NEW SET: The Corrupted Light

doxinark

Archetype I'm currently working on. I made the first card some time ago, then couldn't really think of anything to continue the set with... I've got some now though, so rate and comment, I guess...

Criticism is welcome of course, so long as it's constructive.

The idea is, they're "pure" light at first, but once they go to the graveyard, they get corrupted by darkness and become more powerful. Or something like that.

226860.jpg

[spoiler=Corrupted Light Warrior]Effect: If this card is in your Graveyard, or on your field after being Special Summoned from the Graveyard, it is also treated as DARK. When this card is treated as DARK, it gains the following effect(s):

This card's original ATK becomes 2100, its original DEF becomes 1500 and its original Level becomes 5. If this card is selected as an attack target, you can change the target to another monster you control with the same Attribute as this card.

Image: spacecoyote, DeviantArt

226860h.jpg

[spoiler=Corrupted Light Sorceress]Effect: This card cannot be destroyed by the effects of Spell Cards your opponent controls. If this card is in your Graveyard, or on your field after being Special Summoned from the Graveyard, it is also treated as DARK. When this card is treated as DARK, it gains the following effect(s):

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a Spell Card, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for every card they control. If you inflict 2500 or more damage this way, halve this card's ATK until the End Phase.

Image: ALF874, DeviantArt

226860.jpg

[spoiler=Twin-Bladed Swordmaster of Corrupted Light (lol longass name)]Effect: This card gains 200 ATK for every monster on the field with 2 or more Attributes. If this card is in your Graveyard, or on your field after being Special Summoned from the Graveyard, it is also treated as DARK. When this card is treated as DARK, it gains the following effect(s):

This card's original ATK becomes 1900. This card can attack twice in the same Battle Phase.

Image: Diabloco, Photobucket

226860h.jpg

[spoiler=Cerron, the Corrupted Element Master]Effect: 1 "Corrupted Light" Tuner + 1 or more LIGHT or DARK non-Tuner monster(s)

When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can destroy it. If you do, Special Summon it from the Graveyard during your next Standby Phase. When this card is destroyed, other than by its own effect, you can remove from play this card to Special Summon 1 of your Level 5 or lower removed from play "Corrupted Light" monsters. If this card is in your Graveyard, or on your field after being Special Summoned from the Graveyard, it is also treated as DARK. When this card is treated as DARK, it gains the following effect(s):

Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 monster in your Graveyard to destroy a number of cards on the field equal to the number of different Attributes it has. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

Image: Orin, DeviantArt

Okay, so he doesn't have a Tuner yet... I'm still working on that one.

226860z.jpg

[spoiler=Reverse Corruption]Effect: Equip only to a DARK "Corrupted Light" monster. The equipped monster is treated as LIGHT and cannot be treated as any other Attribute. The equipped monser gains 800 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, you can destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field, except this card.

Image: www.magicdeckvortex.com/art_catacombs_a_thru_d.htm

Aaand, a Field Spell!

226860.jpg

[spoiler=Celestial Nightfall]Effect: Once per turn, you can pay 800 Life Points to Special Summon a "Corrupted Light" monster from your Graveyard. You must also tribute a number of monsters you control equal to the number of Tributes required for that monster's Normal Summon. You cannot Normal Summon or Set the turn you activate this effect. You cannot summon a monster with the same name during 2 conseclusive turns this way.

Image: zetallis, DeviantArt

Maybe I should change this one's pic? It's not very Field Spell-y.

More to come.

Archived