Sheffield Pharoh Cup Report.

In the style of oddish666, i will give a report on the event as best i can, ok, here we go.

At the end i finished 4 wins and 3 losses. So, out of about 200 people, i was in about the 50s - 60s.

I was using my toolbox, of course.

ROUND 1:

Versus: Some kid called Muhammad, using gadget.

Game 1:

He summons a gadget, i summon cyber dragon and breaker and destroy his set face down so i give him alot of damage.

The entire duel kinda followed this pattern, so it was 1-0 to me.

Game 2:

I draw poorly, i didn't see a pulling the rug all game, so he beat me pretty quickly.

Game 3:

He sets one face down spell or trap for his opening turn.

I MST it and summon IFL! His face was incredibly funny! :P

He hammer shots my IFL, and summons a green gadget, which i promptly rug.

I played call and brought back IFL, summoned D.D. Assailant and attack for game.

ROUND 2: Against a little asian lad, using a cyber phoenix/monarch build.

Game 1&2:

He totally owned me, this guy knew his stuff, i couldnt get a single move in, so i think he deserved a handshake.

OWNED!

Round 3: Against a guy with his fringe over his eye, using a monarch hybrid.

Game 1:

He just zaborg'd and raiza'd me to death, so a quick loss there.

I sided and proceeded to:

Game 2:

I think he sided in kycoos etc. But unfortunately for him my deck eats that stuff, D.D. Assailant won the game for me, though i have to give some credit to my IFL! :P

Game 3:

Neither of us bothered siding again, i set a rat, and a rug.

Next turn he special summoned cyber and trib'd for raiza.

RUGGED! :P

D.D. Assailants, hydros and cyber dragons killed him.

ROUND 3: Against some guy with a huge scab on his lip. xD He was using a phoenix deck.

Game 1:

He just takes a hell of a lot of abuse from hydros and assailants, until he finally gets out his phoenix, and i promptly bottomless trap hole it.

That won me the game.

Game 2:

I side deck in some banishers, but they do not work, so bad hand combined with bad sidings meant game loss.

Game 3:

Unsided this time, and i owned him, he summoned phoenix, so i attacked it with assailant. LOL

IFL FTW!

ROUND 4: I have forgotten his face, but he was using a weird deck, Centered around Ha Des.

Game 1:

He summons Ha Des, i equip cyber dragon with united we stand, with 2 hydros on the field, so once Ha Des disappereared, i just killed him very quickly.

Game 2:

Nothing really exiting happened, i just beat him down.

Pretty easy to be honest, but i think his draws were crap.

ROUND 5:Table 11 (Gasp!) Against a guy using a pretty standard deck(Raizas, breaker, Warrior lady etc.)

Game 1:

He just has the standard stuff, and for some reason nobody could deal with my assailants, or mole! ;P

The final play was mole hitting bi shield gardna, cyber attacking directly, then i play call to bring back another cyber to attack for game.

Game 2: Not much siding, so we proceeded quickly.

Just a standard beatstick match to be honest, he won, as we were both low on life points, he summoned breaker and brained my face up warrior lady.

Lucky Top-Deck!

Game 3:

He plays wave-motion cannon!

I MST it.

I bring out cyber and hydro, and destroy his tomato with hydro, and again, but he chooses not to summon anything, so the 3rd hydro and the cyber had a clear shot at his LP.

I mole his face down and attack for game next turn.

ROUND 6:Against some guy using this weird cross between burn and baboon-rat. Unfortunately he had alot of mates who constantly tried to rule-shark me.

But i was on table 7, and i wasnt gona give it up!!

Game 1:

Its over pretty quickly, i absorb alot of damage, but mole still did it's magic, so at least i had game 1 under my belt.

Game 2:

I drew filth, i didn't see a monster all game, so he was free to inflict damage at will.

Game 3:

VERY close, he only just won with secret barrel, which did the exact damage he needed to win, this game finished only just before time was called, so i knew i could still qualify for the finals.

ROUND 7:Aganst SIMON HO(a very well known player and in the top 50 in england)

He was using perfect circle, so only time would tell.

Game 1:

He won pretty quickly, all i can say is one thing:

I HATE SNIPE HUNTER!!

Game 2: No siding, so we got right down to it.

Pretty close as they go, we were both making misplays due to the fact that it was at least 7 o'clock at night.

Still, he beat me, and it turns out that if i had beaten one of the two that i lost to in the final rounds, i would have qualified!!!

Pros: Good fun, got to meet brett williams at last.

Cons: Just missing out on qualifying!!! ¬_¬

So overall i have been pretty lucky with plays (remember these are not covering the entire events of the duel, as i don't remember it all)

So all in all, a good day!!

What is Perfect Circle?

Heh, its a new Archetype that works in the most annoying way, think of a advance cookie cutter deck with barley any chance of beating it since it works in almost "Perfect" sync with all other cards you got that has field, hand and grave control, a dude won a SJC in Washington D.C. with a deck like that.

Most Perfect Circle decks have the tendency to crush a opponent many ways in order to win.

Monsters:

x3 Destiny Hero Malicious

x2 Destiny Hero Fear Monger

x2 Destiny Hero Disc Commander

x2 Raiza

x2 Thestalos

x2 Mobius

x2 Mystic Tomato

x3 Cyber Dragon

x1 Elemental Hero Stratos

x1 Sangan

x1 Spirit Reaper

x1 Snipe Hunter

x1 Card Trooper

Spells:

x3 Destiny Draw

x2 Brain Control

x2 Reinforcement of the Army

x1 Heavy Storm

x1 Preamture Burial

x1 Snatch Steal

x1 Confiscation

x1 Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps:

x3 Sakuretsu Armor

x1 Mirror Force

x1 Torrential Tribute

x1 Ring of Destruction

x1 Bottomless Traphole

42 cards

Its not what one would think Perfect Circle on first glance but it is, its removal + damage it also works by destroying and removing strategys on the field your opponent has.

Also GL on qualifying.

Archived