a synchro support trap card

dimitri

[align=center]hope its good

33884l.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Select 1 synchro monster from your extra deck and remove it from play. When you control monsters that are listed on the removed Synchro Monster Card, you can send those monsters to the graveyard and Special Summon that Synchro monster. (This Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon.) Spells, Traps, and Effect Monsters' effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation and the summoned monster gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase. When you summon a monster by this card effect, destroy this card.

image credit:

Red Dragon Flare[/align]

Humm...... Now this...this is interesting. I not only like the effect somewhat, but the artwork simply looks awesome. Full of darkness and, of course, Red Dragon Archfiend.

The awesomeness the card does emanate does not exclude this card from having errors. The main problems I can point out are grammatical errors and capitalization. What's more is that perhaps the card can be a little powerful...perhaps a limit is in order... With that said, I return from the dead to give you my suggestions and ratings:

Grammar: (2.5/5) "removed" in the second sentence should be "removed from play". "you can send those monsters to the graveyard and" should be "you can send those monsters to the graveyard to". "Spells, Traps, and Effect Monsters' effects" --> "The effects of Spells, Traps, and Effect Monsters". Finally, "When you summon a monster by this card effect" should be "When you summon a monster with this card's effect". Otherwise, there is almost nothing wrong, which brings me to the next column...

Capitalization: (2.75/5) You kind of got this concept half and half (some people I review don't get most of the capitalization right or not at all even). Still... "Extra Deck", "Graveyard", "Synchro Monster", "Summon", and "Summoned" should be capitalized.

Effect: (3.75/5) I do like the effect. I see it as a bypass against cards that counters effects or nulls the Extra Deck. However...there can be a time or times that cards like that pull too much an advantage towards an opponent. Perhaps the limiter should be like that of "Future Fusion", where "Selecting Synchro" needs to be on the field for that monster to continue living. If that monster is not living, then "Selecting Synchro" takes a hike.

Artwork: (5/5) The artwork is simply awesome sauce... I mean seriously, it is actually artwork that PERTAINS to the card game at hand here! Not only that, but it is drawn well and (although it has no effect on the score whatsoever) it does have one of my favorite Synchro Monsters (tied with Stardust Dragon). I commend the artist and commend you for picking that artwork. I'm just glad somebody actually chose a Yu-Gi-Oh! related pic to go along with the card.

Total: (14/20) I do like what you have done with the card, I really do. The execution might not have been perfect, but good nonetheless. What really won me over with it is (as constantly said...) the artwork. I appreciate the effort you put into working with this card and finding the artwork to compliment it. Also, here is what the effect will be once all of this comes together:

"Select 1 Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck and remove it from play. When you control monsters that are listed on the removed Synchro Monster Card, you can send those monsters to the Graveyard to Special Summon that Synchro Monster. (This Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon.) The effects of Spells, Traps, and Effect Monsters cannot be activated in response to this card's activation and the Summoned monster gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase. When this card is removed from the field, destroy the monster. When the monster is destroyed, destroy this card."

Now, to duck away in the shadows again...or maybe come back time and time again.

Awesome card, great pic, either change it to "When this card is removed from the field, destroy the monster. When the monster is destroyed, destroy this card." or note when the summoned monster is destroy like, "a monster summoned by this ability is destroyed during the end phase of your turn"

Archived