Aspirations and Dreams: Chapter 1

Slayer1

Hey everybody

i wrote this a while ago, and at the egging of my brother, I've finally gotten around to finishing the first chapter. I hope you enjoy my first attempt at fiction in a long time.

[spoiler=Prologue]

Prologue

In the time before the Scouring, the nation of the Plains was the greatest civilization known in the world. Under the watchful eyes of great chiefs, the nomadic tribes of the Plains flourished, roaming the great expanse of the majestic plains.

The only static cities were around the Great Temples, mysterious hulking structures that had been standing since the beginning of time. They stretched into the sky, ending with a giant top of waving green.

The other civilized nations only had one Temple, while the nation of the plains flourished under the added benefits of five. At the time of the Scouring, one individual was born with the weight of the world on his shoulders . . .

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

Chapter One

“Chief Ranuh. You are requested in the infirmary.”

“Bah! Get the doctors. I give them permission to do whatever they deem necessary,” replied the chief with a touch of impatience. Having delivered his response, he looked back down at a document on his elaborate granite desk.

“Sir. It’s about your son.”

The chief stood up, towering over the messenger. Robed in his fine red robes rimed with fur, he was dressed to intimidate.

“Tell the other chiefs I will be delayed in my arrival. I have urgent business to attend to.”

“Yes sir.”

Chief Ranuh brushed the messenger aside as he strode purposefully out of his room. As he strode outside, he squinted in the light of the blazing sun, and was relived when he was plunged into the shadow of the Great Temple of the Sun. As he approached the entrance to the temple, the commoners looked at him in awe, surprised to see the chief in public so close to the Tribal Council. As he hurried through the village streets, the masses parted and bowed their heads in respect to the Sun Chief.

He passed under the great arch that was carved into the temple above the opening at the ground level. Unlike all other materials that the plainsmen used, the Great Temple seemed to be made of a material that was alive.

He passed through the main room of the temple and walked into the infirmary. What he saw upon his arrival was a horrid scene. His son was lying on a table, surrounded by white robed nurses. His left shoulder was completely mauled. Even as the chief approached, the doctors were struggling to put the arm bone back into place.

“What happened?” exclaimed the chief.

One of the doctors turned and replied, “ We are unsure of who caused this wound. We know it was made by a sword, and we found him lying outside the perimeter of the city.”

“Guards! Send out search parties. Capture all suspicious persons within a one mile perimeter.”

The guard standing outside the door signaled to a fellow guard in the main room of the temple. Within minuets, armed guards on horseback galloped out of the city.

“Will he live?” the chief asked tentatively.

“We will fix him up the best we can, but his life is in the Sun Gods hands now.”

In unison, all the doctors and the chief dropped to their knees. With bowed heads, they began to chant the prayer to the Sun God, hoping that the divine entity would bless this young man who’s life was being cut short.

Grueling minuets passed with no sign of any miracles happening.

The chief prayed to the Sun God, “Oh Great God, I have come to you in my time of need.” He paused, as if to think up new words to say. “My son is dying, and my humble supplication is but one wish; Let him live. I would give anything to keep him in this mortal world. Let him live.”

Alright, bro. (Slayer1 is my brother) Let's see what you've got.

Too bad for you, I'm not letting up just 'cause your my bro. You're gonna get it, and get it hard.

I'm gonna review this. . . . Weather Report Style!!

Hey everybody

i wrote this a while ago Excuses' date=' excuses.[/color'], and at the egging of my brotherYay me., I've finally gotten around to finishing the first chapter. It better be good. I hope you enjoy my first attempt at fiction in a long time. Oh, I will.

[spoiler=Prologue]

Prologue

In the time before the Scouring, What's the Scouring? So you're gonna talk about a time before a random event? Fun. the nation of the Plains was the greatest civilization known in the world. Why? 'Cause they felt like it? Under the watchful eyes of great chiefs, the nomadic tribes of the Plains flourished, roaming the great expanse of the majestic plains.

The only static cities were around the Great Temples, mysterious hulking structures that had been standing since the beginning of time. Beginning of time? What? It was created from nothing? How is that possible?! They stretched into the sky, ending with a giant top of waving green. The sky is green? Wut?

The other civilized nations only had one Temple, Sucks for them while the nation of the plains flourished under the added benefits of five. I can see the nation of the Great Plains are self-centered idiots who think only they should be happy, and everyone else can go die in a hole. How mean. I mean, why couldn't they share? Then everyone can be happy! But these Greats Plainsmen have too large egos and too small brains to consider that, let alone think about it. At the time of the Scouring, What is the Scouring??? one individual was born with the weight of the world on his shoulders . . .

How come essentially every story, one guy saves the world. It's so predictable.

Welp, time for Chapter One, I guess.

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

Chapter One

“Chief Ranuh. You are requested in the infirmary.”

“Bah! Get the doctors. I give them permission to do whatever they deem necessary,” replied the chief with a touch of impatience. Well he's a self-centered idiot. Having delivered his response, he looked back down at a document on his elaborate granite desk. Wait, what does the Chief Ranuh look like? Oh! Of course! He is a banana! You never described his looks, so he is a banana.

“Sir. It’s about your son.”

The chief stood up, towering over the messenger. That's one tall banana. Robed in his fine red robes rimed with fur, he was dressed to intimidate. What an intimidating banana.

“Tell the other chiefs I will be delayed in my arrival. I have urgent business to attend to.” Again, self-centered idiocy. His son is somewhere dying and he's gonna go do something else to pass some time.

“Yes sir.” His servants are pretty obedient, for their chief being a banana.

Chief Ranuh brushed the messenger aside as he strode purposefully out of his room. As he strode outside, he squinted in the light of the blazing sun, and was relived when he was plunged into the shadow of the Great Temple of the Sun. As he approached the entrance to the temple, the commoners looked at him in awe, surprised to see the chief in public so close to the Tribal Council. I'm pretty sure it wasn't because he was in public, it was because he is a banana. As he hurried through the village streets, the masses parted and bowed their heads in respect to the Banana Sun Chief.

He passed under the great arch Hey! An arch is curved, as is a banana. Was it built in his bananalicious honor? that was carved into the temple above the opening at the ground level. Unlike all other materials that the plainsmen used, the Great Temple seemed to be made of a material that was alive. Okay? So some rock is alive? WUT?

He passed through the main room of the temple and walked into the infirmary. What he saw upon his arrival was a horrid scene. His son, also a banana, was lying on a table, surrounded by white robed nurses. His left shoulder was completely mauled. I'll bet that some hobo from the other nations got hungry and chewed on him. Wait. . . . If the Plains nation was more giving and kind, there would be no hobos. BUT NO! The Plains nation are too self-centered!! Even as the chief approached, the doctors were struggling to put the arm bone back into place.

“What happened?” exclaimed the chief. That's a really dumb banana.

One of the doctors turned and replied, “ We are unsure of who caused this wound. We know it was made by a sword, and we found him lying outside the perimeter of the city.”

“Guards! Send out search parties. Capture all suspicious persons within a one mile perimeter.”

The guard standing outside the door signaled to a fellow guard in the main room of the temple. Within minuets, armed guards on horseback galloped out of the city.

“Will he live?” the chief asked tentatively. Of course he will. He's gonna be the main character.

“We will fix him up the best we can, but his life is in the Sun Gods hands now.”

In unison, all the doctors and the chief dropped to their knees. No way. They are praying to a banana. With bowed heads, they began to chant the prayer to the Sun God, hoping that the divine entity would bless this young man who’s life was being cut short.

Grueling minuets passed with no sign of any miracles happening. Sucks to be a banana.

The chief prayed to the Sun God, “Oh Great God, I have come to you in my time of need.” He paused, as if to think up new words to say. “My son is dying, and my humble supplication is but one wish; Let him live. I would give anything to keep him in this mortal world. Let him live.”

C'mon, after that, he has to live. Predictable.

Alright, this fan fic was meh. More detail, less large egos.

Have a nice day.

Crystal Beast 123

Archived