~ P O L A R I S ~ vs. Voltaic - Voting Ballots now Open! ^^

Which card is better, and why?   

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which card is better, and why?

I'm proposing a 1-on-1 Custom Card contest in which the members of YCM are the judges.

RULES FOR CONTESTANTS: In order to eliminate bias, my opponent must PM me their card with no traces of their identity on it. I will then post both cards, as well as a poll asking contestants to vote for either "Card A", or "Card B". Neither contestant may reveal which card is theirs before the contest ends.

I have no requirements for the opposing card. The first to fulfill BOTH of the following conditions will be my opponent:

-Post in this thread acknowledging that you've accepted my challenge.

-PM me your card.

RULES FOR VOTERS: You MUST provide reasoning for your vote, or it will not be counted. The poll's public, so we'll know if you didn't provide reasoning and which card to subtract the vote(s) from for unexplained votes.

The loser gives the winner 3 reps, and as a display of good sportsmanship, the winner must give the loser 1 rep as well. Either way you'll get rep if you battle me. ;)

If you give reasoning as to which card you think is better but do not vote in the poll, your vote will not be counted until you vote in the poll, but you will be reminded by PM to vote in the poll.

May the best card win! First to 7 votes is declared the winner.

[spoiler=CARD A - Desolate Shadowdrake]

76110.jpg

This card can be Special Summoned by destroying all monsters you control while you control 2 or more face-up DARK monsters.

You cannot Normal Summon, Special Summon, or Set non-DARK monsters. If this card is the only monster you control (except Tokens), you can discard your entire hand while you have 3 or more cards in your hand to destroy all face-down cards your opponent controls. During your Standby Phase, destroy all monsters you control (except "Desolate Shadowdrake") and Special Summon "Shadowservant Tokens" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0) up to the number of cards destroyed by this effect. During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, you can Tribute 1 Token you control to inflict double the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.

[spoiler=CARD B - Deity of Judgment - Minos]

259609o.jpg

If there is no "Elysium Field" on the field destroy this card. Cards destroyed by this card's efffect are removed from play. Once per turn, take control of 1 monster until the End Phase. During your next Standby Phase, you can destroy 1 card on the field. You can destroy 1 more card. If you do, draw 1 card.

225071dup.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card is also treated as a Warrior-Type monster. This can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Angels Chamber". When a Warrior-Type monster is Summoned put 1 War counter on this card (max 6). You can remove 3 War counters from this card to destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field. If this card is used as Synchro Material for the Synchro Summon of a Warrior-Type or Spellcaster-Type monster' date=' that monster gains 500 ATK. If this card attacks your opponent's Life Points directly, halve the ATK of this card and add 1 "Gate of Angel Seceret" from your Deck to your hand. Each turn, during your Main Phase, you can discard 2 cards in your hand to destroy 1 monster on the field.

[/quote']

This goes against my rules, so I'm going to have to reject it, sorry. ^^

RULES FOR CONTESTANTS: In order to eliminate bias' date=' my opponent must PM me their card with no traces of their identity on it. I will then post both cards, as well as a poll asking contestants to vote for either "Card A", or "Card B". Neither contestant may reveal which card is theirs before the contest ends.

[/i']

PM the Card!

I vote for B. Card A seems overpowering slightly because you can pretty much continue to destroy every card execpt the dragon. And theres no restriction. So you could destroy all cards then attack directly.

Card B is slightly overpowering as well but at least it has a requirement to it which is You having to have Elysium Field out. Yes A has a requirement but after that it's just discard destroy destroy.

Vote= Card B

Card A seems overpowering slightly because you can pretty much continue to destroy every card execpt the dragon. And theres no restriction. So you could destroy all cards then attack directly.

Um' date=' what? I don't see what you're talking about; (unless you mistook the self-destruction effect to say [i']opponent's[/i] monsters) there is a restriction. You have to have at least 3 cards in your hand, and then you have to discard them all just to destroy all face-down cards your opponent controls. More often then not you'll be losing card advantage with it then gaining. Even if you do clear your opponent's field, it's not possible to get an OTK with it.

I vote Card A. The effect is more creative, and Card B is overpowered. It's a situational Change of Heart on legs that (judging by the effect written underneath the card) becomes a +3 during the Standby Phase after using it's effect.

Yea i did misread the effect ; . ; if i could revote i would

Sorry, but once a vote has been cast with reasoning given, it cannot be changed.

I will now remind al9090 and K.B. strategist that their votes must be cast via the poll to be counted and that Luxord's and Arcane Solder's votes will not be counted until they explain their choice. ;)

EDIT: al 9090 has now voted in the poll, bringing the total score to 2-0 for Card B.

Archived