Dirtfedd - The American Nightmare (review)

Shrekstasy

Yes, Dirtfedd's "The American Nightmare" album. It came out on 2 June 2009. It is available on iTunes, most Hot Topic locations, t0rr3ntz, and at other CD retailers.

It's, like Otep, anarchist metal, although much heavier, better screaming, and laced in awesome.

Track 1: Salute

"Drink, fight, f*ck, salute!" It's pretty much about sex and dissing American culture. The opening is beast, Guitars are great, and the vocals are the sh*t.

9/10

Track 2: Trained to Kill

"You will never be an individual, so do as you're told (do as you're told)!" It's about everyone following orders and fighting to be on top. Personally, one of my favorite songs ever. This song excels everywhere, so it wins.

10/10

Track 3: Said the Spider So She Fly

"My only wish is to see you meet your demise." Beast vocals and guitar, angry vocals. Win song is win.

8/10

Track 4: Blues

Instrumental. When I first heard it, I thought to myself: "Obviously watch Metalocalypse, or listened to the 'Dethalbum', as it sounds like 'Murdertrain a Comin'." It's like your basic Blues-man found a few electric guitars and played some riffs.

4/10

Track 5: The American Nightmare

"I'm sleeping with a gas-mask on tonight." Halloweeny guitar and bashing society and corporations. It's like a metal Anti-Flag. Not much more to say.

10/10

Track 6: Tonight

"As I hold you close to my heart." Love song.

7/10

Track 7: Here I Am

"I am the fear, I will destroy you!" Sheer defiance. Screams are so great.

8/10

Track 8: Shotgun Romance

"You broke my heart, now I'll break your face!" Murderous break-ups FTW. Lyrics and vocals rock, even if it's a little slow.

8/10

Track 9: Ares

"I am the spirit of terror, the essence of fear that runs in your veins." War is eternal. I love the piano and vocals on this song.

10/10

Track 10: War Criminal

"Blood-thirsty tyrant!" Opening is godly. Pretty much about war, enemy leaders, and traitors.

9/10

Track 11: Wasted

"Bring on the violence! Bring on the blood!" About getting drunk and more political bashing. Great ender. The (somewhat) bonus track beginning directly after the song is just some dude talking about Nascar and the band on an answering machine. =\

7/10

I've been waiting for this ever since I heard them on Music Choice in February. The album rocks. If you like metal, I highly recommend giving this album a listen.

Archived