~ The Winged Dragons ~

Fishncrabs

Heyall.

I've decided to start a new set called Revenge of the Dragons (or ROTD)

The key elements in it are just seven cards: The Seven Winged Dragons.

Each Dragon is a different colour, which reflects in its name. All are Wind attribute and Dragon type, and all have 2700 ATK and 1000 DEF, and all have the same two effects, with an extra one that is unique to the other six.

The set will basically have the Seven as Ultra Rares, then most of the other cards are all about supporting them, or Dragon-type monsters - however, one of their shared effects is to support each other.

So, heres the Seven Dragons, in no particular order:

164379.jpg

Black Winged Dragon

Effect: This card gains 300 ATK for every Dragon-type monster on your side of the field, except this card. Once per turn, you can destroy spell or trap cards on the field equal to the number of Dragon-type monsters you control. When this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the graveyard, you can select one 'Winged Dragon' monster from your Deck and Summon it in face up Defense Position.

164379.jpg

White Winged Dragon

Effect: This card gains 300 ATK for every Dragon-type monster you control, except this card. When this card attacks a Defense Position monster on your opponent's side of the field, switch the monster into Attack Position. Flip effects and monster effects cannot be activated when this card is attacking. If this card is destroyed by a card effect, you can select one 'Winged Dragon' from your deck and Special Summon it in face up Defense Position.

164379a.jpg

Gold Winged Dragon

Effect: This card gains 300 ATK for every Dragon-type monster on your side of the field, except this card. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, gain Life Points equal to half of the sent monster's ATK, and deal damage to your opponent equal to half the sent monster's DEF. If this card is destroyed by a card effect, you can select 1 'Winged Dragon' monster from your Deck and Special Summon it in face down Defense Position.

164379.jpg

Green Winged Dragon

Effect: This card gains 300 ATK for every other Dragon-type monster on the field. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any spell or trap cards until the end of the Damage Step. If this card is destroyed by a card effect, you can select one 'Winged Dragon' from your deck and Special Summon it in face up Defense Position.

164379.jpg

Blue Winged Dragon

Effect: This card gains 300 ATK for every Dragon-type monster on your side of the field, except this card. When this card battles with an opponent's ATK position monster which has a orginial ATK of 1000 or higher, reduce that monster's ATK to 1000 until the End Phase. If this card is destroyed by a card effect, you can Special Summon 1 'Winged Dragon' from your deck in face up Defense Position.

164379h.jpg

Brown Winged Dragon

Effect: This card gains 300 ATK for every Dragon-type monster on your side of the field, except this card. This card cannot be destroyed by a card effect during the Battle Phase. When this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the graveyard, you can select one 'Winged Dragon' monster from your Deck and Summon it in face up Defense Position.

164379p.jpg

Red Winged Dragon

Effect: This card gains 300 ATK for every Dragon-type monster on the field, except this card. Once per turn, you can select one 'Winged Dragon' monster in your Graveyard or Deck and return it to your Hand. If this card is destroyed by a card effect, you can Special Summon 1 'Winged Dragon' monster from your Deck in face up Defense Position.

And thats it... hope you enjoyed ^^

The idea behind the Winged Dragons is that they support each other. Their first shared effect could raise their attack to 4200 (with 5 Dragon-types on the field). Their unique effect varies, some are better than others. Their second shared effect basically means that if your opponent uses, say, Bottomless Trap Hole to kill a Winged Dragon, they don't just go bye-bye and waste your two tributes for them. You can bring out another (any one, some are better for the situation), but in Defense. This gives your opponent a chance to attack and kill it in battle, as they have only 1000 DEF. However, if they don't, you can switch it back to attack and start the process again 8)

All credit for the photos goes to deviantART. It was hard finding suitable pictures for all the colours >_< but except for the White, Blue and Green, they're so awesome :D And Brown looks a bit more red, but oh well :P

Yeah, they're probably OP, but hey, it was pretty fun making them. The set is to come... based around these seven :P

~ Fishncrabs

Those cards aren't too bad, slightly OP to me, OCG fixes needed here and there, but the biggest flaw lies to me in the pictures - they're all WAY overused. But I reckon it's hard to find good non-overused pictures...

Overall, I like them, they need slight improvements and they'll be perfect to me.

Rated B! (you got: 7/10)

Actually, I don't mind using overused pics (unless you plan ultra-realistic cards), what depends is the quality of the card itself. But if you feel the need of changing them, go ahead. As I said, your OCG is not bad at all, just needs fixes here and there, but it's good enough to me to keep your actual pics.

several of these cards can be overpowered, just like every other dragon set ever made by a member of this forum. i don't mean anything against you Fish, but i'm not going to rate these. i'm tired of people making strong dragon sets with cliched too strong effects.

Archived