*NEW* Vocaloid Card, Please Rate!

Chaos345

This is my latest custom card I've created. I got many other Vocaloid cards, but I might change it. There might be some OCG errors (whatever OCG means)on this card, so feel free to post the errors so I can fix them. I find the effect of this card very... cheap. Rate it or hate it. Here it is:

316703.jpg

Effect: When a monster is Normal Summoned or Set, put 1 Spell Counter on this card (max 2). Increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 300 points for each Spell Counter on this card. If this card is removed from the field, destroy the Spell Counters. If this card were to be sent from the field to the Graveyard as a result of battle, remove 2 Spell Counters instead. (Damage calculation is applied normally).

***Update***

316703o.jpg

Effect: When a monster is Normal Summoned or Set, put 1 Spell Counter on this card (max 2). This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each Spell Counter on it. If this card is removed from the field, destroy the Spell Counters. If this card were to be sent from the field to the Graveyard as a result of battle, remove 2 Spell Counters from this card instead. (Damage calculation is applied normally).

Normally I'd say the 'destroy the Spell Counters' effect is redundant, but with the advent of Endymion that isn't so. (I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you were actually thinking of Endymion when you made that effect.)

It's an interesting (if not very useful) effect (I say 'not very useful' because it needs to load 2 counters to protect itself, but it can essentially only load 1 per turn [Normal Summons, not Special Summons, count, and I'm not sure if The Shallow Grave would count for 'Set']), but the 'fake typing' ('Vocaloid') hurts it in my view.

Also, 2 slight OCG fixes . . .

. . . First, you have 'Increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 300 points for each Spell Counter on this card.' This is easily shortened (and cured of redundancy) to 'This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each Spell Counter on it.'

. . . And second, it also says 'If this card were to be sent from the field to the Graveyard as a result of battle, remove 2 Spell Counters instead.' . . . this seems a little too vague to me -- like it could take Spell Counters from other things. That said, it'd be easy then to simply splice 'from this card' inbetween 'Counters' and 'instead'.

EDIT: Also, a little piece of trivia that, when I re-read your post, you ought to know -- 'OCG' = 'Official Card Grammar' -- it basically refers to the way a real card would be written . . . that is, how to write the card so that it seems more like an actual card from Konami. OCG also serves double-, or even triple-duty in that it also 1) prevents misconceptions about effects (or at least most of them), and 2) it serves to make the card more readable (hint: good English grammar tends to translate well into good Official Card Grammar).

Thank you for the constructive feedback along with the meaning of 'OCG', Baroque. 8D I don't know what card is Endymion is. Heck, I don't even know most of the new cards. I use the OCG from the old cards I have. EX: PSV boosters, IOC boosters, MRL boosters, more old boosters. If I have some of the new cards, I'd be able to use the OCG from the new cards instead. Since I don't, I'll probably use my old ones. I'll change some of the errors. I knew I should kept it Machine-Type instead of 'Vocaloid'. Not sure what I was thinking. Thanks again, Baroque. I'll change all my Vocaloid cards to Machine-Type now. Thanks for the rating, Lacikus. You should rate this post for me. 8D

Thank you for the constructive feedback along with the meaning of 'OCG'' date=' Baroque. 8D I don't know what card is Endymion is. Heck, I don't even know most of the new cards. I use the OCG from the old cards I have. EX: PSV boosters, IOC boosters, MRL boosters, more old boosters. If I have some of the new cards, I'd be able to use the OCG from the new cards instead. Since I don't, I'll probably use my old ones. I'll change some of the errors. I knew I should kept it Machine-Type instead of 'Vocaloid'. Not sure what I was thinking. Thanks again, Baroque. I'll change all my Vocaloid cards to Machine-Type now. Thanks for the rating, Lacikus. You should rate this post for me. 8D

[/quote']

PSV? . . . I was into YGO when that pack came out. I feel old now . . .

In any case, here's a suggestion for keeping up-to-date on your OCG -- check the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki for it, or to check up on the latest packs (e.g., The Duelist Genesis, Crossroads of Chaos, Crimson Crisis, Raging Battle et al.) and review the OCG in their cards. In fact, if you look up specific effect types (for example, Piercing [when a monster deals damage against a Defense Position monster, like 'Spear Dragon']), they'll give the current wording for them sometimes.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, almost forgot; 'Endymion' can refer to two cards -- 'Endymion, the Master Magician' (Level 7 Spellcaster that can be summoned by removing 6 Spell Counters from a certain Field Spell, at which point it will add a Spell to your hand from your Graveyard . . . oh, and he can destroy a card once per turn by discarding a Spell) and 'Magical Citadel of Endymion' ('a certain Field Spell'. It gains a Spell Counter whenever a Spell is played, when a card with Spell Counters dies with them the Counters are moved onto Endymion [the Field], and once per turn you can use counters from the Field Spell as a cost instead of another card [e.g., you can use the monster-destroying effect of 'Magical Marionette' by removing 2 Spell Counters from Magical Citadel of Endymion INSTEAD of removing the same amount from 'Magical Marionette'] . . . oh, and as an added bonus for Earthbound-lovers, if Magical Citadel of Endymion would be destroyed, its controller can remove but a single Spell Counter from it to prevent its destruction! [it's still vulnerable to another Field Spell being played, though.]).

Sorry if I've put you off with the overlarge explanation, but . . . well, I get a little excited about Spellcaster cards (and Endymion [the Field] has to be the best one yet!).

Thank you for the constructive feedback along with the meaning of 'OCG'' date=' Baroque. 8D I don't know what card is Endymion is. Heck, I don't even know most of the new cards. I use the OCG from the old cards I have. EX: PSV boosters, IOC boosters, MRL boosters, more old boosters. If I have some of the new cards, I'd be able to use the OCG from the new cards instead. Since I don't, I'll probably use my old ones. I'll change some of the errors. I knew I should kept it Machine-Type instead of 'Vocaloid'. Not sure what I was thinking. Thanks again, Baroque. I'll change all my Vocaloid cards to Machine-Type now. Thanks for the rating, Lacikus. You should rate this post for me. 8D

[/quote']

PSV? . . . I was into YGO when that pack came out. I feel old now . . .

In any case, here's a suggestion for keeping up-to-date on your OCG -- check the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki for it, or to check up on the latest packs (e.g., The Duelist Genesis, Crossroads of Chaos, Crimson Crisis, Raging Battle et al.) and review the OCG in their cards. In fact, if you look up specific effect types (for example, Piercing [when a monster deals damage against a Defense Position monster, like 'Spear Dragon']), they'll give the current wording for them sometimes.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, almost forgot; 'Endymion' can refer to two cards -- 'Endymion, the Master Magician' (Level 7 Spellcaster that can be summoned by removing 6 Spell Counters from a certain Field Spell, at which point it will add a Spell to your hand from your Graveyard . . . oh, and he can destroy a card once per turn by discarding a Spell) and 'Magical Citadel of Endymion' ('a certain Field Spell'. It gains a Spell Counter whenever a Spell is played, when a card with Spell Counters dies with them the Counters are moved onto Endymion [the Field], and once per turn you can use counters from the Field Spell as a cost instead of another card [e.g., you can use the monster-destroying effect of 'Magical Marionette' by removing 2 Spell Counters from Magical Citadel of Endymion INSTEAD of removing the same amount from 'Magical Marionette'] . . . oh, and as an added bonus for Earthbound-lovers, if Magical Citadel of Endymion would be destroyed, its controller can remove but a single Spell Counter from it to prevent its destruction! [it's still vulnerable to another Field Spell being played, though.]).

Sorry if I've put you off with the overlarge explanation, but . . . well, I get a little excited about Spellcaster cards (and Endymion [the Field] has to be the best one yet!).

No worries, your explanation and suggestions helps a lot. Thanks again. 8D I will use the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki to update my custom cards with the correct OCG.

that card sucks man

i am sorry for saying that but its true and my best card could totally wipe the floor with that thing

Thanks! Can you rate?

*Edit* Oh, and your "best" card compared to this card means it's not as good as I think it'll turn out. Also, I don't care about your "best" card. Anyone can make the cheapest card in the game, so get your "best" out of here.

Archived