Shadow Collesseum - the official fan-fic

TotalObelisk

'bout time this place got some good clean, ol' fasioned, traditional, solo made fan fics to clean up the place. So here's my latest one and this time I am using cards created on the forum, so without further ado, let's begin.

Prolouge:

The duel had been going on for most of the night, the two duelists at one end of the alley were panting and were worn out whilst the other seemed to be still at full energy. A fog had covered the alley, and though it was hard to see there was no mistaking the two duelists teamed up and ready to fight.

"Judai-kun, it's your move," Yugi said "I know we can win this, put your faith in you deck."

Judai nodded and looked up at their opponent.

"I always do, Yugi-san," he replied "my turn, draw!"

Judai looked at the card in his hand and smiled, he looked over at Yugi and nodded, Yugi smiled back.

"I sacrifice my two Hero Kids, to summon E-hero Neos!" He declared.

The two monsters currently on Judai's field vanished and were replaced by the ever famous Neos, one of Judai's favourite monsters.

"And then for my turn," Yugi said "I play the magic card, Molecular fusion! To merge my Black Luster Soldier, with Elemental Hero Neos!"

The two monsters moved closer together and were distorted into a spiral pattern before a new creature emerged, looking just like Neos only with dark blue and gold armour, plus a sword and shield.

"And thanks to the effect of Molecular fusion, instead of the normal 4000 ATK points, our new monster has 5500." Yugi declared.

Judai looked over at Yugi and gave him the thumbs up.

"Let's do this, Yugi-san," he said.

Yugi nodded and then the two duelists ordered their move in unison.

"E-Hero Luster Neos! Attack him directly with chaos elemental sabre!"

Neos raised his sword and swung it downwards creating a stream of multicoloured energy heading towards their opponent.

"And with this, we win!" Judai declared.

The figure in the shadows however raised his hand and a trap card opened up in front of him, then four small monster appeared in a vortex and one was instantly crushed by Neos' attack.

"What the...?" Judai stammered.

"This is..."

The figure drew a card from his deck, then the three monsters vanished and were replaced by a larger creature with a pair of metalic wings and a large orb behind it. Both Judai's and Yugi's eyes widened. The new monster raised its hand and fired a beam of black energy towards them, it went straight through Neos and hit Judai and Yugi and snet them flying. The figure in the shadows chuckled as the shadows faded.

"Even the two kings of games are no match for me," he said and burst into a typcial evil laughter.

Forgot to do this in the last bit:

Featured Card- Elemental Hero Luster Neos:

eherolusterneosnj4jpgseez8.jpg

Shogo sat on the couch in his living room rubbing his eyes, actually it was more of an apartment than a house so it was his living room and dining room as well, there was a table with half eaten breakfast at the end of the room and a kitchen near the back of the room. Right next to the sofa was a sliding glass door leading out onto a balcony, the view from it was showing a very bleak and cloudy day. Shogo ceased his rubbing and looked up, his hair was dark brown and extremely messy, most of it stuck up, and his eyes were a very dark shade of blue. The T.V he was watching right now was small but it was showing the news and Shogo was actually interested in what it was saying.

"The mysterious dissapearance of the worlds two best duelists, Yugi Moeto and Judai Yuuki, is still going on for the third week running," it anounced "but there have been no new developments."

Shogo sighed and stood up, looking out of the window.

"People don't just vanish like that," he muttered "I wonder where they went."

Near the other side of the city, a large explosion sounded followed by several yells, however there was nobody around to see or hear it except the people already in the alleyway where it started, but most of them were out cold. At one end of the alley one person was still standing, his name was Koetai, he was tall with silver hair, dark eyes and a hateful expression, he wore a black sleeveless shirt and black trousers and has two belts on, one was at an angel. A tighet band was tied around the top of his right arm and an active duel disk on the other. The people in front of him were all sprawled on the ground moaning amongst scattered cards.

"Pathetic," Keotai yelled at them despite them not bieng able to hear him "you're all pathetic, isn't there anyone who can even last 3 turns against me?"

He turned and walked off in a huff, leaving his unconcious victims to wallow in their defeat.

Shogo was now walking along the street with his hand in his pockets and not going anywhere in particular, he had school in a few hours so he still had plenty of time to kill before going. He looked up at the large Kiaba Corp tower dominating most of the scenery, he was barely born when Seto Kiaba siezed control of it and created, and he was still dominating it and had been for nearly 20 years. However nobody expected him to retire soon. Shogo sighed and set off again thinking quietly to himself.

Inside the tower, Kiaba was still working. Despite his age he didn't look a day older than he had been when Yugi defeated the Pharaoh, although his eyes betrayed his age, they were beginning to look exhausted and worn out but Kiaba was too arogant to care.

"As soon as I finish this new duel monster simulation game, I'll be in control of the whole dueling world," he smiled as he typed away, finishing calculations and designs "this'll put even Pegasus in his place he laughed, the old fool."

As he worked the phone rang, he glared at it accusingly and picked it up.

"Yes?" He asked gruffly "who is this, I'm busy right now."

"Kiaba," said the voice at the other end "I've been very anxious to meet you."

Kiaba hesitated before answering.

"Who is this?"

"Let's leave that till later shall we," the caller replied "right now I have something very importat to show you."

Kiaba looked at his screen and narrowed his eyes.

"Can it wait?" He asked.

"I'm afraid not, you seen it's something that you may not have the oppertunity to see again," the called said "and I'm sure it will change your life forever."

"Fine," Kiaba replied "if you arrange a time and place I'll meet you there. But be warned, anybody who wastes my time regrets it for a long time afterward."

Kiaba's Limo arrived at the place where the strager had designated, an old scrap yard far out of the sight of anybody.

"What a dump," Kiaba muttered "this had better be important."

He retrieved his briefcase and wandered through the gate, looking around. He turned a corner in time to see a figure flung to the ground by something.

"What the..?"

"Welcome, Seto Kiaba."

"Huh?" Kiaba looked up and saw a man with his face hidden behind a black hood standing just opposite him.

"What have you done?" Kiaba demanded.

"That is Manjyomi," the man explained "one of the top graduates from duel academy, but I'm afraid he was no match for me."

Kiaba looked down at Manjyomi and his eyes narrowed.

"What have you done to him?" He demanded.

"The same thing that will happen to you, Seto Kiaba," the man replied "my name is Shade, and I'm about to find out how good you really are."

Shade produced a black duel disk from under his cloak and activated it.

Kiaba eyes it and laughed.

"Please, you should know better than to challenge me to a duel," he said laying down his breifcase and opening it "after all, I can defeat you in no time at all."

He pulled out his latest edition of the duel disk and fitted it on his arm.

"If you don't mind, I'll go first," he said "and first I play future fusion, so I send 3 Blue eyes White dragons to my grave and summon the blue eyes ultimate dragon!"

Shade leaned back slightly as Kiaba's monster appeared with an almighty roar.

"If you think you're off the hook that easily then think again," Kiaba continued "I play soul release to remove my dragons from play! The I activate Dimension Fusion to summo back my three blue eyes. And last but now least I'll summon the Lord od Dragons!"

Kiaba's 4 dragons moved aside as the Lord of Dragons appeared on the field and settled behind Kiaba who laughed like a maniac.

"I'll lay this face down for later," he said "make your move, if you still can."

Shade drew a card from his deck and added it to his hand.

"I play pot of greed, so I get two new cards to my hand," Shade said.

"Big deal," he said "I have 4 powerful dragon monsters on the field, and thanks to my Lord of Dragons, they aren't affected by any of your cards, so try again."

"I'm not aiming for your cards, Kiaba," Shade said "Next I play the cheerful coffin, this allows me to discard up to three card from my hand."

"So now you're getting rid of your own cards," Kiaba said "you must be desperate."

"Hardly," Shade replied "you see, one of the cards I discarded was Fiend's grave, actually there were three of them in my hand but anyway. The effect of fiend grave allows me to summon one Dark fiend token when sent to the graveyard, and since I had three in my hand, three tokens come to me."

3 black, imp like creatures appeared on Shade's side of the field.

"You've got to be kidding me," Kiaba replied "those little weakling are no match for my dragons."

"Which is why, Kiaba, I'll be sacrificing them," Shade said "and summon, Dark Cyber Dictator!"

"What!" Kiaba stared up at the monster Shade summoned, it was even larger than his ultimate dragon.

Kiaba took a step back and narrowed his eyes, but they widened again and a smile spread across his face and he began laughing.

"Nice try," he laughed "but your creature comes nowhere near to the power of my monsters."

"Really?" Shade said "what a pity, I play Riryoku!"

"What?"

"So now, half the power of one of your monster is subtracted, and added to mine."

"Hold on," Kiaba said "my Lord of Dragons prevents all effects on my dragons."

"No, but they do work on the Lord himself."

"What!?"

Lord of Dragon's ATK streangh lowered to 600 and Shade's monster increased it's ATK to 4100.

"It's still no match for my ultimate dragon," Kiaba said "give up."

"I'm not aiming for your ultimate dragon," Shade said "Dark Cyber Dictator, attack all his monsters!"

"What!"

"When Dark Cyber Dictator is the only card I have, then it can freely attack every monter on your field," Shade explained "attack, with dark energy core!"

Shade's monster raised its arms above it head, a black orb formed between them and suddenly exploded outwards, oblitorating Kiaba's Lord of Dragons and his three blue eyes. The ultimate dragon fired a triple blast of powerful energy and broke through the wave, destroying Shade's monster, but the damage caused from the rest of Kiaba's monsters reduced his life points to zero and he was flung backwards and crashed against a pile of old cards before crumpling to the ground.

Shade walked over to him and laughed.

"I was hoping for more of a challege from you," he said "but it seems you were even more dissapointing than Yugi."

Shade pulled the hood off his head, underneath he was completely bald and the veins on his head pushed outwards forming a pulsating eye, also his real eyes were completely black.

"Your soul belongs to me now," he said raising his hand.

A flash of light illuminated in his palm and the eye on his head glowed, both Kiaba and Manjyomi vanished without a trace. Shade pulled his hood back up and knelt down picking up one of Kiaba's blue eyes white dragons.

"Now, who's next," he wondered out loud.

Featured Card - Dark Cyber Dictator:

darknessuponbyvldajpgseua8.jpg

"Whao!" Shogo suddenly woke up with a very violent spasm.

He shook himself slightly and rubbed his head before remembering where he was, he looked up at the very annoyed face of his teacher, Prof. Hakujou.

"Tell me, do you find my classes boring?" He said in a calm but, clearly angry voice.

"Well kinda, yeah," Shogo replied "it would help if you weren't so boring."

He waited with hidden satisfaction for this to sink in, he knew that the thing Prof. Hakujou would probably like to do most right now is hit him over the head, and it was pure torture to watch it since he wasn't allowed to.

"See me after class, Ishtani!" He snapped.

Shogo leaned back in his seat and sighed, he hadn't intended to fall asleep and when he had he saw what had just happened to Kiaba and Manjyomi.

"What the hell was that?" He muttered.

Koetai was still in exactly the same mood he'd been this morning, the one thing that mattered to him most was defeating people within minimal turns, he'd even managed to defeat someone in one turn once.

"It's not good enough!" He yelled out loud, slamming his fist into a brick wall and causing a considerable dent in it "Can't anybody last a minute against me! They're all just pathetic."

He lowered his slightly bruised fist panting and then lashed out at the wall again and almost punched right through it, a single passerby immediatly stopped and ran to the other side of the street.

"I know there's somebody out there somewhere," he muttered wandering past the scrapyard.

He crossed the exit right at the same point as Shade was exiting, they banged into each other.

"Hey! You got a problem pal!" Koetai yelled.

Shade turned to look at him blankly.

"I asked you a question hoody!" Koetai yelled.

He threw a punch at Shade with almost twice the force he'd used on the wall, Shade casually raised his hand and caught it without so much as stumbling. Koetai's eyes widened slightly and then screwed up in pain as Shade began to squeeze the fist.

"You're strong, boy," Shade said casually "do not waste it on such pitiful things as vengeance."

"Who...Are...You?" Koetai stuttered, not wanting to admit that it hurt.

"I am Shade,"

He threw Koetai backwards onto the ground and turned around to walk off.

"Where do you think you're going!" Koetai yelled, standing up.

He glared at Shade and then noticed the duel disk still of Shade's arm.

"Heh, so you play do you, well how about we settle this that way then," he said activating his disk.

Shade turned around and eyed Koetai. "I'm afraid you wouldn't last long against me," he said "why don't you go find some three-year-olds to play with."

"What did you say!" Koatai balled his hands into fists again.

Shade looked down at Koetai slightly then said. "Very well, if you can defeat a certain duelist then you may have your match with me."

A smirk crossed Koetai's face. "Heh, I can beat anybody, just name them."

Shade smiled and spoke the name into Koatai's ear. "Katsuya Jonouchi,"

Back at school, Shogo was staring out of the window again, the rest of the class has left but like his teacher had said, he was staying behind.

"But still," he muttered "what was with that crazy dream?"

"No talking," Prof. Hakujou snapped.

"Wha..!?" Shogo started "oh, sorry."

Prof. Hakujou huffed and went back to what he was doing. Shogo leant on the desk and sighed slightly.

"Geez, what's with him?" He said under his breath."

finish this part later, busy.

"Hm, I can't believe I'm doing chores for that freak," Koetai spat "still, I never back down. I heard that this Jonouchi is supposed to be good, heh, he won't be so cocky once I'm done with him."

Koetai strode into the park and stopped to lean against a tree, then his face screwed up in rage, he turned round and slammed his fist into the bark, smashing it and causing a large dent in the trunk.

"Damn it!" He yelled "where the hell do I find him!"

His banged his head against the tree in frustration. He stood up again and looked around the park, then his eyes suddenly widened as he saw Jonouchi across the field, there was no mistaking the large blonde haircut and the determined expression.

Koetai's face darkened and he chuckled and he ran over to him.

"Hey! You over there!" He called.

Jonouchi turned around and saw Kotai running towards him.

"Huh? What do you want?" He asked.

"Pretty simple," Koetai said "I've come to duel you."

"What?" Jonouchi's expression turned into slight amusement "don't get your hopes up, kid, I'm the third best duelist in the world, and nobody comes close to me, why don't you go play with some other kids your own age huh."

Koetai's anger stirred but he held himself under control.

"Why don't you go duel a monkey," he said.

"What you say!" Jonouchi turned about again with anger in his expression.

"Looks like I touched a nerve," Kotai laughed activating his duel disk "now are you gonna duel me or what?"

"Okay, you asked for it!" Jonouchi pulled out his own duel disk and activated it as well "let's duel!"

"Buety first," Jonouchi said drawing six cards "and first I'll summon Aligator sword in attack mode! Then lay two cards face down."

"Please," Koetai scoffed "that's it? Then watch this! I summon Black Dragon Khaos in attack mode!"

Koetai's monster emerged from the ground and rose up into the air with an almighty roar, towering above Jonouchi's Alligator Sword.

"And thanks to Khaos' special effect, he gains 100 ATK points for all the dragons on my field, meaning his ATK points rais to 2000!"

"Say what?"

"Khaos, attack his Alligator sword! Black Dragon Blast!"

"Not so fast pea brain," Jonouchi said "I play my Graceful Dice! All I have to do is roll a die and the result is added to my monster's ATK."

"Please," Koetai said "the only way you'll win is if you roll a six, it's hopeless."

"Let's just see shall we," Jonouchi said "go dice roll!"

A small winged pixie floated out of Jonouchi's card and rolled a giant blue die, it bounced along the ground and finally rolled to a stop on three. A smile crossed Koetai's face.

"Ha, looks like you're out of luck, your monsters ATK power only goes up by 300, you're still doomed."

"Well let's go again shall we," Jonouchi said "I play Dice Re-roll, this allows me to roll again."

The Pixie picked up his dice and threw it again, it bounced, rolled and finally stopped on six.

"All right!" Jonouchi yelled "now my Alligator's attack is 2100, take that! Alligator sword, take out his dragon!"

Jonouchi's monster leapt up and sliced through Khaos' hide, the hologram shattered and Koetai's life points lowered to 3900.

"Guess luck's on your side this time," he said, still with a smirk "I play two cards face down and end my turn."

"If that's the best move you can come up with, then you're finished," Jonouchi said "its my turn now."

Jonouchi drew a new card and added it to his hand.

"Okay then, I summon Axe raider in attack mode, and he has 1700 ATK points."

"So what?" Koetai said.

"So I'm about to cut your life points down to size, Axe Raider and Alligator Sword attack!" Jonouchi ordered.

"You're getting sloppy!" Koetai replied "remember my face downs? I activate Dragon's Parchment, this allows me to summon a high level dragon monster from my hand for this turn, arise, Karn the Dragon of Vengeance!"

A new dragon rose up behind Koetai, this one slightly larger than the last one.

"He has the same points as my Allgator sword," Jonouchi said "I'll just take card of him and then let my Axe raider have a go at you, go Alligator sword!"

Koetai's smirk grew. "Inferno Vengeance Strike!" Koetai ordered.

"Huh?"

Koetai's dragon fired a stream of fire and oblitorated Jonouchi's Alligator sword.

"What, no way!"

"Clearly you didn't know," Koetai said "for every dragon in my graveyard, Karn up here gains an extra 100 points, so now our life points are equal."

"Gr,"

"My move," Koetai declared "anf for my turn I activate cyber dragon conversion, now all my dragons become machines! Which comes in handy when I activate Power Bond!"

"Oh no! Not power Bond!" Jonouchi said "wait, that only works when you summon Machine monsters, your monsters are dragons."

"Yes," Koetai admitted "but as soon as my monsters are player, they become machines!"

"Oh no!"

"Power bond, fuse together Dragon Snake, and Sheith the Storm Dragon!" Koetai shouted "and summon forth, Shagon the Serpent!"

A powerful Serpent dragon, alight with thunder exploded from the ground behind Koetai, it's ATK points now 5000 and its body looking more machine like.

"Now let's see all these new points in action," Koatai said "Shagon, attack his Axe Raider!"

Shagon leaned forwards and fired a stream of thunder from its mouth, striking Axe raider and lowering Jonouchi's life points down to 600. Jonouchi was blown backwards by the shockwave and landed on his back a few feet away.

"Has enough?" Koetai asked.

"I still have a few points left," Jonouchi said.

"Yeah, sorry about that," Koetai said "but don't worry, I'll soon fix it, with this magic card!"

"Wha..?" Jonouchi's eyes widened as a bright glow spread from the card "oh no!"

The following explosion sent the leves on surrounding trees flying and could be seen several streets away. Shogo stopped on his way home and looked up at it, suddenly on the alert.

"What the?" He stopped what he was doing and ran in the direction of the park.

Koetai stood over the groaning form of Jonouchi and kicked him hard.

"And here I thought I was in for a challenge," he said angrily "you barely lasted as long as everybody else, you're pathetic."

He turned and walked away, at least now he'd get his duel with Shade if he ever caught up with him. Once Koatai had gone, Shade appeared from the shadow of a tree and walked over to Jonouchi and raised his hand.

"You're mine now," he said "soon all the greatest duelsits in the world will be mine, and then nobody will stand in my way."

At that moment Shogo ran in just in time to see Shade dispelling Jonouchi's body.

"What the?!"

Shade turned, he hadn't seen Shogo and now it was too late.

"Who are you?" Shogo said "and what did you do to him"?

Shadeo didn't reply, he merely stood there and waited. A breeze blew past, throwing his cloak out behind him and ruffling the hair on Shogo's head.

Featured Card-Shagon the Serpent:

seaserpantpo1jpgset1to1oh3.jpg

Shogo took a step backwards as Shade's gaze snapped over to him.

"I said, who are you?" Shogo repeated "and what the heck did you do to him?"

"That is none of your concern," Shade said "now begone from here before I do the same thing to you."

"I don't think so," Shogo said getting into a fighting stance "just try and go through me."

Shade chuckled softly and then burst into an outloud cry. "You fool, you think you have a chance against me?"

"Stop laughing!" Shogo replied.

Shade calmed down but was still chuckling under his breath.

"You fool," he stated "you know nothing!"

Shade raised his palm and a beam of energy shot out, struck Shogo and threw him backwards across the ground.

Shade vanished into a shadow, still laughing. Shogo stirred a few minutes later and rubbed his head.

"Ah, what hit me?" He muttered.

He stood up and looked around.

"Where'd the hooded freak go?" He muttered "hm."

He looked about before wandering out of the park. On his way out he passed Koetai, still seething that Shade had run off.

"That coward," he growled under his breath "How dare he back down on me!"

He balled his hand into a fist and then struck one of the stone pillars supporting the gate just as Shogo passed him, the resulting smack and the sudden crator appeared beneath Koetai's fist was enough to make him stop.

"What the..?" Shogo came to a halt and backtracked.

Koetai looked up and saw Shogo.

"Hey! What are you looking at," he demanded.

Shogo hesitated and then returned his stance to normal.

"Nothing," he replied "you're the one punching stones."

Koatai's expresion grew darker, then he noticed the deck box on the side of Shogo's belt.

"Heh, so you play too do you?" He said, a smile crossing his face "well then, at least I'll get one duel of of it then."

Koetai activated his duel disk again and shoved his deck in the slot.

"Come on, kid, duel me!" He demanded.

"Man you're pushy," Shogo said pulling his own duel disk out of his backpack "well if you say so."

Shogo inserted his own deck into the deck slot and the life point counter rose to 4000.

"Duel!"

"Let's see how you handle me, kid," Koetai said "I draw, and summon Serion the mountain dragon in attack mode! Next, I'll lay these two cards face down, make your move, kid."

"My name isn't Kid, it's Shogo!" Shogo replied.

"Whatever, you're still a kid in my eyes." Koetai said.

"My turn, draw! I summon, Collesseum Warrior Shogo!"

"Wha...? That card has the same name as you?" Koetai stammered.

"Well, kinda, yeah," Shogo said "anyway, I activate cry for glory! Since I only have one Collesseum warrior on the field, then he can't be destroyed!"

"Oh come on, that's pointless." Koetai said smugly.

"Not really," Shogo replied "I equip Shogo with Megamorph!"

"None of us has less or more life points," Koetai sighed "I can't believe you're that stupid."

"Oh shut it," Shogo said "I play double attack! So by discarding Neon from my hand, Shogo can attack twice."

Koetai raised an eyebrow. "You're playing two pointless cards and then making your monster attack twice even though mine has more points." However, it soon dawned on Koetai what Shogo was planning to do "oh!"

Shogo's smile increased. "Attack!" He ordered.

Shogo's monster leapt forward and raised his dagger, Koetai's monster raised its head and fired at Shogo, driving him backwards and dropping Shogo's life points down to 3900.

"And now, thanks to the effect of Megamorph, Shogo's ATK points double," Shogo said "okay Shogo, hit him again!"

Koetai's face grew angrier. "I have two face downs you idiot!" He yelled "I'll send your monster packing!"

"Try again," Shogo said "my monster isn't affected by traps."

"No..."

Shogo's attack hit home and destroyed Koetai's monster, reducing his life points down to 2600.

"looks like you cocked up in the end," he said "your monster's streangh goes back down."

"Suit yourself," Shogo said "I'll lay one card face down and end my turn."

Koetai's eyes narrowed slightly.

"If that's the best move you can do then I'm afraid you'll have to work on your strategy," he said "I activate the trap card known as Dragon's egg."

The trap card flip up and vanished, then was replaced by a small, magma coloured egg.

"But now I can sacrifice it," Koetai explained "to summon Lethios the Skull dragon!"

The egg vanished and was replaced by the hulking form of a giant, boned dragon. Shogo took a step back as he stared up at it.

"Prepare to lose your pathetic monster," Koetai laughed "Lethios attack now!"

"You've activated my trap," Shogo replied "go Sacred Collesseum!"

"What?"

"When a dark monster is summon and I play my trap card, then your monster is destroyed and you lose 600 life points."

"Grr." Koetai glared at Shogo, extremely annoyed.

"Ha, you've lost half your life points already," Shogo laughed.

"Don't start celebrating yet!" Shogo snapped "I play Dragon Fossil, so now Lethios returns to the field. Lethios hit him again!"

Shogo's monster was destroyed and his life points dropped to 2450.

"Heh, your move, kid." Koetai said slyly.

"Okay," Shogo replied drawing a new card from his deck.

"Heh, bet you wished you hadn't used up your whole hand," Koetai smirked "even if you have drawn a monster, there's nothing you can do to stop mine."

"Who cares," Shogo replied "the monster in my hand is a strong enough match for your monster anyday."

"Maybe so," Koetai shrugged "but if it's that strong then you'll need a sacrifice for it."

"Not this time," Shogo said "I summon, Collesseum Warrior Rika!"

"Huh?"

Shogo's new monster appeared in a flash of light, once it was revealed it was already in a battle stance, holding two longswords in her hand.

"Impressed?" Shogo asked.

"Not really," Koetai said "she still doesn't have enough points to get rid of my monster."

"Hm."

"Bet you thought you scared me there," Koetai laughed "Lethios destroy her!"

Lethios fired another blast of fire and hit Shogo's monster and destroyed her.

"Haha, not so great now are you?" Koetai laughed "let's see what you have next, more pathetic cards I'll bet."

Shogo drew a new card and activated it.

"I play my pot of greed," he said "allowing me to draw two cards this turn."

"Waste of magic," Koetai sneered.

"You call this a waste?" Shogo said "I summon Collesseum Warrior Kaze in attack mode!"

"What? He only has 1000 points." Koetai said "what the heck are you thinking?"

"Simple," Shogo said "since you have no face downs, Kaze can attack you directly!"

"He what?"

"Kaze attack!"

Shogo's monster flew into the air and flapped its wings hard causing a tornado that hit Koetai directly and dropped his life points to 1600.

"You'll pay for that!" He retorted.

"Suit yourself," Shogo said "in the meantime I'll be laying this card face down and ending my turn."

"About time," Koetai said "my draw! I summon Spirit of dragons!"

"Huh? That's in your deck? Doesn't seem like the sort of card a guy like you would play." Shogo said.

"It is when I play its special effect," Koetai explained "I sacrifice Spirit of Dragons, and Lethios the skull dragon to summon Megami the Silver Dragon!"

"Whoa?" Shogo stared up at the giant, serpentine dragon behind Koetai "that thing's huge."

"That's right," Koetai said "and it'll grow even stronger when I activate Dragon hatchling grounds!"

"Huh?"

"This spell card allows me to pay 500 life points to summon up to 5 dragon egg tokens to my side of the field," Koetai explained "and for each one Megami gains 1000 ATK points!"

"Oh boy."

"Now Megami has a total of 5000 points," Koetai laughed "Megami, finish him off with your Silver Flame Burst."

Koetai's monster drew a great breath and fired a stream of silver and white fire straight at Shogo's monster.

"You're finished," Koetai said "your monster doesn't have enough points to defend your life points."

"Prepare to taste defeat loser," Koetai said "you're just as pathetic as all my other opponents."

"Don't count your dragon eggs until they hatch," Shogo said "and in this case I'm speaking quite literally, I play Balance of nature!"

"Huh?"

"I pay 1000 life points," Shogo explained "and your monsters are destroyed until you have the same number as me!"

"What!"

Koetai's eggs shattered one by one, lowering Megami's ATK down to 1000.

"No, my dragons weaker."

Megami's attack his Kaze, he raised his wings in front of him as a shield, then leapt into the air, flying through the attack and struck Koetai's dragon directly, destroying both of them.

"No way," Koetai muttered softly.

"And the best part is," Shogo said "it's my turn."

Koetai looked back down at Shogo and his eyes widened.

"And for my turn," Shogo explained "I summon Neko warrior in attack mode!"

"No, wait..." Koetai stammered.

"Neko warrior, attack him directly!" Shogo ordered "cat scratch blade!"

"Ah!"

Shogo's warrior drew her blade and rushed forward, she leapt into the air and brought her sword down on Koetai, dropping his life points to zero.

"I win," Shogo said "what was that you were saying? I'm as pathetic as all the rest of your opponents? Care to take that back?"

Koetai turned his Duel Disk off and hung his head.

"Hey what's up?" Shogo asked.

"What's up is I don't remeber losing before," Koetai said, his entire tone having changed "but then, you just beat me? I used to think I was the best, but now..." He shook his head viciousley and turned round to walk away "you just got lucky, kid," he said "and luck doesn't work forever."

"Hm, typical," Shogo muttered.

"By the way," Koetai turned round slightly "my name's Koetai, see you around."

Shogo smiled and nodded.

"See ya."

Featured card- Megami the Silver Dragon:

masterdragonmagebydrakhmv4.jpg

"Bah, I can't believe that creep chickened out on me," Koetai huffed on his way home "how dare he trick me like that. And what about Shogo? He beat me, does that mean I'm not the best after all? No! I can;t keep thinking like this, what's wrong with me."

Koetai decided to take his anger out on the usual brick wall next to him, causing it to crack. He drew his fist out, panting slightly.

"What does he have that I don't?" He asked himself "how is he better than me, my cards are all stronger than his."

He gave the wall another whack and nearly puched clean through it, when he pulled his fist away again there was a smear of blood on the cracked brickwork. Koetai wiped it away casually."

"Shogo-Kun," he muttered "I've finally found you, the only person who can defeat me. No matter how much I hate to admit it."

As Shogo walked home again he was thinking about Shade, and what had happened to Jonouchi. It seemed almost impossible that it had happened, but despite that it had and there was no way of denying it. He stopped and looked up at the large tower dominating the landscape with its presense. Whoever Shade was, he wasn't going to stop there. Shogo looked back down and spotted a coin on the ground, he bent down slightly and outstreached his hand but stopped. He stared at it closer and noticed the tinyist of holes near the rim with a very thin string tied in it, casually he stood up again and put his hand in his pockets. He withdrew a random card stealthily and with a quick movement tossed it downwards, it struck the string and it snapped in two. Shogo almost heard the cry of damn from behind the dustbin nearby. Shogo bent down and picked the coin up, tossing it in that direction.

"I think you dropped this," he said.

"Ow!"

Shogo stood back, although there was no grin of satisfaction on his face. The person behind the bin crawled out still holding the string.

"Mind telling me what you're trying to do?" Shogo asked.

The figure was female, same height as him, and had long red hair that seemed to go straight down the back of her head and then fan out in random directions.

"It was only a joke," she said guiltily.

"Clearly," Shogo replied "and the point of this joke?"

"Um, err, em," the girl stammered "well, I...Um...."

Shogo sighed and shook his head. "Okay, try this one, who are you?"

"Tia," the girl replied "actually it's Tianisa, but call me Tia."

"Hm, 'kay," Shogo replied "why don't you just get an Xbox 360 like everybody else?"

"Beasause my parents never do anything for me!" Tia replied "I'm bored all the time, so I play tricks on people, it's actually pretty funny, you should try it."

"No thanks," Shogo replied "I'll stick to what I know."

He walked off but Tia followed him, humming quietly and occasionly drawing breath.

"Hey, you've got a duel disk haven't you?" She said.

"What make's you say that?" Shogo asked.

"You're bags half open," Tia explained "it's sort of obvious anyway."

"Oh, yeah," Shogo looked behind him "let me guess, you don't have one."

Tia shook her head. "I have the old model, not the new ones," she explained "you know, the one that snaps together like a pair of scissors?"

"Oh, that one," Shogo replied.

"You don't make much of a conversation," Tia stated in an irritated tone "I thought you'd be different but you're just as boring as everybody else."

"That a problem?" Shogo asked.

"Well.........."

"Never mind," Shogo said "where do you live anyway?"

?Um, pretty close to the city center,? she replied ?you know the middle of the city.?

?Obviously,? Shogo sighed ?well, do you have to follow me??

?I?m bored,? Tia complained ?and I?ve got nothing to do.?

?Well I?m not going to be any different,? Shogo replied.

?Oh come on, don?t be a killjoy,? Tia said.

?Stop following me,? Shogo replied ?go find someone else to torment.?

?Oh come one,? Tia moaned ?I?m lonely, and I?m sure you are too.?

Shogo stopped and looked around at her.

?You look like you don?t care, but I can tell you do,? Tia continued ?so, I can help you not be lonely.? She gave a ditzy style smile and a slight giggle.

Shogo wasn?t really sure how to answer; he just stood there with a slightly bemused look on his face.

?You could at least answer,? Tia said ?what?s you?re name??

?Shogo,?

?Well, Shogo-kun,? Tia said ?I?m your new friend, how?s that sound.?

?Err, well okay?Err.?

?Tia,? Tia reminded him ?call me Tia-chi, it?s much cuter than Tianisa-chan.?

?Okay,? Shogo agreed ?I guess it couldn?t hurt.?

?Oh,? Tia said suddenly remembering something ?you remember on the news right? Those two duelists that went missing??

Shogo nodded ?what about it??

?There?s a rumor that Kiaba-san and Katsuya-san have gone missing too,? Tia explained.

?What?? Shogo?s eyes widened, suddenly remembering Shade doing something to Jonouchi ?I-I saw him.?

?What??

?I saw, somebody, doing something to him,? Shogo explained ?he sort of vanished and??

?Vanished?? Tia rolled her head to one side ?how??

?Just that,? Shogo replied ?like magic.?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived