Psychic Redux >_> Maybe be better or not

.Requiem

First Card

43681.jpg

43681.jpg[/center]

Once per turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to add 1 Spell or Trap Card from your Deck, to your hand. If your opponent Summons a monster, switch the Battle Position to Defense Position. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, increase your Life Points by the difference of this card's ATK and the attacked monster's DEF.

Once per turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to add 1 Spell or Trap Card from your Deck, to your hand. If your opponent Summons a monster, switch the Battle Position to Defense Position. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, increase your Life Points by the difference of this card's ATK and the attacked monster's DEF.

>_> Same card different effect' date=' which one is better? I kinda hate both, but can't think anything.

[/quote']

I'd say the first is the better one to go with, except for two things . . .

First, no Life Point costs for any of its effects? Kinda going against the grain there, buddy.

Second, the 'discard to pull a Spell/Trap' is kind of broken -- I could just discard a high-level monster to add my own Monster Reborn to my hand and bam, suddenly my opponent is staring down the barrel of the biggest (or Gig-est, if you'll pardon my pun) gun in my Deck. I suggest either A) giving it a Life Point cost and/or discard requirement (i.e., non-Monster Card only or something), and/or a 'can't play the searched card this turn' (i.e., similar to Ancient Gear Drill) nerf . . .

Or B), omitting it entirely.

All in all, some Life Point Costs appear to be in order -- perhaps splice in some text saying that to 'activate this card's effects, you must pay [insert number here] Life Points'?

Archived