YCM's One-Stop Shop for Metalcore and Prog! I Got'cher Reviews Right Here

OhHerro

Hello, and welcome to my somewhat obvious musical domain. If you want to find out how you too can become a reviewer of a certain genre of music, you can find out all about that here. If you were looking for a specific genre of music and Metalcore or Progressive Rock/Metal is not that genre, you should still be able to find what you are looking for here. Just look down the following list (organized in alphabetical order by genre) and find the review thread you were looking for:

[spoiler=List of Review Threads]

Metal (Thrash) - Man0waR

Now that all the formalities have been presented to you, allow me the privilege of a brief introduction.

I am bhim/JerryFreelance/OhHerro, depending on who you are and how you know me, and I will respond to each of those names, although in the past, bhim has been preferable. I'd like to tell you a little about my musical background and why I'm qualified to be writing reviews on two of music's most underrated genres.

Though I'm not much of a metalhead in appearance, my musical background as a singer and guitarist (though not very long) give me the initial qualifications to review music. I have not been listening to either genres for a very long time, as I was only introduced to them within the last year, but since then, I have fallen in love with both of the genres. My first introduction to the genre of Progressive Rock/Metal (which from here on out will be referred to simply as “Prog”) was I believe last year, when I first learned of Dream Theater (I won‘t count listening to Yes as a child, as I didn‘t know the difference between Pop and Rock back then). Since that time, I have expanded my library to the point where I have numerous bands and songs that fall under the genre. My favorite Prog band is still Dream Theater however, so expect to see reviews on their music.

In terms of Metalcore, I decided less than five months ago that I wanted to get into the genre of metal, simply because the musicianship in the genre was top-notch and I felt that I was really missing out. The first Metalcore album I ever got was “Overcome” by All That Remains, and pretty soon after I got “The Fall of Ideals”, which is (in my belief) the greatest craft in the history of the genre. There is no doubt in my mind that I will eventually write a review on this album, but I will wait until I become good enough at writing [reviews] to review it so that I can do it justice. Don’t get me wrong though, I love pretty much all forms of metal (except Nu Metal and Hardcore, if you can even consider those genres of metal). You’ll see me listening to Brain Drill and Old Man’s Child every once in a while, and who can ever forget Master of Puppets and Powerslave, but Metalcore is by far my favorite sub-genre of metal.

So if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will be reviewing both single songs as well as albums, so request all you want. I will choose some songs/albums I’d like to review, and I’ll pick some that you’d like me to review, and depending on the amount of requests I get on a daily basis, I’ll probably try to write about three or four reviews a week.

If you are unsure whether the song you’d like to request is Metalcore or Prog, check wikipedia. They have a database of Metalcore bands that can be located here, as well as a relatively detailed database of Progressive METAL bands that can be found here. Note that they do not have a list of Progressive Rock, for whatever reason. Regardless, if you are unsure, check with wikipedia to make sure or just post it anyways. We’re not going to flame you if you’re in the wrong genre, but will instead refer you to the correct thread. Everyone makes mistakes, and when it comes to the different sub-genres of metal, it can be difficult to determine which group belongs to which genre.

Other than that, please follow the rules of the forum and have fun here. I hope you enjoy reading my reviews!

if your in the review team (review headquarters) you can only review one subgenre of Metal (just to be fair because there are so many kinds of metal.)

You need to do Metalcore, or Prog.

I personally would like some Prog. =D

What are your opinions of Dream Theater? (my favorite Prog. Band.)

Ok so Black Clouds and Silver Linings on the 23rd.;)

I don´t have many requests since I hardly listen to Metalcore... Just not my type except for a few bands...

If you have time or feel like it I would like to see what you can make out of this:

All That Remains - Fall of Ideals

The Agonist - Once Only Imagined

Sonic Syndicate - Only Inhuman

Most of the songs should be there, if not try their myspace sites or youtube:

http://www.lastfm.de/music/The+Agonist

http://www.lastfm.de/music/Sonic+Syndicate

(I would be interested to see what you make of The Agonist. Most of the reviews I´ve seen were just about how hot Alissa White-Gluz is and not really serious.T.T)

I know right?! And my school gets out the day on the 24th... That week is going to be SICK!

And like I said, I'll tackle the Fall of Ideals once I've gotten the hang of it, but I'll give a listen to the other two bands you suggested and try and get you a review sometime :]

Ok so Black Clouds and Silver Linings on the 23rd.;)

I don´t have many requests since I hardly listen to Metalcore... Just not my type except for a few bands...

If you have time or feel like it I would like to see what you can make out of this:

All That Remains - Fall of Ideals

The Agonist - Once Only Imagined

Sonic Syndicate - Only Inhuman

Most of the songs should be there' date=' if not try their myspace sites or youtube:

http://www.lastfm.de/music/The+Agonist

http://www.lastfm.de/music/Sonic+Syndicate

(I would be interested to see what you make of The Agonist. Most of the reviews I´ve seen were just about how hot Alissa White-Gluz is and not really serious.T.T)

[/quote']

I love you.

Archived