:: Omniscient Drawing ::

[align=center]OmniscientDrawingCard.jpg

http://libby74.deviantart.com/art/A-Godly-Night-114826412

Omniscient Drawing

Each time your Life Points increase by a card effect, place 1 Spell Counter on this card. During your Standby Phase, draw 1 card for each Spell Counter on this card. During your End Phase, if you have 5 or more cards in your hand you must send cards from your hand until you have less than 5 cards in your hand. For each card discarded by this card's effect you lose 500 Life Points. During your Main Phase by sending this face-up card to the Graveyard you can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand whose number of tributes is equal to the number of Spell Counters on this card.

Okay first of all, this is a card by myself and Bloodrun for a card contest, secondly this card focuses on well three different abuses. Life Point Abuse, Draw Abuse, and Special Summon Abuse. Essentially you gain counters every time you increase your Life Points from a card effect, so this can happen quite often. Secondly you draw cards for each Spell Counter, bearing in mind there are a lot of Spell Counter support cards in the TCG. Thirdly you can use these counters as a basis for tribute, meaning no counters can special summon a level 4 or below, in theory anyway.

As for the drawbacks, there are essentially in my eyes THREE real drawbacks to the abuses. Firstly even if you have no counters and you have 5 or more cards in your hand, you gotta discard until you have 4. Secondly for every card you discard you take 500 damage. Finally once you special summon your monster, that is that...the card is then gone.[/align]

In the realm of YCM, I thought players looked for balanced draw effects (oh, wait, that is the TCG section). Why do broken cards get good ratings? Broken = Bad.

It is WAY too easy to use a few recovery cards to turn this into a Pot of Greed (or worse) each turn. Or worse yet, SOLEMN WISHES. "Yes sir, I would like an exponential draw engine requiring two cards."

The discard effect does nothing to the card's over-poweredness. The summoning effect would not be used, ever. Smart players would let the cards roll on in. After drawing so many cards, they would only need it to complete an OTK.

So, no, not a good card. Read my sig.

In the realm of YCM' date=' I thought players looked for balanced draw effects (oh, wait, that is the TCG section). Why do broken cards get good ratings? Broken = Bad.

It is WAY too easy to use a few recovery cards to turn this into a Pot of Greed (or worse) each turn. Or worse yet, SOLEMN WISHES. "Yes sir, I would like an exponential draw engine requiring two cards."

The discard effect does nothing to the card's over-poweredness. The summoning effect would not be used, ever. Smart players would let the cards roll on in. After drawing so many cards, they would only need it to complete an OTK.

So, no, not a good card. Read my sig.

[/quote']

Sorry, but if you are the guy who rates all threads with 1 star, please stay away from doing so. I go on the following:

Monsters:

easy to summon - weakling or small effect

difficult to summon - strong card or good effect

almost impossible to summon - killer card

Spell and Trap cards:

easy to use - weak effect or effective negative effects

difficult to use - big effect or continous benefits

almost impossible to use - almost game deciding with negative effects

That is the way to have a real balance. Also works for RTS games.

Sorry' date=' but if you are the guy who rates all threads with 1 star, please stay away from doing so.

[/quote']

Was that directed at me? If so, no, I do not use the star rating system. I just cannot stand the people who see a broken card and say "awesome 10/10." Konami making broken cards is no excuse for anyone else to.

I go on the following:

Monsters:

easy to summon - weakling or small effect

difficult to summon - strong card or good effect

almost impossible to summon - killer card

Spell and Trap cards:

easy to use - weak effect or effective negative effects

difficult to use - big effect or continous benefits

almost impossible to use - almost game deciding with negative effects

That is the way to have a real balance. Also works for RTS games.

Good rule-of-thumb.

This card translates' date=' in your book, as "easy to use," but has an effect of "almost impossible to use." Thus, broken.

...if anything the drawing is bad as it'll make you deck out quicker.

Tell that to Lightsworn.

"During your End Phase, if you have 5 or more cards in your hand you must send cards from your hand to the graveyard until you have less than 5 cards in your hand."

I'm not great at OCG but shouldnt it say that? Nice card, pic is strange but not bad :)

9/10

I like the idea of this card. Very verstile. 9/10

In my opinion, If I could modify the card, it would say this:

"Each time you gain Life Points, place 1 Spell Counter on this card. During your opponent's Standby Phase, draw 1 card for each Spell Counter on this card. During your Standby Phase, discard cards from your hand to the Graveyard until you have 4 cards in your hand. For each card discarded by this card's effect you lose 500 Life Points. Once per turn, during your Main Phase you can remove all Spell Counters from this card to Special Summon 1 monster from your hand or Graveyard whose Level is equal to the number of Spell Counters you removed. When there are no Spell Counter on this card, destroy it."

Archived