Good Idea

Wouldn't work unless you also gave a decription of specifically what goes in that forum. Just saying the name wouldn't solve the problem.

Interesting though' date=' not sure if its practical to implement.

[/quote'] implement means add right? Otherwise I don't know what that means.

Wouldn't work unless you also gave a decription of specifically what goes in that forum. Just saying the name wouldn't solve the problem.

Interesting though' date=' not sure if its practical to implement.[/b']

I like the idea... Labrocca made a "Default Message" plugin for MyBB that allowed the Admin to put in a message for specific forums when someone's posting a new thread.

It would remind users of rules that are constantly broken in that section, or even remind them of what section they're posting in.

I use it on mah boards 2! =D

It isn't a message that you agree to' date=' it's one that's in the post before you start typing... You'd have to erase it or else you'd post it too :P

I guess one backlash is that we'd see that message in newb posts everywhere because they won't backspace 0.o

[/quote']

I think IF/IPB had something like this too, it sounds like a reasonable idea.

Nobody would read it. Ever.

They'd have to =/ It's in their face...

Why don't you just make sure you post in the correct section?

Agreed... but n00bs won't =/

It isn't a message that you agree to' date=' it's one that's in the post before you start typing... You'd have to erase it or else you'd post it too :P

I guess one backlash is that we'd see that message in newb posts everywhere because they won't backspace 0.o

[/quote']

I think IF/IPB had something like this too, it sounds like a reasonable idea.

;) uh-huh

Link: http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-2408.html

btw, YCMaker is subscribed

No, everyone would immediately learn to ignore it, in the same way that they already ignore the part of the Post New Topic screen that tells them what forum they are posting in. Horse, water, drink, etcetera.

No' date=' everyone would immediately learn to ignore it, in the same way that they already ignore the part of the Post New Topic screen that tells them what forum they are posting in. Horse, water, drink, etcetera.

[/quote']

Nobody would even read it' date=' and it would get annoying.

[/quote']

Good points =/

Archived