Kira's Movie Reviews (FIRST REVIEW FINISHED)

Guest Morpheous Erebos

I am Lawliet (soon to be Kira, hence the title) and I will be reviewing 1-3 movies every week (if I can). I have no real experience with this, but I will try my best to fairly review every movie I can. I will start reviewing tomorrow. See you all then.

Guest Morpheous Erebos

Ok... Time to finally get this thing running. I just saw Disney-0Pixar's "Up." I give it an A- and here's why...

[spoiler=My first review]"Up" starts with a scene of mostly-silent Carl Fredrickson at about age 10. He is an aviator-in-waiting and admires a man for going to a place of discovery called "Paradise Island." He sees a movie about the man and it shows people shunned him because scientists believed his discovery of a new species of bird was a sham. The film ends with the man saying he will bring back a live speciman and won't come back until he does. Carl is walking hom while imitating, and failing at that, his hero. He hears a voice coming from an old abandoned house of a girl imitating the same man. He meets her, and is freaked out by her at first. She then shows him a book titled "My Adventure Book" that she hopes to fill up with an adventure in Paradise Island.

They then cut to a scene where you see Carl get married to the girl, whose name is later revealed to be Ellie. The scenes follow to a montage, featuring them growing old together and her having a miscarriage, leading to them never having kids. Carl promised Ellie when they were 10 to take her to Paradise Island in a blimp. Later in the montage, it shows Carl selling balloons for most of his life and buying Ellie a plane ticket to South America, location of Paradise Island. The day he planned on giving it to her, she falls ill, leaves the Adventure Book to Carl, and dies soon after. He is now a grumpy old man living alone and is visited by a Wilderness Explorer named Russell. He needs the "Assisting the Elderly" Badge to get promoted.

Being as grumpy as he is, Carl tricks Russell by telling him to hunt a snipe. He sees a man accidentally hit his mailbox, which he and Ellie painted together and trying to fix it. He gets edgy and hits the man in the head with his cane. The man starts to bleed and Carl is summoned to court. He is sentenced to a retirenment home, whose letters he shunned. That night he fills all the balloons in his house and stores them in his fireplace. The day they come to pick him up, he releases thje balloons which ift his house into the air like a blimp. He sits down contently and, by strange reason, hears a knock on the door. He opens it to find Russell hanging on for dear life.

Russell messes up Carls plans and screws with his steering, landing them, ironically, in the very place he wanted to go. Carl meets Doug, a talking dog and Kevin, the species of bird Carl's hero found. The man's dogs, including Doug have been hunting that bird since the time the movie Carl saw was filmed. Kevin later turns out to be female, and a mother, at that. Doug also follows Carl on their adventure, because he is too nice. All the man's dogs are easily destracted, and Carl uses this to his advantage when, after meeting him and him having burn down his house, his hero kidnaps Kevin (whose name never got changed).

He uses the tennis balls attached to his cane to chase the dogs out of the room they are guarding, then locks the door. Doug also gains bravery when Alpha, leader of the man's dogs, starts biting at him. He puts a veterinary cone, nicknamed by the dogs as "The Cone of Shame", around his nack while barking at him though the man's blimp's wheel. He is named the new Alpha and all the dogs must listen to him.

Carl rescues Kevin after a sword/cane fight in which old people stuff happens (Dentures popping out, bones cracking, etc.) with hilarious results. Kevin is then returned to her babies, and the movie ends with the man falling off his blimp, presumably to his death and a montage of pictures in the credis' book titled "My NEW Adventure Book.".

Archived