>>> Nivelliscrous Canvious - Revised 5/1

Kale

[align=center]Hello guys! This is just a random card. I wanted to do something with level change, so this is what i came up with. Its level is extra-crunchy because it is a Gemini, and it is a level 1. ;) enjoy the card.

Note, its late and i didnt fully think the OCG through. If you feel the need for a change, just state so. just please dont be brusque about it. thanks!

Extra Note, the name sounds a lot like those Latin names for bugs, huh? XD

Nivelliscrous Canvious

16322r.jpg

[Lore]

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect:

● Each time this card changes Battle Position, increase the Level of this card by 1. This card gains ATK and DEF equal to its level x500. You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard to change the Battle Position of 1 monster you control. A monster can only change Battle Positions up to twice per turn by this effect. Once per turn, when the Level of this card is 3 or more, you can discard 1 card and reduce the Level of this card to 1 to draw 2 cards. When the Level of this card is 4 or more, you can tribute this card to Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower Gemini monster from your Deck. A Gemini monster Special Summoned by this effect is treated as an Effect Monster, and gains its effect.

2009.5.1 = I added these phrases to the effect: "A monster can only change Battle Positions up to twice per turn by this effect." + "Level 5 or lower"

These will add more balance to areas in which i had previously failed to do so. thank you for pointing them out.

Art by Omni of Showcase Section.

[/align]

• This card can change its level, allowing for Synchro Support.
  • This card can change its own level via effect, allowing for self support.
  • This card can change the battle positions of monsters you control, allowing you to reuse several monsters, such as Lyla, and change the abilities of the Deformers.
  • This card can add draw power to any deck, as well as sending cards to the Graveyard, a popular strategy of a lot of decks.
  • This card can Special Summon any Gemini monster from your deck, you just have to have it change battle position 4 times. or have a number of cards increase its level to 4.. most of the time that would be about 2 turns. ;)

feel free to comment. ;)

I think you should put a slight limit on the Battle Position-switching ablity, seeing as you can Special Summon any Gemini monster from your Deck by sending 4 cards from your Deck to the Graveyard, draw 2 cards way to easily, or simply send 11 cards from the deck to the Graveyard to increase its ATK to 5800

That makes it somewhat overpowered, don't you think?

Other than that, great card with an interesting effect. ^.^

G. Will reconcider if you change it.

If anyone saw what I previously wrote, I have edited this. I misread the effect.

Edit: For an extra touch, add (Max 12) as the limit of the level increase.

Thank you Ƨőųł~ɸ~Ƒĭɍҿ, i already saw that error and i fixed it. my way was pretty clever, when trying to keep the integrity of the card. You can still change all of your monster's battle positions, but you cant do so more than twice for any particular monster each turn. work?

plus i changed the Gemini summoning effect, making it so that it cant summon any Gemini higher than a level 5. that makes it more fair, i dont know why i didnt put a cap on it in the first place.

Thank you all for reviewing. ;) im just wigged out that no one else even commented.. i would have appreciated those simple "awesome" comments that i seem to attract everywhere over nothing at all.. :( oh well..

Now that's much better. :D

P.

wow! thanks. ;) as soon as i noticed my error i flipped out, but i posted it anyway. cuz im cool like dat. XD

thank you for reinforcing my need to change it. :D neat for a level 1 Gemini Aqua-Type? Aqua is sooooooo underdeveloped...

Yes' date=' I can agree with you on that. I have played against plenty of water decks, and there's allways the same overused Aqua-Types, such as Abyss Soldier. The Aqua-Type really need a face lift.

[/quote']

i agree. ;) i was searching for a type that was underused and i stumbled upon the Aqua type page on the wiki. it said it supported hand advantage, so that is where the drawing effect came in. XD

Archived