Getting your cards noticed and making the realistic

rholowie

I've noticed that many cards on here are getting overlooked because of silly mistakes. Here's a tutorial on making your card realistic and noticable to others:)

1. Picture: This is often overlooked, but a good picture is very important. Make sure its clear and not fuzzy and that it coincides with the title of the card.Also, if there are words or signatures in the picture use a photo program or "paint" to edit them out. This is especially important for pictures that have subtitles on them. Also, if you want your card to be realistic, don't use a photograph for a picture.

2. Effect or Description: Self explanatory. Use correct grammar and wording. Don't make silly effects or descriptions! These include choice phrases such as "This card pwns" or "This card destroys all the other monsters". Make your cards' text believable and well written, which means don't use phrases such as "pierching damage".

3. Attack and Defense: No monsters' ATK or DEF is Inf. It is a number! Make the number reasonable as well. Don't make monsters with 9999 ATK or DEF. Also, usually ATK and DEF go by numbers that end in 000 or in 050. Most importantly, make the monster's stats believable for its level. No three star monster has 3000 ATK. Also, there is a standard rule that seems to be followed on these forums...

No normal monsters can have an attack higher than "Blue-Eyes White Dragon".

4. Magic and Traps: Just make them believable and cards that you can picture being used in reality. Don't make them give you infity Life Points or silly effects like that. Also, I can't tell you how many times I've seen the effect "You can change rules" Never say something like that. Make your spells and traps balanced, which means giving great effects a big cost and bad effects little or no cost.

That's about it. I just want to help. Be original and good luck!

Archived