Confused...

What happens if I have a monster and my opponent has "Spirit Reaper" on the field and he plays "creature swap"...wouldnt Spirit be destroyed immediately thus voiding the swap because the opponent has no monster to give?

Im pretty sure it works that way ... ^^;

the thing is creature swap targets no creature, This card involves the players. So if the creatures arent targeted than the monster isn't destroyed.

What happens if I have a monster and my opponent has "Spirit Reaper" on the field and he plays "creature swap"...wouldnt Spirit be destroyed immediately thus voiding the swap because the opponent has no monster to give?

the thing is creature swap targets no creature' date=' This card involves the players. So if the creatures arent targeted than the monster isn't destroyed.

[/quote']

But the player targets the creature, so SR would be destroyed and the effect wouldn't resolve

Konthestuffedbear

No, because your opponent had it first, Cyber Dragon would go to your side of the field.

But because of CP's effect, if Snatch Steal was destroyed while CP was on the field, you would get to keep CD because the additional effects of Snatch Steal would be negated.

the thing is creature swap targets no creature' date=' This card involves the players. So if the creatures arent targeted than the monster isn't destroyed.

[/quote']

But the player targets the creature, so SR would be destroyed and the effect wouldn't resolve

Konthestuffedbear

No, because your opponent had it first, Cyber Dragon would go to your side of the field.

But because of CP's effect, if Snatch Steal was destroyed while CP was on the field, you would get to keep CD because the additional effects of Snatch Steal would be negated.

Incorrect,

"Creature Swap" does not target. The monsters are chosen when its effect resolves, not when "Creature Swap" is activated. Source- Ude.com/yugioh

Cyber Phoenix

While this card is in face-up Attack Position, negate the effects of any Spell or Trap Card that targets 1 Machine-Type monster on your side of the field. When this face-up card attacks or becomes attacked, if it is destroyed as a result of battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can draw 1 card. Source- Yugioh Wikia

Snatch Steal

Take control of a monster on ;your opponent's side of the field that is equipped with this card. Increase your opponent's Life Points by 1000 points during each of their Standby Phases.

There is no Effect that works when the spell card is destroyed. The Fact that the Equip card is removed from the field Releases control of CD back to the owner. It is a game Mechanism. So control of CD will go back to the Owner, or the last Controller before snatch was played[/i].

[/quote']

Konthestuffedbear

Incorrect,

"Creature Swap" does not target. The monsters are chosen when its effect resolves, not when "Creature Swap" is activated. Source- Ude.com/yugioh

Cyber Phoenix

While this card is in face-up Attack Position, negate the effects of any Spell or Trap Card that targets 1 Machine-Type monster on your side of the field. When this face-up card attacks or becomes attacked, if it is destroyed as a result of battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can draw 1 card. Source- Yugioh Wikia

Snatch Steal

Take control of a monster on ;your opponent's side of the field that is equipped with this card. Increase your opponent's Life Points by 1000 points during each of their Standby Phases.

There is no Effect that works when the spell card is destroyed. The Fact that the Equip card is removed from the field Releases control of CD back to the owner. It is a game Mechanism. So control of CD will go back to the Owner, or the last Controller before snatch was played[/i].

My bad, I suppose I shouldn't be giving rulings when I've been out of the game for so long, I guess I'm getting rusty.

Archived