The Unofficial SILENT HILL Thread.

~Emo~

The first and third games were my favorite out of the entire series>

Two was pretty good, but confused the heck out of me.

Four was just awful and didn't follow the storyline of the others whatsoever. The only thing linking it to the others was the name of the main villain - Walter Sullivan (who was mentioned in a newspaper in the dumpster outside the Apartment Building in SH2)

Origins was pretty good since you could actually PUNCH the enemies, but it was a bit too easy.

I did not find 4 to be all that difficult - more annoying. The enemies were weaker than they were in 2 and 3. The ghosts were kinda meh - and the last boss was a bit of a disappointment.

In my opinion, I found 2 to be the hardest one. The fight against 2 Pyramid Heads was a pain and the puzzles were just plain annoying. Even on the hardest Riddle level, SH3 wasn't THAT bad. Also, the fog was the thickest in SH2.

I did not find 4 to be all that difficult - more annoying. The enemies were weaker than they were in 2 and 3. The ghosts were kinda meh - and the last boss was a bit of a disappointment.

In my opinion' date=' I found 2 to be the hardest one. The fight against 2 Pyramid Heads was a pain and the puzzles were just plain annoying. Even on the hardest Riddle level, SH3 wasn't THAT bad. Also, the fog was the thickest in SH2.

[/quote']

SH4 gave you NO clues on how to complete the levels. Like aligning the bloody bed. IT NEVER EVEN MENTIONED THEM OTHER THAN THEY WERE USED TO KILL PEOPLE!

In my opinion' date=' I found 2 to be the hardest one. The fight against 2 Pyramid Heads was a pain and the puzzles were just plain annoying. Even on the hardest Riddle level, SH3 wasn't THAT bad. Also, the fog was the thickest in SH2.

[/quote']

SH4 gave you NO clues on how to complete the levels. Like aligning the bloody bed. IT NEVER EVEN MENTIONED THEM OTHER THAN THEY WERE USED TO KILL PEOPLE!

Okay, I'll give you that. However, the storyline of SH4 was pretty lame. Being trapped in an apartment? You're only real motivation was to try and get out. No TRUE sense of impending danger or drive to finish - unlike the others:

SH1 - You're trying to find your daughter and are finding out about what the heck is going on as you try and escape

SH2 - Guy gets a letter from his dead wife and realizes the sick truth as he is subject to the tortures of his subconscious as he wanders the town

SH3 - Little closure and more insight about Heather/Alyssa's past

SH4 - You're stuck in your apartment by magic chains, find a hole in your wall, and learn about a psycho's past and his link to your apartment

Origins - You're trapped and trying to get out - while you are subject to a horrific past. The ending also leads up to the events of the first game (when you see Harry's van enter the town as you leave)

You don't even GO to Silent Hill as far as I saw. No location in the entire game was in any of the previous games (Origins included). There was also the lack of the ominous fog that the series had been known for since the first game. SH4 was just overall lacking to me as an avid Silent Hill fan. Don't get me wrong, it still had some horrific moment - more than the Resident Evil series. But in terms of the series as a whole, it was just meh.

I like 2 and 3. ^^ I like to aggro monsters into gathering in large groups and then running around picking them off one at a time. XD I spend most of my time doing that.

I did the same thing. I had SO much ammo left over in 2 and 3 from using the Steel Pipe to beat practically EVERY enemy I saw, it wasn't even funny how quickly the last bosses fell. It was much easier in SH3 than it was in SH2 since the enemy patters were a bit more predictable and you could distract them with Jerky.

Yup. I like my katana on 3 though. Much easier to use and it doesn't slow you down as much as the Maul.

I never used the Maul. It was WAY too slow and never worth it. Katana all the way. The Lightsaber and Heather Beam weren't bad weapons either. I never could get them powered up along with the Flamethrower. Never strived to get the 10 star ranking. =O

all of the games are awesome' date='

me and Xymma made a silent hill rp for ycm already....its not bad, but right now its just the two of us.

[/quote']

Did you just advertise in my thread?

I only like 1 and 4 a lot.

Out of all the SH games, I found the first one to be the scariest one out of them all - just because I wasn't ready for it when I first played. Those little demon babies that roamed the school (and the beginning when you're trapped in the alleyway) freaked me out. You also had more of that 'you're trapped in this town' feeling than you did with the other games. SH2 still had it, but not as much. SH3 and SH4 were pretty straightforward, whereas Origins tried to get back on track - but fell in the same boat as SH2.

I love the flying Mannequins in 2~! XD They appear outta nowhere.

I don't remember flying mannequins in SH2. I know there were flying enemies in SH3, but you could hear them coming from almost a mile away. I ran away from quite a few enemies - especially those things. Thank goodness that they're slow.

I don't remember flying mannequins in SH2. I know there were flying enemies in SH3' date=' but you could hear them coming from almost a mile away. I ran away from quite a few enemies - especially those things. Thank goodness that they're slow.

[/quote']

They come from underneath a car or something. They don't really 'fly' fly, they just go sailing through the air at you. I just like saying that they can fly.

2 is the best one. James Sutherland >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All other SH characters.

Harry - A lot of involvement with the events of the plotline

James - Not so much - not to mention the guy killed his own wife

Heather - Alyssa. Enough said.

Henry - Boring and generic

Travis - What an odd childhood this guy had. He still gets points since he actually PUNCHES the enemies.

I don't remember flying mannequins in SH2. I know there were flying enemies in SH3' date=' but you could hear them coming from almost a mile away. I ran away from quite a few enemies - especially those things. Thank goodness that they're slow.

[/quote']

They come from underneath a car or something. They don't really 'fly' fly, they just go sailing through the air at you. I just like saying that they can fly.

Oh, THOSE things. They always made me jump when they came out. That screeching noise was also annoying.

Yeah. My friends and I love to make jokes when they jump out. $10 goes to whoever first manages to knock them out of the air with a melee weapon. Probably never going to happen, but we have fun trying. They need to put a baseball bat weapon in these games for that specific purpose.

Yeah. My friends and I love to make jokes when they jump out. $10 goes to whoever first manages to knock them out of the air with a melee weapon. Probably never going to happen' date=' but we have fun trying. They need to put a baseball bat weapon in these games for that specific purpose.

[/quote']

They do have Baseball Bats in Silent Hill Origins. They do good damage and can hit quite a few times before becoming useless.

Archived