap Card Zone. If this card is selected, you gain 3000 Life Points. If not, pay half of your life points. Send all cards Set by this card's effect to the Graveyard after this card resolves.

(Grading)

OCG - 1/2

Picture - .5/2

Usefulness - .5/2

Balance - 2/2

Total - 4/8

Grade - C+

(Review)

This is a nice try for a new card maker. However, it's not good enough.

Your OCG is actually quite understandable. You just need a couple pointers. I'm the OCG Teacher for Duel Academia. Just send me a Private Message when you need OCG help.

The picture is too plain. Plain and Simple. Try adding a background to it atleast.

Usefulness isn't very high. Most of the time, the ball will not be in your court if you get my drift. You pay more than the benefits are worth. It can work in a fun deck though. But for tournament play, this card would get eaten alive. That's why this card is balanced. Perhaps even TOO balanced...which is rare.

Bottom line, it might help to visit the Yugioh Wikia and study up on Card Effects and OCG. I look forward to seeing more from you.[/align]

Archived