Lock.

Silver Lining

Writing songs is fun!!! I wrote about 7 for an album me and my band, Switchblade Razor (O in Razor is umlauted in real life) are putting out independently (we record through a webcam microphone.) I can see your song as more of a pop-ish thing, like someone said before, Paramore, or something like that.

This is pretty good, I think MT got some concurrence.=D Don´t hesitate because you think of yourself as non-sentimental. Maybe you are but it´s not essential for writing good lyrics. We´re all amateurs, as far as I know no one on the site is a professional writer or something.^^

I don´t know why but I had to think of Paramore too. Then when I looked again I suddenly thought of... fairies. (Yes I often see things that aren´t meant to be seen.)

I like imagining melodies behind words or the other way around and this time I´m thinking either of something Paramore-style or some dreamy electronica. You know, the fantasy-like kind of experimental music with soft voices and distorted backgrounds. If I could think of a particular singer or band on the spot I would link you but I might come back to that later.

EDIT: Asobi Seksu! Yeah youtube that if you want to know what kind of style I mean. It´s Japanese though.

But Paramore probably comes closer to the lyrics...

I really liked the "I know why you're being so stupid and - I know that you have been hit by cupid" part.

"I sigh I can't because the things you do" is a bit strange though. Isn´t there a word missing maybe?O_o

Oh and + rep for you.;)

Archived