Einherjar Cards

Lol42

use # like 4 not four and capitalize certain things like Special Summon. Maybe the fell a troll card (which is ok i think, but) could be changed to add the difference + 100 or something to the ATK... not sure how to word that. Anyway, yeah... most of your vanilla are underpowered, and your spell card for bringing other spells to hand is majorly overpowered.

try this maybe...

When a monster with less than 2000 ATK declares an attack against a monster 2000 or greater ATK, the attacking monster's ATK becomes 100 points higher than the target's until the End Phase.

As for the ship thing... reword it to something like

Pay Life Points in multiples of 1000 (Max 3000). You can then add 1 Spell Card from your Deck to your Hand for every 1000 Life Points paid.

Alright, I'm going to rate your cards and then go to bed because it's 1:48am around here...

First of all, the overall strategy of your set:

"Einherjar" is an awesome name, an original one too (though it doesn't flow very well). I would have expected an "Einherjar" set to be more like 3 monster cards, 5 at the most. But if you're making it a set, then let's get to work!

The idea behind your "Einherjar" monsters seems to be monsters that attack, but your support cards make the idea more like support for the weak. Now the "Einherjar" are the "Lone Fighters" in to the Norse, but I think support for weak cards is the way to go (kind of like the gods assisting men, or something). So you should pitch most of your monsters. Now I'll rate them going down the list.

"Warrior of the North" -- correct OCG: "When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by battle, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Einherjar" monster from your hand."

Decrease the stats to something more like 1000/1300, or 1500/600 (or even better in my opinion: 800/1000 with the effect of bringing an "Einherjar" monster from your DECK to the field, instead of your hand) so that it WILL get destroyed. Monsters with higher stats and an effect that means for them to get destroyed are constrasting and sometimes overpowered. Better to decrease the stats.

"Aesir Battle-Maiden" -- I think you should just stick to one kind of monster. Make this girl "Einherjar Battle-Maiden" or "Einherjar Maiden of War". Decrease her ATK To 1600 or 1650, and bring her DEF up to about 1000. The flavor text I could care less about; it's flavor text. Do what you will.

"Ancient Shipwright's Text" -- Waaaay overpowered. What if the cards I pull out are "Lightning Vortex", "Heavy Storm", "Monster Reborn", and "United We Stand" or "Axe of Despair"? That's a major blow... and that strategy is just with staples. An actual thought-out plan could be devastating with four easy-access Spell Cards. I think this card should read:

"When this card is activated select and remove from play Spell Cards in your deck face-down. Then flip this card face-up and shuffle it into your deck. When you draw this face-up card, add the selected Spell Cards to your hand. You must pay 800 Life Points for every Spell Card added to your hand this way (this is not optional)."

"Einherjar Rider" -- Get rid of this card's effect. Make it something more like: "Discard this card from your hand to Special Summon 1 "Einherjar Rider" from your Graveyard to your side of the field in face-up Attack Position." Then make the ATK 600-800 and the DEF 600-800 (so that the total isn't over 1400)

"Einherjar Captain" -- This card can be one with high stats. You should make it buff for an "Einherjar", with something like 1800 or 1900 ATK, and fair DEF (1250-1550), then give it an effect like "As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent can only select "Einherjar Captain" as an attack target during his/her Battle Phase."

"Einherjar Marauder" -- I think this card would be an awesome Union-Subtype monster. You could have it equip to "Einherjar Captain" (or any "Einherjar" monster) and make it so that the equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle by a monster with 2000 or more ATK. That would tie in well with your "To Fell a Troll" card.

"Einherjar Warrior" -- If you want to, this guy could be a Tuner-Subtype (you know how to give Normal Monsters the Tuner Subtype, right?) for if you ever want to make a Synchro Monster. And if you're going to make a monster like this, make sure to understand that people are going to look at it as a throwaway card if you don't give it specific potential (like making a monster that can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 2 "Einherjar Warriors" in your Graveyard.)

"Judgement of Flames" -- It would be cooler if it were named "Judgement of Thor" or "Judgement of/at Valhalla" (take your pick) because "Flames" isn't quite relevant to the set idea. This card is pretty useless. I'd make it a Quick-Play Spell Card and change the damage to 400 per "Einherjar" monster.

"Might of Vanir" -- this is an interesting idea. I think you can split this card up into 2 different parts. You could do this three ways:

- Give it a two-part effect, like make the effect something like: "When you equip this card to an "Einherjar" monster, choose one of the following effects: [*] Increase the ATK and DEF of the equipped monster by 600. [*] The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle (damage calculation is applied normally).

- Give it an effect with two different benefits, depending on the card: "A non-"Einherjar" monster equipped with this card gains 500 ATK and DEF. An "Einherjar" monster equipped with this card cannot be destroyed by battle (damage calculation is applied normally)."

- Split it into 2 cards. Card #1: "This card can only be equipped to an "Einherjar" monster. A monster equipped with this card gains 600 ATK and DEF."

Card #2: "This card can only be equipped to an "Einherjar" monster. A monster equipped with this card cannot be destroyed by battle."

"Offering to the Tempest" -- Good.

"Sage of the North" -- Change the effect to something more like: "Once per turn, you can discard 2 cards from your hand to add 1 "Einherjar" monster from your Deck to your hand." I think your should decrease both stats by 100-200 or increase the Level to 4 and make the DEF1500.

"Strike of Mjoliner" -- This is definitely NOT a Counter Trap Card. Get rid of the Counter Symbol. Also, "Sakuretsu Armor" already exists and is used en masse in decks. Make the effect something more like "Switch the attacking monster to Defense Position and inflict 500 Points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points."

"Thor, Aesir of Lightning" -- Overpowered. Change his effect to something about letting all "Einherjar" monsters attack directly while he's face-up on your side of the field, and then something else about negating S & T with discards (don't just have him destroy ALL S &T for a 2-card discard. That's overpowering)

"To Fell a Troll" -- I think you should add a "..." at the end there, so it's "To Fell a Troll...". And the correct OCG is: "When a monster with under 2000 ATK attacks a monster with more than 2000 ATK, make the ATK of the attacking monster the ATK of the attack target plus 100."

"Valhalla" -- I think this card should specifically support your high-level monsters (and I think your high-level monsters should be the only "Aesirs"). Don't have the card support Thunder-Type Monsters -- it just doesn't make much sense. Next, get rid of the summoning effect and make an effect like "You can Tribute this face-up card on the field while you control a monster with "Aesir" in its card name to destroy all cards on the field that don't include "Aesir" or "Einherjar" in their card names."

"Volla, Golden Aesir" -- This card would be great with your "Einherjar Warrior". You could make a summoning requirement like "This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 2 "Einherjar Warriors" in your Graveyard. Then the rest of the effect would read as follows (I changed the last bit because it overpowers your card): "As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field, your opponent cannot select another monster as an attack target. When this card is sent destroyed and sent to the graveyard by battle, you can Special Summon 1 "Einherjar" monster from your Graveyard."

"Loki's Trickery" -- Just use the second part of the effect. The whole thing should read something simply like this: "Look at your opponent's hand, the top 3 cards of his/her deck, or all of his/her Set cards."

That should do it! Now to go to bed, seeing as it's 2:42am (did I really spend almost an hour on this..?)

Archived