[Tutorial] Making A Good Card Post

iKiller

Hello everyone!

[justify]For my return to YCM, I am going to copy all of the noobs. Thats right, I'm going to make my own "How To Post A Card" Tutorial! The only thing is, this tutorial has more detail, and shows how to make it look alot better when you're posting it. So lets get started with the tutorial![/justify]

Getting The Card URL

Getting The Card URL

[justify]In this part of the tutorial we will be getting the URL of the card to put in your topic. The first thing that you're going to need to do is get your card hosted. Alot of people suggest the built-in ImageShack uploader, but even though that is quick to use, and it works - alot of people want all of their cards hosted in one place that they can access easily. If you want to use this, all you have to do is create your card and then click on the preview image after Generating it. This will upload it for you, and then a link will appear below the card preview. For this, I recommend registering on one of the following sites, and then making an album and hosting them in there. You can then access it again and again with the same link, so you don't have 1,000 different links when you post in different places.[/justify]

| | | |

[justify]Now that you have the link, you need to be able to make it usable on a forum. For this you use "IMG Tags". They're so simple to use, all you do is put the following:[/justify]

Link Here

[justify]And then when you post that on a forum, it will be generated, instead of forcing someone to click on a link to view your card. If you use the built-in ImageShack uploader, then the link provided comes with "IMG Tags", so you don't have to add these yourself.[/justify]

Making The "Card Section" Of Your Post

[align=justify]In this part of the tutorial we will be getting the part of your topic that contains the card smashingly good. Once you have your URL with the "IMG Tags", you can start a new topic and paste in that code. Alot of noobs leave the topic with just the card image in, but thats a bit suckish don't you think?

A very good thing to do, especially with long effects is to post the effects of your card. If you have a card with so much description or text in the effect box, no-one will be able to read it and rate your card. So just underneath your card, copy the effect that you typed in on the Card Maker, and then paste it in there, so people can read it properly now.

Another common thing that makes it look good, is make the text of the effect that you have just pasted in smaller. You can do this by surrounding it in "Size Tags". Just like the "IMG Tag", except the "Size Tag" is a bit more complicated. Here is an example of a "Size Tag" that I would use when making a topic.[/align]

[size=x-small]Text Here[/size]

[size=x-small]Text Here[/size]

[align=justify]It makes a change from having the normal sized text which you see all the time on the forums, and larger text makes it too big, making it look like your trying to shove your card in their face. However, using a "size=xx-small" in your "Size Tag" would make it too small in my opinion.

Now for alignment. Center. Thats all I have to say, is center your card using an align tag, such as the following.[/align]

[align=center][code][align=center][img=Image URL]
[size=xx-small]This is my cards effect![/size][/align]

[/align]

[justify]The rest of the text in your post should be Justified, which makes it look more unique than other posts. This is still done using an "Align Tag", except instead of =center, it would be =justify...[/justify]

This Tutorial will be continued until everyone is posting the best card topics ever. If you have any suggestions for this tutorial, then please don't hesitate to suggest via PM or Posting here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived