New Card!

Eowindil

Guest Lily

Correct OCG: 'When this card is Summoned successfully, put 3 King Counters on this card. When this card would be destroyed by battle, remove 1 King counter from this card and increase this card's Attack Points by 1000.' 2/10. Alot of OCG errors.

"Put 3 King Counters on this card when you Summon it. When this card would be destroyed, remove 1 King Counter from it instead and increase its ATK by 1000 after damage calculation (damage calculation is applied normally)." This would be a possibly-better handling of OCG -- you did ask for it, so I figured I ought to do some research to deliver (and wouldn't you know -- Big Core came through for me once again).

The reason I added the 'after damage calculation' is because I didn't think you wanted it to gain the ATK during the battle (which would make it a bit more dangerous, but with that danger would come un-funness for your enemies).

Still, the concept is quite unique, really -- I would have normally thought to handle it by making the Counters decrease its high ATK rather than giving it higher ATK by being removed; though this arguably makes it less broken than it would have been in that case (two words: 'Skill Drain').

Alot of cards can be hit badly because of 'Skill Drain'. Try to make a card that can cover this up.

That wasn't really my point; my point was that this effect is handled in a less-broken fashion due to the lack of monstrousness during a Skill Drain -- the normal method I'd have thought of to format this sort of effect places the monster at a high starting ATK that is gimp'd by the counters, whereas this person has gone and done something inventive by making it so that the stat starts low but gets more impressive as it loses counters.

And despite my great dislike of Skill Drain, I don't think I would make a card to stop it from draining my monsters, because that would just make the thing horribly, horribly broken and kill the fun out of it; just give me an MST or a Heavy Storm to get rid of Skill Drain and I'm OK with that.

Archived