Does Anybody Listen To Death Metal Anymore?

Beneath The Sky

Correct me if I'm wrong' date=' but is Children of Bodom death metal? I'm not totally sure, I've only listened to a few of their songs.

[/quote']

No, they are just Metal. They don't really fit into any cateogory such as metalcore, grindcore, deathcore, progressive, melodic...

just mainstream metal.

Correct me if I'm wrong' date=' but is Children of Bodom death metal? I'm not totally sure, I've only listened to a few of their songs.

[/quote']

No, they are just Metal. They don't really fit into any cateogory such as metalcore, grindcore, deathcore, progressive, melodic...

just mainstream metal.

Children of Bodom is melodic death metal.

You people really don't know your genres at all do you?

(Carcass' date=') Morbid Angel, Arch Enemy, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Kalmah, [s']Dark Lunacy, Belphegor, Behemoth,[/s] In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Soilwork, At the Gates.

I mostly listen to Melodic and Symphonic Death Metal so the answer is yes.:)

God. Whenever I ask this question and people post the bands they know, I only know like 3 of them.

How the heck do you find them all?:P

Morbid Angel were the first Death Metal band I started listening to.

I've been a fan of EToS without knowing that they were Melodic/Symphonic Death Metal.

Somehow I also got into the Gothenburg (Melodic Death Metal) sound and liked it immediately. I started listening to At the Gates and then got into In Flames, Dark Tranquility and Arch Enemy.

' pid='2230567' dateline='1243277257']

(Carcass' date=') Morbid Angel, Arch Enemy, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Kalmah, [s']Dark Lunacy, Belphegor, Behemoth,[/s] In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Soilwork, At the Gates.

I mostly listen to Melodic and Symphonic Death Metal so the answer is yes.:)

Only a few of those are death metal.

Carcass is goregrind.

Belphegor is black metal

In Flames is metalcore

At The Gates is thrash.

Come on guys. Find out what death metal is.

Cradle of Filth is blackened death metal.

Blacksticks: Slipknot and Korn are nu metal, metallica is thrash.

Beneath the sky: Oceano is deathcore.

Alright let's drop Belphegor.

I thought Carcass had some elements of Death Metal, especially at the beginning.

In Flames, At the Gates and Dark Tranquility were part of the main pioneers of the Gothenburg sound which I consider a type of Death Metal.

But if you say so master.D=

Gotheburg metal is another name for Melodioc Death Metal.

=/

Well it´s a "sub-sub-genre" of the sub-genre Melodic Death Metal is but yes that´s what I was trying to say basically (see bolded). So In Flames and At the Gates should count right? Even though it´s not the main Death Metal genre.

And about Children of Bodom, what Horus said.

Btw I forgot Hypocrisy. Belongs to my list too.

[/quote']

just mainstream metal.

You sir, need to stop and think about what you just said.

I've already told you, there is no such thing as just "Metal"

You tried to make me look wrong when I said that BFMV and All That Remains are Metalcore...

When that's what they are.....

[/quote']

just mainstream metal.

You tried to make me look wrong when I said that BFMV and All That Remains are Metalcore...

Bring Me The Horizon (old. ie. Album Count Your Blessings) is Metalcore. And yes, there is 'Metal' it is on Children of Bodom's MySpace. And all over. How is there not Metal?

heavy metal' date=' death metal, thrash metal, plain metal

thems all good

in particular... slipknot, all that remains,30 seconds to mars, dethklok, etc.

[/quote']

Slipknot: Nu Metal. All That Remains: Metal. 30 Seconds To Mars: Fail. Dethlok: No clue, I don't listen to them.

But really? 30 Seconds? The worst band ever? (Besides Jonas Brothers)

[/quote']

just mainstream metal.

Bring Me The Horizon (old. ie. Album Count Your Blessings) is Metalcore. And yes, there is 'Metal' it is on Children of Bodom's MySpace. And all over. How is there not Metal?

thems all good

[/quote']

Slipknot: Nu Metal. All That Remains: Metal. 30 Seconds To Mars: Fail. Dethlok: No clue, I don't listen to them.

"Metal"

Is a term used to seperate it from Rock.

It's an abreviation of every "Metal" genre there is.

So really, there is no such thing as "Metal"

I find it funny how you said that BFMV and ATR arn't Metalcore, when they obviously are =/

Anyways, have you heard of Kataklysm? if not, listen to them, they are amazing.

[/quote']

just mainstream metal.

thems all good

[/quote']

"Metal"

I find it funny how you said that BFMV and ATR arn't Metalcore, when they obviously are =/

Never heard of 'em.

Know the band Carnifex. They're badass

[/quote']

just mainstream metal.

thems all good

[/quote']

"Metal"

Never heard of 'em.

Know the band Carnifex. They're badass

Carnifex is amazing.

But Kataklysm is Canadian :O

Abnormality's demo CD was win. But Abnormality is still just a bunch of low-pitch yelps and wails, which im not a fan of. =D but i like deathcore, not so much death metal as deathcore but i luv deathcore. but thrash and progressive speed metal are my favs.

Carnifex, while being badass, is still not death metal. They're deathcore.

I love their song Lie To My Face, especially the sample at 1:02 ("What the funk?!"), and also My Heart In Atrophy, because of the bottle growl at the end.

' pid='2266866' dateline='1243798412']

Carnifex' date=' while being badass, is still not death metal. They're deathcore.

I love their song Lie To My Face, especially the sample at 1:02 ("What the f***?!"), and also My Heart In Atrophy, because of the bottle growl at the end.

[/quote']

I wasn't saying which they are. Just rather wanted to talk about them, but whatever.

And their best song is Collaborating Like Killers.

That Death Metal guy is such a poser. Geez.

Obviously, I listen to Death Metal. I could list a sh*t load of death metal bands but i'll leave you with just a handfull.

Morbid Angel, Deicide, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Gorgasm, Bloodbath, Necrophagist, Entombed, Exhumed, Autopsy, Massacre, Origin, Aeon, Gorguts, Sadus, Incantation, Nile, Immolation, Cadaver, Suffocation, Terrorizer, Vader, Vital Remains, Decapitated, Deeds of Flesh, and there are alot more.

Your god has spoken.

All thrash.

1- Metallica (maybe speed.)

2- Megadeth.

3- GWAR!!!

4- Slayer

5- testament

6- Pantera

7- Judas Priest

8- VOIVOD

9- Abnormality (progressive. maybe death/black.)

10- Meat Loaf (more rock and roll but still my favorite Non-Metal Band.)

Alright' date=' top 10 bands you guys know?

[/quote']

1. Alestorm

2. BMTH

3. Korn

4. Korpiklaani

5. Swashbuckle

6. IWABO

7. Stormlord

8. Finntroll

9. Suicide Silence

10. TDWP

That Death Metal guy is such a poser. Geez.

Obviously' date=' I listen to Death Metal. I could list a sh*t load of death metal bands but i'll leave you with just a handfull.

Morbid Angel, Deicide, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Gorgasm, Bloodbath, Necrophagist, Entombed, Exhumed, Autopsy, Massacre, Origin, Aeon, Gorguts, Sadus, Incantation, Nile, Immolation, Cadaver, Suffocation, Terrorizer, Vader, Vital Remains, Decapitated, Deeds of Flesh, and there are alot more.

Your god has spoken.

[/quote']

0. Morbid Angel

Archived