Scytheclaw Swarmer (Insect support that rewards deck summoning)

RixMaadi

Although I don't really like too simple cards, I must confess I find this one makes me feel different. I have a good feeling about this card. It's effect is straight to the point, and it is actually very original, because it's so simple. Most advanced card makers on this forums bejewel their cards with long and complicated effects, while they should really concider making them as easy to understand and as simple as this card.

Bravo.

P.

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Although I don't really like too simple cards' date=' I must confess I find this one makes me feel different. I have a good feeling about this card. It's effect is straight to the point, and it is actually very original, because it's so simple. Most advanced card makers on this forums bejewel their cards with long and complicated effects, while they should really concider making them as easy to understand and as simple as this card.

Bravo.

P.

[/quote']

Thank you. I like to make cards at the MTG boards and one of the things I've learned and try to do most is to keep ideas simple and interesting whenever possible.

good card but how do you get insect from your deck to your field ? 7/10

I believe Howling Insect is one.

This card is awesome support. Insect decks are underpowered, about the only fearsome things really out there are Ultimate Insect LV7, Doom Dozer and Dreadscythe Harvester, but using them as mains doesn't work uber-well because the lack of Insect-based Tech and support cards other than Verdant Sanctuary, but with your card it's fathomable.

Great insect card!

Gah, looking over it again, does my effect actually work the way it should? I know that it's understandable of what triggers it and what it does, but does an effect that's constantly in the deck work this way? Maybe a wording that might work better would be:

~

"While searching your Deck for an Insect-type Monster to Special Summon, you can reveal this card from your Deck. If you do, you can Special Summon this card. Then shuffle your deck."

~

Or something like that.

I have nothing to look back on for deck related effects like this, so I'm not sure. :/

What if you don't know this card's effect but it's still in your deck? Then you won't know to summon it... because of that' date=' 7/10

[/quote']

Why would you put a card that you didn't read into your deck? 0_o

Also, ignore my last comment, as I remembered the Metal Monsters, like Metalzoa, so I believe that my original wording can work.

I really like the pic. For the OCG' date=' I don't think the "then shuffle your Deck" is neccessary. I hate cards with simple effect, but this one doesn't count. 85/100.

[/quote']

Ah, you might be right about that, since most searcher effects that will trigger this card's effect shuffle the deck anyways, but I wasn't fully sure on when the effect actually resolves, so I had that part just incase.

Archived