How To Make Perfect Cards!

AlickimenT

Hello. I am AlickimenT, and I am here teaching you how to make Cards very niceley and realisticly amazing! with this tutorial, I will brake it down into parts, this will help you master and make good use of ALL the questions in the Card Makers Generator!

Here it is:

CARD NAME:Well, you really should know how to make good card names.

Attribute: A cards attribute should match the clues in the cards name, and image. Say there is a card called "The Dark Dweller", and his picture was like a dark foggy monster. it would be a DARK monster.

Level: should match the cards ATK or lore (effect). say there is a normal monster with 100 ATK and DEF, it would be like a 2 or 1 star, because it sucks. A monster with 0 ATK and 0 DEF, with a AMAZING helpful effect should be like a 5 or 4, etc.

The stars (level) is apart of a cards BALANCE (next chapter).

OK, I have been browsing and rating cards in sets in realistic cards and alkmost ALL the pictures I see are BAD. this tutorial is how you find good pictures.

now, common reasons most pictures are bad is because:

1. they have words on them

2. they have no background

3. the image has a border (the card maker puts a border around it you dont need 2 borders.)

4. they are incredibly blurry

5. they are WAY too realistic for yugioh.

6. Strecthing errors.

How to fix these problems and have good pictures:

1. they have words on them - find a picture with no words on it at all.

2. they have no background - you need a picture with a background, even a solid colour is bad.

3. the image has a border - find a picture with NO border or box around it. yugioh card maker give one when you generate the card, two looks bad.

4. they are incredibly blurry - image but be balanced in between HD and terribly hard to see and very blurry. like you would take a picture with a camera, its not AMAZING and its not blurry.

5. they are WAY too realistic for yugioh. - picture must be balanced in between REAL people, and terribly fake cartoon. look at real yugioh cards, they aren real, or very cartoonish.

6. Stretching Errors - many people find a good image, but its the size of a avatar! since it has to fit in the YCM's border they must stretching it, allowing you to see pixels very clearly. If it is a big image, It wont stretch, it will be made smaller.

GOOD image finding sites:

1.google images is a NO-NO! every body uses it, and the images stay the same all the time, there are no updates, so everybody uses they same images, thats how images are overused.

2. Photobucket is the BEST place to go. its updated almost NANOSECONDLY, and all the pictures are awesome!

Type: Types have to do with the cards name and lore. if there is a bug wasp thing called "the insectery bug", and its a sea serpent type monster, NO-NO! here are the types:

Aqua, Beast, Beast-

Warrior, Dinosaur, Divine-

Beast, Dragon, Fairy, Fiend, Fish, Insect, Machine,

Plant, Psychic, Pyro, Reptile, Rock, Sea,

Serpent, Spellcaster, Thunder, Warrior, Winged

Beast, Zombie.

Effect:

This is a HUGE part of a card. The effect must be VERY realistic and must sound just like a real card. in Realistic Cards section, there is a WHOLE thread about OCG and stuff. This part of a card is involved in a cards BALANCE (explained in next chapter).

ATK / DEF

The attack and defense of a card are MAJOR and involves BALANCE (next chapter it will be explained) LOTS!. ATK and DEF must be low if a effect is good, and high if a effect is bad. if there is a normal effect, with a decent ATK / DEF, it will be PERFECT. if there is a card with a very good effect, and very high ATK and DEF, it is called OP (over-powered) meanining its not balanced like a normal monster card and is VERY unrealistic. If there is a card like that, but complete opposite, it is called UP (under-powered) meaning it unrealisticly sucks.

CHAPTER 2: BALANCE

Balance takes place in Level, Effect (lore) and ATK / DEF.

if there is a card with a decent ATK / DEF, and a good decent effect, it should be around level 4. A good card with low ATK and DEF, but good lore (very HELpful)the level should be a little higher, so you have to tribute to use such a amazing effect. good cards with like no effect, and mainly just high ATK and DEF should stay in the 5,6,7 level. God cards with great effects and good ATK and DEF are in the 10,8,9 level area, but there are exceptions of using the card in the effect.

You forgot to mention Photobuket as an image source. You can find some REALLY good images there. That's where I get a majority of mine (as well as another site that I cannot reveal). You can also check out Father Wolf's gallery in the GFX section. If you use something of his, make sure to credit him - or he will destroy you!

Nice informative topic. There are also shops that can help you with card images - for a price. They can do renders, backgrounds, and other things you may need.

2. DeviantART is the BEST place to go. its updated almost NANOSECONDLY' date=' and all the pictures are awesome!

[/quote']

None of the pics on my Touhou cards are from DeviantART.

My site is 100x better. But like Saturn, giving that site away would pretty much mean anyone could find my pics, huh?

Most of this tut is common sense (assigning Attributes/Types/ATK/DEF)

Of course, a good number of newbs lack common sense...

The part that bothers me is your complete lack of going into detail on any of the effect/balance sections (even though you continuously promise in-depth detail in the "next chapter")

You've pretty much said:

-make a balanced and realistic effect

-make sure your ATK/DEF isn't too high if your effect is good.

Which again, is kind of common sense...

2. Photobucket is the BEST place to go. its updated almost NANOSECONDLY' date=' and all the pictures are awesome!

[/quote']

um, this sound really noobish, but i dont use photobucket cuz when i take the url code from the pic and put it in the url of cardmaker, the image doesnt come out....

• 2 weeks later...

I normally use this helpful formula for the level determining:

First,

ATK+DEF=TOTAL

Then,

TOTAL:2=MEAN

Then, compare the MEAN with this tabel here:

0-500>>Lvl 1

500-1000>>Lvl 2

1000-1500>>Lvl 3

1500-2000>>Lvl 4

2000-2500>>Lvl 5

2500-3000>>Lvl 6

3000-3500>>Lvl 7

3500-4000>>Lvl 8

4000-4500>>Lvl 9

4500-5000>>Lvl 10

+5000 or God/Divine>>Lvl 11

Lvl 12 will be explained later

Since AlickiminT has mentioned the effects part, I should add this:

No effect or bad effect>>Remains in the same level

Good effect>>+1 Lvl (This makes the Lvl 12)

Another good site to search images is DeviantArt. For me, it's as good as Photobucket.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived