Cinematic Critiques of a Lone Traveler / Recent - I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry

.Traveler

[align=center]Hello everyone, and welcome to my Movie Review's Thread;

A Branch of one the official Forum Reviewers Team.

I am .Traveler, and I will be this threads critique from now on.

Please direct your attention to the following spoilers for more info.

On Another Note, I don't follow any specific Genre.

[spoiler=Movies to be Reviewed]

If you would like to know what movies i'll be reviewing,

Check these two lists; Movies i'll review on my own time,

And movies I take on request from you guys.

Movies to be Reviewed Soon

Dan in Real Life, I Know Pronounce You Chuck and Larry,

Good Luck Chuck, Star Trek, X-Men Wolverine Origins,

Transformers, T: Revenge of the Fallen, Jurassic Park,

The Lost World of Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park 3,

Kill Bill Volume One, Kill Bill Volume Two, & Disturbia

-In no particular order-

Movies Made Upon Request

Howl's Moving Castle

(Click the Title of the Spoiler to be Linked to the Review)

[spoiler=I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry]

Recommended for Comedy Fans

This Film Receives an Official Rating of a B+

[/align]

[align=center]

My First Review is now finished, enjoy everyone.

[spoiler=I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry]

I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry, directed by Denis Dugan and produced by Lew Gallo, Barry Bernardi, and Ryan Kavanaugh under Universal Pictures, if you haven't already seen it, is a film about a man named Larry Valentine, played by Kevin James, who in a desperate time after losing his late wife, calls in a favor from his best friend Chuck Levine, played by Adam Sandler.

The movie did great at making a convincing and believable plot in terms of compairing it to real life situations and events. Larry Valentine and Chuck Levine are Firemen, who face the danger of everyday fires. Larry being the father of two children, Eric and Tori Valentine, who recently lost his wife. With a full year of mourning the death of his wife, Larry realizes his beneficiary for his wife, that is the insurance, was expired and could not be moved to his children so that they can be protected incase something ever happened to him in a disaster.

Hoping to put the benificiary on his best friend Chuck so that if something were to happen to Larry his kids would go to Chuck, Larry makes a plan to file for a Domestic Homosexual Partnership with his best friend Chuck. That's when Glen Aldrech comes to see Larry, in order to make sure nothing seemed fishy between their filed partnership. This would start a serious of visits by the antagonist Clint Fitzer. In order to fight this awkward man, Larry and Chuck turns to Alex McDonough, played by Jessica Biel, for help to make sure they're not in as much trouble as they believe.

Little does Chuck know, actually he knows pretty well; He would fall in love with Alex. Alex's first plan to make their partnership seem more real, was to get married on a trip up to Canada. Here we meet the man who will marry them, played by Rob Sneider, go figure. Afterwards, they realize how much they needed to make others believe in their partnership, so Chuck would finally have to move in with Larry.

Events lead you up to one of the funniest and most enjoyable part of the movie, the Holloween event. Larry dresses as an Apple and Chuck as a Vampire. One of the funny parts here is when they ask Chuck and Larry who "Pitches and Catches" where Alex and her brother Kevin Butterfly, both say Chuck to be the "Catcher". Afterwards the dancing scene comes in. Although it was heartwarming to see Chuck and Larry change the mood to a slow dance, it would have been better if Chuck and Larry could dance, and a dance off started with another couple. The scene ends with everyone leaving the event, to run into the evil anti-gay mob where chuck punches the preacher for calling him a "fa*got". People, the accepted Venacular is, Gay.

At the end of the movie, Chuck is found to have slept with aroun sixteen woman, which warrented a court hearing to see if their partnership is legitimate. Both men are interviewed individually to see how much they know about eachother. From what is shown, they do a pretty good job. Then they speak with the kids, and take it from me this is a cute and funny scene best if viewed on your own. They almost pull it off until they are asked by Fitzer to kiss, which they would have done if their Captain didn't butt in. The ending does end in favor of Chuck and Larry, and both find love. Chuck especially with Alex and unfortunetely not Dr. Honey.

In terms of plot, the movie did exceptional to capture an event that seems more lifelike than other movies. The acting was good in an entertaining sort of way, and for a comedy they really did capture the hilarity the movie was leaning towards. The music used in the movie also captured the movie perfectly, none to me seemed out of place. This movie really is entertaining and has a laugh for you at every corner. This movie is also good at explaining to people the lifestyle of homosexuality, which as seen in this movie isn't all that bad.

All in all, I would recommend this movie to my friends, especially if comedy is your thing.

My Rating for this movie is a B+

[/align]

I request (a requested request lol) Howl's Moving Castle (understandable if you can't find it though).

Is it a Live-Action or Animated?

I'm sure I can find it ^_^

Animated. Japanese (Anime) to be specific ^_^

I can do it, assuming I can find one with English Sub-Titles lol

I request (a requested request lol) Howl's Moving Castle (understandable if you can't find it though).

Is it a Live-Action or Animated?

I'm sure I can find it ^_^

Animated. Japanese (Anime) to be specific ^_^

I can do it' date=' assuming I can find one with English Sub-Titles lol

[/quote']

Oh, there's a dubbed version.

I meant the style of the art was Japanese ^_^

Archived