Armed Emerald Stryker

Choke

Image Credit goes to *-seed- on deviantART. Rates/Comments/Fixes Please.

emeraldstr.png

Effect: This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 2 EARTH monsters from your hand or field from play. When this card would be destroyed in Defense Position by a Trap Card, decrease the ATK and DEF of all EARTH or Rock-Type monsters on your opponent's side of the field by 400 for the rest of the Duel, this card is then destroyed.

Corrected OCG:

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing 2 EARTH monsters from your hand or side of the field from play. When this card is destroyed in Defense Position by the effect of a Trap Card, decrease the ATK and DEF of all EARTH and Rock-Type monsters your opponent controls by 400 for the rest of the Duel.

Oh, goodness, the OCG hurts my eyes.

Here's the correct format:

"This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 2 EARTH monsters from play from your hand or side of the field. When this Defense Position card is destroyed by the effect of a Trap Card, decrease the ATK and DEF of all EARTH and Rock-Type monsters your opponent controls by 400 for the rest of the Duel."

Nice picture, though, I like it! You're good with graphics, obviously.

Other things I found:

- Your monster seems more like a Machine-Type to me, but both work really (he COULD be some kind of "Ancient Gear" monster.... almost... nah.)

- The effect that decreases ATK & DEF for all EARTH and Rock-Type monsters seems a little underpowered. I recommend decreasing the ATK of all monsters that your opponent controls and summons for the next 3 turns by 400 (that seems a lot more useful, and also plays well if you decrease the DEF of your monster to 1800 or 1900.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but that OCG Fix seems worse then mine :/. I do know your first line is wrong, because I've always known that correct format, but I'm kind've rusty.

But I don't know if I would call it a "Defense Position card", I think "When this card is destroyed in Defense Position by the effect of a Trap Card". Thanks for the compliment though, appreciate it, and the OCG Fix.

Idk i'll look it up.

The card idea is okay, but the card seems a little underpowered and situational. It is not very often that a 2000 DEF monster would be destroyed by a Trap Card while in defense position and when that does happen, you only get an effect that affects EARTH and ROCK monsters. Maybe you could extend the effect to also being able to activate it's effect while in ATK position and also affect all monsters. Overall, nice card that could use some improvements. 7.5/10.

I don't want to sound like an ass' date=' but that OCG Fix seems worse then mine :/. I do know your first line is wrong, because I've always known that correct format, but I'm kind've rusty.

But I don't know if I would call it a "Defense Position card", I think "When this card is destroyed in Defense Position by the effect of a Trap Card". Thanks for the compliment though, appreciate it, and the OCG Fix.

Idk i'll look it up.

[/quote']

1) lol, I don't think so. Look here and you'll see where I'm coming from.

2) I've got another example right here. Trust me, I know these things. :mrgreen:

Archived