Legendary Birds - (Pokemon)

SaintAnti

OCG = Official Card Grammar, AKA, specific ways to word effects that are used in real cards.

I think there's a thread somewhere detailing proper OCG

I get that you want them to be realistic, and that's why you posted them here, but being Pop Culture overrides realism. You should strive to make realistic cards regardless of what section you're posting in >_>

I love the pics you used - they're fantastic

The effects however.....are underpowered. You give your opponent lots of really nice effects...for...800 ATK/DEF gain? Not worth it at all. Especially with their star level.

OCG is 'Official Card Grammar' -- the way a card is written to match the way Konami normally writes a card.

For example, where you put 'attack and defense points', Konami would just write it 'ATK and DEF'.

Here's my OCG fixes of your work:

This card gains X00 ATK and DEF for each card with "Legendary Bird" in its card name on the field or in either player's Graveyard.

As for each individual bird's extra effect . . .

When this monster is Summoned' date=' your opponent can add one Monster Card from their Graveyard to their hand."[/quote']

When this monster is Summoned' date=' your opponent draws 2 cards.[/quote']

When this monster is Summoned' date=' your opponent gains 2000 Life Points.[/quote']

Also, why aren't these cards otherwise in the 'Pop Culture Cards'? I understand that you've done some really good work here (they're not weak, but they're not overpowered, and you've certainly done some image hunting), but they're still based off of the Pokemon, right?

OCG is 'Official Card Grammar' -- the way a card is written to match the way Konami normally writes a card.

For example' date=' where you put 'attack and defense points', Konami would just write it 'ATK and DEF'.

This card gains X00 ATK and DEF for each card with "Legendary Bird" in its card name on the field or in either player's Graveyard.

When this monster is Summoned' date=' your opponent can add one Monster Card from their Graveyard to their hand."[/quote']

When this monster is Summoned' date=' your opponent gains 2000 Life Points.[/quote']

Also, why aren't these cards otherwise in the 'Pop Culture Cards'? I understand that you've done some really good work here (they're not weak, but they're not overpowered, and you've certainly done some image hunting), but they're still based off of the Pokemon, right?

I Actually had the pics before i even discovered this site, and they dont seem much like actual Pokemon in the pictures. This place is for "realistic" cards, which is why i posted them. They fit for both categories, but i feel they are more like the realistic type. I could always change the name and the cards would seem like elemental birds.

For example' date=' where you put 'attack and defense points', Konami would just write it 'ATK and DEF'.

I Actually had the pics before i even discovered this site, and they dont seem much like actual Pokemon in the pictures. This place is for "realistic" cards, which is why i posted them. They fit for both categories, but i feel they are more like the realistic type. I could always change the name and the cards would seem like elemental birds.

Qualifying for any other section automatically overrides its qualification for realistic.

Oh and,

When this monster is Summoned' date=' your opponent can add [b']1[/b] Monster Card from their Graveyard to their hand."

fix'd.

And Moltres is depressingly underpowered, I don't know what baroque is talking about.

Archived