Alternative Victory Condition - Glory Counters

Exa Raiun

The following ideas are made to implement a different way to win - Glory Counters. They are not placed on any card, they are linked to the player. If you have enough Glory Counters (or if you managed to reduce the amount of Glory Counters of your opponent enough), you win the Duel.

Battle For Glory

Continous Spell Card

Each time you destroy a Level 6 or higher monster by battle, increase the number of Glory Counters you have by 1. If you have 12 Glory Counters, you win the Duel.

Raise of an Empire

Continuous Spell Card

Each time you perform a Synchro or Fusion Summon, increase the number of Glory Counters you have by 1. Each time you perform a Ritual Summon, increase the number of Glory Counters you have by 2. If you have 12 Glory Counters, you win the Duel.

Humilation

Continuous Spell Card

Once per turn, you can discard a Level 6 or higher monster from your hand to decrease the number of Glory Counters your opponent has by 1. If your opponent has -6 Glory counters, you win the Duel.

Warrior of Disgrace

5* / DARK / Warrior-Effect

ATK: 2300 || DEF: 1700

Any Battle Damage inflicted to your opponent by battle with this card is reduced to 0. If this card would attack your opponent directly, decrease the number of Glory Counters your opponent has by 1. If your opponent has -6 Glory Counters, you win the Duel.

Battlemaster of War

7* / LIGHT / Warrior-Effect

ATK: 2700 || DEF: 2400

When this monster is Tribute Summoned, increase the number of Glory Counters you have by 4. Once per turn, when you would gain 1 Glory Counter, you can gain 2 Glory Counters instead. If this effect is used, this monster cannot attack during that turn. If you have 12 Glory Counters, you win the Duel.

Pain of War

Normal Trap Card

If your opponent has between 5 and 8 monsters in his/her Graveyard, decrease the number of Glory Counters your opponent has by 1. If your opponent has between 9 and 12 monsters in his/her Graveyard, decrease the number of Glory Counters your opponent has by 2. If your opponent has more than 12 monsters in his/her Graveyard, decrease the number of Glory Counters your opponent has by 3. If your opponent has -6 Glory Counters, you win the Duel.

This one is meant to be a Limited card.

Hmmm, an interesting concept to say something. I'm personally not a fan of alternate victory conditions but I'll try to leave my bias out of it.

Counters to players is new, so I can't comment on the OCG although I think the normal wording for counters is that they are 'placed' on something, a player, probably not.

Balance;

Trying to win by counters seems fairly difficult, 12 Synchro Summons / Tough monster kills? Maybe even UP'd! But I see that not being a problem if the set gets bigger.

Trying to win by negative counters, 6 turns of discarding your Draw / Direct attacks with a specific monster? Same as above here. I'd give the monster 2500 ATK though, it has no protection so I'd say balanced.

Well, the various methods can be combined, so if you gain counters combined from the cards, it can work too. And I was like a Level 5 monster shouldn't have much too high ATK, that's why the 2300. Added 2 cards, one for the positive counters, one for the negative ones.

Archived