Extra Deck: 4

X1 Dark End Dragon

X1 Dark Strike Fighter

X1 Red Dragon Archfiend

X1 Stardust Dragon

Well this is my first post so I hope you guys like it

You seriously need to read this.

[spoiler=guide of my own]

I usually make decks like this. (in this guide, the word “counter” appears a lot, but it doesn’t mean like the “venom token”, it means the cards that can block other decks.) (I will use the Dark Counterparts deck as an example.)

1. Get an awesome card. (like Dark Armed Dragon)

2. Get free time. (well, you need this duh)

3. Open up your card collection to see cards that are good with the awesome card. (such as in my case, more Dark counterparts.)

4. Add the "staples" to the deck. (nessaccary)

[spoiler=staples]

Mirror Force

Negatatation cards (such as the "jammer"s)

Search (like Sangan)

Destruction (like Smashing Ground and Lightning Vortex)

Spell/Trap Removal (like heavy storm)

Scapegoat and Attack negaters (negate attack, sakuretsuarmor, etc.)

Much much more!

5. Think up what this deck is weak against. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT!! (for instance, Dark Counterparts are weak against Removal decks.) Then add the cards that can "counter" that deck. (for example, I can add more Spell/Trap Removal cards to destroy the key cards of the Removal Deck such as Macro Cosmos.) This makes your deck almost unbeatable against what SHOULD kill it.

6. Get monsters in of the same concept or archetype so that they are about balanced. (in my case, Dark Counterparts.)

7. Get spells and traps in to cover more bad parts and stretch the good. (makes it better balanced)

8. MOST IMPORTANT!! TEST DUEL!!

The test decks I use are the following:

[spoiler=My test decks]

Burn (direct damage)

Lock (using cards that restrict opponent's moves)

High ATK (many monsters with high ATK)

These decks are the ones that seem to be often used in tournaments, so check out what your deck is weak against using the test duel. You can always call your freinds to do this. Try to duel with each of the test decks 3 to 5 times. When you duel against them and you realize that there is a deck type you are still weak against, try getting more "counter"s in, and take out the bad cards that didn't help you. They try again with that deck, and do this until you win. Yes, it takes time. But nonthless, it makes your deck even more invincible against all sorts!!

9. Really dueling. The more decks your freinds have, the better because you can see what decks most people use besides the main 3 concepts. Make a list of the decks you dueled with, and write wherether you won or lost. After that, when the freinds leave, you can get more cards to counter it. In the next play date, duel them again to see if you win. Once you can counter any deck, your deck is TRUELY UNBEATABLE!!!

P.S. Deck building is similar to writing stories. You make up the plot, add details, and revise again and again. A good deck should have an Ace, Supports, Staples, and Counters of the weakness. Remember, any deck has a weakness, no matter how good it looks. Just shoveling in rare cards you glimpse in your folder doesn't make it good. I always revise my deck a lot if I have time. As months pass, more cards and deck concepts arise, and the old decks vanish. So you'll have to change your deck a few times a month if a new booster or structure deck comes out. Good luck!

I have got to say that Fiend decks simply NEED the following.

・Dark Necrofear

・Evil Hero Hell Gainer

And also, that deck is what experts call "a bunch of a type of card stacked together randomly" coming from that awful lot of normals. And Raviel, through it LOOKS strong, it's near impossible to summon.

You seriously need to read this.

[spoiler=guide of my own]

I usually make decks like this. (in this guide' date=' the word “counter” appears a lot, but it doesn’t mean like the “venom token”, it means the cards that can block other decks.) (I will use the Dark Counterparts deck as an example.)

1. Get an awesome card. (like Dark Armed Dragon)

2. Get free time. (well, you need this duh)

3. Open up your card collection to see cards that are good with the awesome card. (such as in my case, more Dark counterparts.)

4. Add the "staples" to the deck. (nessaccary)

[spoiler=staples']

Mirror Force

Negatatation cards (such as the "jammer"s)

Search (like Sangan)

Destruction (like Smashing Ground and Lightning Vortex)

Spell/Trap Removal (like heavy storm)

Scapegoat and Attack negaters (negate attack, sakuretsuarmor, etc.)

Much much more!

5. Think up what this deck is weak against. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT!! (for instance, Dark Counterparts are weak against Removal decks.) Then add the cards that can "counter" that deck. (for example, I can add more Spell/Trap Removal cards to destroy the key cards of the Removal Deck such as Macro Cosmos.) This makes your deck almost unbeatable against what SHOULD kill it.

6. Get monsters in of the same concept or archetype so that they are about balanced. (in my case, Dark Counterparts.)

7. Get spells and traps in to cover more bad parts and stretch the good. (makes it better balanced)

8. MOST IMPORTANT!! TEST DUEL!!

The test decks I use are the following:

[spoiler=My test decks]

Burn (direct damage)

Lock (using cards that restrict opponent's moves)

High ATK (many monsters with high ATK)

These decks are the ones that seem to be often used in tournaments, so check out what your deck is weak against using the test duel. You can always call your freinds to do this. Try to duel with each of the test decks 3 to 5 times. When you duel against them and you realize that there is a deck type you are still weak against, try getting more "counter"s in, and take out the bad cards that didn't help you. They try again with that deck, and do this until you win. Yes, it takes time. But nonthless, it makes your deck even more invincible against all sorts!!

9. Really dueling. The more decks your freinds have, the better because you can see what decks most people use besides the main 3 concepts. Make a list of the decks you dueled with, and write wherether you won or lost. After that, when the freinds leave, you can get more cards to counter it. In the next play date, duel them again to see if you win. Once you can counter any deck, your deck is TRUELY UNBEATABLE!!!

P.S. Deck building is similar to writing stories. You make up the plot, add details, and revise again and again. A good deck should have an Ace, Supports, Staples, and Counters of the weakness. Remember, any deck has a weakness, no matter how good it looks. Just shoveling in rare cards you glimpse in your folder doesn't make it good. I always revise my deck a lot if I have time. As months pass, more cards and deck concepts arise, and the old decks vanish. So you'll have to change your deck a few times a month if a new booster or structure deck comes out. Good luck!

I have got to say that Fiend decks simply NEED the following.

・Dark Necrofear

・Evil Hero Hell Gainer

And also, that deck is what experts call "a bunch of a type of card stacked together randomly" coming from that awful lot of normals. And Raviel, through it LOOKS strong, it's near impossible to summon.

Thanks for the help oh and about Raviel the idea of the deck is to be resistent until raviel apears(If it's worth summoning it on that time of the duel) or win before but anyway thanks there were many things that I didn't know of deck making and you helped me a lot!

Archived