Overpowered? I bet it is...

Gogeta™

[align=center]Okay so this card is overpowered. 3000 Life Points and you get three cards to select which card you get during the Draw Phase. Now if you had three of these bad boys then you could pull Exodia. So lets assume there can only be 1 copy of this card in a Deck. Still good to run in an Exodia Deck, but how would you abuse this card?

Image Credit: Father Wolf[/align]

82669r.jpg

This card is more okay than i would have thought for one reason: you have to wait until your next turn to get the effect. Sure, you can pick any card you want, but at the cost of 3000 life points.

However, this effect continues working for the next three turns, which turns it back on the overpowered side again. activate this first turn and, in addition to the normal draw, you can choose another card to add to your hand to counter whatever your opponent just did.

even so, i still love it. ;)

8.7/10

This card is more okay than i would have thought for one reason: you have to wait until your next turn to get the effect. Sure' date=' you can pick any card you want, but at the cost of 3000 life points.

However, this effect continues working for the next three turns, which turns it back on the overpowered side again. activate this first turn and, in addition to the normal draw, you can choose another card to add to your hand to counter whatever your opponent just did.

8.7/10

[/quote']

Thank you very much, Kale. If I changed the effect so that the card you select is counted as the one that you drew, would that make the card more balanced out?

This card is more okay than i would have thought for one reason: you have to wait until your next turn to get the effect. Sure' date=' you can pick any card you want, but at the cost of 3000 life points.

8.7/10

[/quote']

Thank you very much, Kale. If I changed the effect so that the card you select is counted as the one that you drew, would that make the card more balanced out?

not sure it would. you would still be able to pick what you draw for the next three turns..

i say it is fine where it is right now. no need to change it.. if you tried to make it balanced now it would take away the integrity of what it was supposed to be. ;)

i think it would be OP if you were playing with an Exodia deck. Pay 3000 life points and in three turns you get 3 exodia peices. With two of thos eyou get exodia in 5 turns.

But my card is limited to 1 copy. You'd still need to have the other 2 pieces in your hand to get all five pieces.

i think it would be OP if you were playing with an Exodia deck. Pay 3000 life points and in three turns you get 3 exodia peices. With two of thos eyou get exodia in 5 turns.

But my card is limited to 1 copy. You'd still need to have the other 2 pieces in your hand to get all five pieces.

Regardless, this would be banned quite easily. Life Points don't really matter to many people, since there are lots of cards to help counter, or gain from the loss of Life Points these days.

As much as I'd like to say that this card would be fine being Limited, I can't, because truthfully, it would be banned before it even gets released. This is from an actual judge's perspective. It's just way too universal, and basic.

Though, if you reduce the turn count to one, or maybe two at the most, it would be accepted as Limited.

Archived