[Set 02 - W.I.P] Knights of Divination

Killey

So this set is an expansion on my Arcana Theme. You can find the first set in my signature to get a better feel for how the deck works. A lot of the cards here have synergies with the cards from the previous set so I encourage anyone to view my previous set.

[align=center]48279yum.jpg

This card is not sent to the Graveyard when used to Synchro Summon "Arcana III - The Azure Empress" and cannot be used for another Synchro Summon. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to place 1 "Ice Token" in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Trap Card for each face-down Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls. If this card is removed from the field, destroy all Ice Tokens you control. You can only control 1 face-up "Direga, Crusader of the Arcana".

Rulings: You can only activate Direga, Crusader of the Arcana's effect if you have enough vacant Spell & Trap Card Zones for the Ice Tokens.

48279.jpg

"Direga, Crusader of the Arcana" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

While you control this face-up card, "Direga, Crusader of the Arcana" you control cannot be selected as an attack target and cannot declare an attack. This card returns to its owner's Extra Deck during the End Phase, if you do not control a "Direga, Crusader of the Arcana". If this card is removed from the field, destroy a "Direga, Crusader of the Arcana" you control. You can Tribute 1 face-up Spell or Trap Card you control to negate the activation and effect(s) of an opponent's Spell Card and destroy it.

48279jki.jpg

This card is not sent to the Graveyard when used to Synchro Summon "Arcana I - The Crimson Magician" and cannot be used for another Synchro Summon. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 Spell Card from your Deck to select 1 "Arcana" Spell Card in your Graveyard and add it to your hand. The selected card cannot be set or played this turn. You can only control 1 face-up "Zalren, Crusader of the Arcana".

48279.jpg

"Zalren, Crusader of the Arcana" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

While this card is face-up, a "Zalren, Crusader of the Arcana" you control cannot be selected as an attack target and cannot declare an attack. This card returns to its owner’s Extra Deck during the End Phase, if you do not control a "Zalren, Crusader of the Arcana". If this card is removed from the field, destroy a "Zalren, Crusader of the Arcana" you control. Negate the effects of all Equip Spell Cards, Continuous Spell Cards, and Field Spell Cards your opponent controls. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 Equip Spell Card in your Graveyard to select and add 1 Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

48279a.jpg

This card is not sent to the Graveyard when used to Synchro Summon "Arcana V - The Celadon Hierophant" and cannot be used for another Synchro Summon. If you control 1 or more "Arcana" monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only control 1 face-up "Oruja, Crusader of the Arcana".

48279y.jpg

"Oruja, Crusader of the Arcana" + 1 or more non-Tuner Monster

While you control this face-up card, a "Oruja, Crusader of the Arcana" you control cannot be selected as an attack target and cannot declare an attack. This card returns to its owner's Extra Deck during the End Phase, if you do not control a "Oruja, Crusader of the Arcana". If this card is removed from the field, destroy a "Oruja, Crusader of the Arcana" you control. When your opponent activates a Spell Card during their Main Phase, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Arcana" monster from your Graveyard.

48279c.jpg

Once per turn, you can send 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to the Graveyard to reduce the ATK of 1 monster your opponent controls to 0 until the End Phase.

48279aok.jpg

Once per turn, when you Special Summon a "Arcana" monster from your hand or Deck, you can select and add 1 "Arcana" card from your Graveyard to your hand.

48279w.jpg

You can Special Summon this card from your hand by Tributing 3 face-up Spell or Trap Cards you control. If you Special Summon this card by this effect, send all Spell & Trap Cards your opponent controls to the bottom of their Deck.

48279j.jpg

When a "Arcana" monster you control inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can destroy 1 Spell or Trap you control to send 1 card your opponent controls to the bottom of their Deck.

48279n.jpg

Once per turn, when this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you can equip the destroyed monster to 1 face-up "Arcana" monster you control, except "Percival, Knight of the Arcana". The equipped monster gains ATK equal to half of the equipped cards ATK. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle, destroy the equipped card instead.

48279q.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, if you control "Percival, Knight of the Arcana", you can Special Summon 1 "Galahad, Knight of the Arcana" from your hand or Deck. When a "Arcana" monster you control attacks or is attacked, you can remove from play 1 Equip Card you control during the Damage Step to have that monster gain 1400 ATK until the End Phase.

48279dca.jpg

If you control a face-up "Arcana" monster, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. When your opponent Special Summons a monster, you can place 1 "Sword Token" in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Equip Spell Card and equip it to 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. A monster equipped with a "Sword Token" loses 600 ATK. Destroy the equipped monster if its ATK becomes 0 by this effect.

48279x.jpg

When your opponent Special Summons a monster, place 1 "Shield Token" in your Spell and Trap Card Zone as a Equip Spell Card and Equip it to 1 face-up "Arcana" monster you control. When the equipped monster is selected as an attack target, you can Tribute the "Shield Token" to negate the attack.

48279anf.jpg

When a "Arcana" monster destroys a monster, select and add 1 "Arcana" monster from your Deck to your hand whose Level is equal to or lower then the destroyed monster.

48279.jpg

Equip only to a "Knight of the Arcana" monster, send 1 "Crusader of the Arcana" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. As long as this card remains on the field, the equipped monster is treated as a Tuner monster with the same name and Level as the sent monster. The equipped monster is not sent to the Graveyard when used for the Synchro Summon of a "Arcana" Synchro Monster.

48279c.jpg

Select 1 "Crusader of the Arcana" monster you control. Return the selected monster to your Deck, then Special Summon 1 "Crusader of the Arcana" monster from your hand or Deck whose Level is equal to or lower than the returned monster's.

48279m.jpg

Activate only during your Battle Phase. Select 1 monster you control that is equipped with a Equip Card. When the selected monster destroys a monster by battle, destroy 1 Equip Card on the selected monster. The selected monster can attack once more this Battle Phase.

48279p.jpg

Select 1 Equip Spell Card from your Graveyard or that is removed from play and equip it to 1 face-up monster you control.

48279y.jpg

Activate only if you control a face-up "Crusader of the Arcana" or "Knight of the Arcana" monster. Remove from play 1 "Arcana" card in your Graveyard to negate the activation of an Effect Monster's effect, and destroy it.

48279.jpg

Activate only when a "Arcana" monster you control is selected as an attack target. Remove from play 1 Equip Card you control to destroy the attacking monster. Add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand.

48279r.jpg

Activate only when you control a face-up "Percival, Knight of the Arcana", "Bors, Knight of the Arcana", and "Galahad, Knight of the Arcana". Destroy all monsters your opponent controls. This card can be activated from your hand. If you do, destroy all Spell & Trap Cards your opponent controls.

[/align]

Yes, I am aware that the picture for The Holy Grail is the same as Cup of Ace from the TCG but I used it as I cannot find a more suitable image. If I see anyone bring this up in their post without any thought behind it I will neg rep them as it shows you don't read through a person's thread and are mindless rating cards rather than looking through them.

Thanks for the rating.

I've posted a good portion of Set 2 and I am 2 cards away from completing it and moving onto Set 3 of the Arcanas.

I really like what I've got going for Galahad as it forces your opponent to think about his moves. This will stop Synchro field swarming cold as 1 Sword Token will take out Plaguespreader Zombie, 2 takes out Krebons, and 3 will take out Airbellum. Stardust Dragon can bypass the destruction and then come back with full ATK. Powerful enough to stop big moves but not too overpowered that it stops your opponents strategies altogether.

holy grail is cup of ace in tcg

-_-

Did you not read the very end of the post. Must I quote myself.

Yes' date=' I am aware that the picture for The Holy Grail is the same as Cup of Ace from the TCG but I used it as I cannot find a more suitable image. If I see anyone bring this up in their post without any thought behind it I will neg rep them as it shows you don't read through a person's thread and are mindless rating cards rather than looking through them.[/quote']

1) You did not read through the entire post

2) You didn't bother reading through the cards posted

3) Rather than contributing to the thread with an actual post you felt it was necessary to point out something that was already mentioned.

Bump

Please ignore the effect of The Holy Grail at the moment as with the way it is worded it makes it sound like you can clear your opponent's entire field, which is not what the card is meant to do. I'll probably give it a new effect altogether later on.

Tested out this theme in YVD against a Hopeless Dragon and the new DAD-variant and the deck is pretty hit and miss at times. The dependance on Equips is good&bad and without Arms Hole can be inconsistent at times. Even with Arms Hole the deck build becomes extremely tight and the main stayers of the deck become Percival, Bors, Galahad, and Lancelot. The 4 of them completley control a match with Galahad shutting down Synchro Swarms, Bors controlling the Battle Phase, Percival supplying Bors, and Lancelot being an easy answer to anything. I might have to rework the balancing on those 4 as the control may be too much but I think it's only fair considering how fast the game swarms for OTKs. I'll need to test against GB, LS, Twilight, and AKB decks for consistency.

Yeah, I can understand the reasoning behind that as if I recall that scene it was a test to seperate the truly noble from the corrupted/greedy. Still pretty hard to find a hand drawn version of the holy grail that is not too realistic so this looked the best.

Tested the deck against BF's and got slaughtered against their swarm. Damn, Armored Wing puts a stop to the deck unless I can get The Silver Justice out. The main stayers of the deck doesn't provide for good swarming so I'll have to rework the deck balancing and include some general monster removal cards.

Archived