Silent Sentinel (Comment Please)

EocDragon

171556o.jpg

[spoiler=Card Lore]Once per turn, you can choose 1 face-down card that your opponent controls. The selected card is turned face-up until the end of the turn, do not activate its effect. The selected card can be played as if it were face-down. As long as this monster is face-up on the field, decrease the ATK of any monster that attacks another monster you control by 300.

I need comments on this card. Anything.

Hmm... very useful. Your OCG is fine and the picture gives you that feeling of ominous silence and stealth.

I could see this being run in a heavy S&T Destruction deck or a general Machine deck. But it seems like a good general card over all.

Your card gets 9 shiny nickels out of 10.

[align=center]OxygënHydrõ™ Rating

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments :

Good pic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OCG fix

none

Pic : 7/10

Balance : 4/10

OCG : 6/10

Overall : 5.7/10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/align]

My Rating

10/10 : EPIC !!!

9/10 : Almost Perfect, little more

8/10 : Great Work

7/10 : Good Enough

6/10 : Balancing Needed

5/10 : Need Remakes, Fixing, and Balancing

4/10 : Unacceptable

3/10 : Is this a card ??

2/10 : You burn my eyes !!

1/10 : Don't make this card again !!!

0/10 : I can't say anything, except EPIC FAIL

The last effect makes sense, and is cool. -300 ATK to any opponent's monster that attacks one of your monsters, though the wording isn't groundbreakingly clear as to whether or not it applies when they attack the Sentinel himself.

The flipping thing gets wordier and wordier as it drones on. If the selected card had an effect when you flipped it face-up, those aren't activated. But, it CAN activate effects as if it was face-down? I'm not even clearing what that means. The only thing I can think of is Mid Shield Gardna, who can negate and destroy a targetting Spell Card's effect when targetted while face-down. That's the only "effect that activates face-down" coming to mind, unless I'm really missing something.

Not that strong on its own either, 1200/1600 is... mediocre for a level 4. The 300 ATK decrease helps its case on a very minor scale.

I don't see incredible utility for it with such low ATK, but there are some tricky face-down cards that can ruin games, so I guess Sentineling them out a turn early could be used to your advantage.

An interesting idea, just a little wordy.

7/10.

The idea is that the face-up effect doesn't activate flip effects and the like, but it doesn't prevent your opponent from using them. Basically, when the card is flipped up, it's like its still face-down, only you can see it. If you have a better idea on how to word it, I would appreciate it.

Every bit counts, I guess. There are a few other benefits from keeping it face-up for the turn, such as cards whose effects are based around face-up cards. I'll look into the first effect though, see what I can do to make it more smooth.

Edit: I made some changes, seems a bit smoother.

Archived