[NEW] Merlia, the Beatifull Assasin

Zeaux

[align=center]

Merlia, the Beatifull Assasin

273350.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]During each of your Standby Phase, put 1 Assasin Counter on this card. Remove 3 Assasin Counter from this card to destory 1 monster you control and draw 2 cards. If 1 of the drew card is a Level 2 or lower monster, destroy 2 monster your opponent control or remove from play 5 cards on your opponent's Graveyard.

Hope you like it.[/align]

OCG (and grammar) correction:

Merlia, the Beautiful Assassin

During each of your Standby Phases, put 1 Assassin Counter on this monster. Remove 1 Assassin Counter from this card to destroy 1 monster you control and draw 2 cards. If 1 of the cards (I'm actually not sure in that part, it may be wrong) is a Level 2 or lower monster, destroy 2 monster your opponent controls or remove from play 5 cards from your opponent's Graveyard.

A curious effect which could work well in a deck with low level monsters. Actually, it's a bit too powerful - if you can get enough tribute fodder for this card, you can draw lots of cards for low costs - with a proper deck destroying many of the monsters your opponent controls. Anyway, as its now, I can give a 7/10 to you.

I think its pretty good actually. No way is it OP (over-powered): its got to sit around for THREE turns to use the effect and there are so many ways to stop an effect like that- Stardust, ANY monster destruction... I could go on.

Little OCG stuff: 1) Remove 3 assasin counters

2) If you draw a Level 2 or lower monster by this card effect

Otherwise good: 10/10

I'm afraid everyone else is right when they say this card is tremendously overpowered. To make the card a bit better, maybe you should drop the second effect and instead of drawing two cards from the first effect, only draw one. That might make it a little less ban-worthy. The picture is quite beautiful, though.

Also, there are quite a few OCG and grammar errors, but Exa Raiun already fixed it pretty well for you, so I won't post it again. My overall rating for this card is 6/10, but if you just tinker with the effect and grammar of this card, it has a lot of potential. :D

Well, as you changed the 1 Assassin Counter to 3 Assassin Counters, it's not as overpowered anymore, as you have to find a way to keep it alive. Because of that, I increase my score to 8/10. (But don't forget to add the changes to the card, too.)

Archived