He had a lot to say.

He had a lot of nothing to say.

We'll miss him.

I'll miss him.

We are gonna miss him

We are gonna miss him

So long.

We wish you well.

You told us how you weren't afraid to die.

Well then, so long.

Don't cry.

Or feel too down.

Not all martyrs see divinity.

But at least you tried.

Standing above the crowd,

He had a voice that was strong and loud.

We'll miss him.

We'll miss him.

Ranting and pointing his finger

At everything but his heart.

We'll miss him.

We'll miss him.

We are gonna miss him.

We are gonna miss him.

No way to recall

What it was that you had said to me,

Like I care at all.

But you were so loud.

You sure could yell.

You took a stand on every little thing

And so loud.

You could be the one who saves me from my own existence.

"I'm too smart when you're invisible by the bone and the symbol on you. So he bashes his skull through the window while over looking the sea. Twilight amber ego. We were amused by this"

Standing above the crowd,

He had a voice that was strong and loud and I

Swallowed his facade 'cause I'm so

Eager to identify with

Someone above the ground,

Someone who seemed to feel the same,

Someone prepared to lead the way, and

Someone who would die for me.

Will you?

Will you now?

Would you die for me?

Don't you fuckin' lie.

Don't you step out of line.

Don't you fuckin' lie.

You've claimed all this time that you would die for me.

Why then are you so surprised when you hear your own

eulogy?

He had alot to say.

He had alot of nothing to say.

He had alot to say.

He had alot of nothing to say.

Come down.

Get off your fuckin' cross.

We need the fuckin' space to nail the next fool martyr.

To ascend you must die.

You must be crucified

For our sins and our lies.

Goodbye

My grampa just died, and listening to this song seemed fitting.

But this thread is not for pity or attention, this is about the song.

Discuss.

Good song but still prefer Prison Sex to be tool's most powerful lyrical song. The underlying meaning for the song is really good as this guy puts it-

It is generally regarded that the song is about child abuse' date=' specifically of a sexual nature, but the song's theme of the cycle of violence can be applied to almost any type of abuse. The abused grows up to become the abuser. The 'prison' in question is clearly metaphorical, as implied in the video when we see the small mannequin's legs hung on the wall, indicating that he is a child and unable to run away.

Considering the artist's well known disdain for religion, and the references in the song such as "I am your witness," "my lamb and martyr," and "only this one holy medium brings me peace of mind," I began to reconsider the song from a religious perspective. From this viewpoint, the lyric "I'm treading water" can be seen as a resistance to baptism and acceptance of religion in general.

The "sodomy" in question is also a metaphor, and refers to how people use their position of authority over young impressionable children to force their religious beliefs on them while they are still too immature to consider all factors and make up their mind for themselves. They, in turn, do the same to their own children - "do unto others, what has been done to me," a reference to Luke 6:31.

The real clincher for me is the verse "I've got my hands bound, my head down, my eyes closed." Try assuming the position; get down on your knees, hold your hands in front of you as if they're bound together, bow your head and close your eyes. Does this seem familiar? The next line, "and my throat wide open" is about the willingness of children to accept as 'gospel' whatever their parents teach them.

[/quote']

Also Horus your wrong about who this song is aimed at. Maynard purposefully left the person up to interpretation because he knows how much people analyse his lyrics. The song is an attack on 'self rightnous' in general. It can be appiled to any person and this done to allow as many people as possible relate to it.

Also the guy on youtube obviously doesnt have a clue about tool as he has the 10,000 days art when the song came from Aenima

Good song but still prefer Prison Sex to be tool's most powerful lyrical song. The underlying meaning for the song is really good as this guy puts it-

It is generally regarded that the song is about child abuse' date=' specifically of a sexual nature, but the song's theme of the cycle of violence can be applied to almost any type of abuse. The abused grows up to become the abuser. The 'prison' in question is clearly metaphorical, as implied in the video when we see the small mannequin's legs hung on the wall, indicating that he is a child and unable to run away.

Considering the artist's well known disdain for religion, and the references in the song such as "I am your witness," "my lamb and martyr," and "only this one holy medium brings me peace of mind," I began to reconsider the song from a religious perspective. From this viewpoint, the lyric "I'm treading water" can be seen as a resistance to baptism and acceptance of religion in general.

The "sodomy" in question is also a metaphor, and refers to how people use their position of authority over young impressionable children to force their religious beliefs on them while they are still too immature to consider all factors and make up their mind for themselves. They, in turn, do the same to their own children - "do unto others, what has been done to me," a reference to Luke 6:31.

The real clincher for me is the verse "I've got my hands bound, my head down, my eyes closed." Try assuming the position; get down on your knees, hold your hands in front of you as if they're bound together, bow your head and close your eyes. Does this seem familiar? The next line, "and my throat wide open" is about the willingness of children to accept as 'gospel' whatever their parents teach them.

[/quote']

Also Horus your wrong about who this song is aimed at. Maynard purposefully left the person up to interpretation because he knows how much people analyse his lyrics. The song is an attack on 'self rightnous' in general. It can be appiled to any person and this done to allow as many people as possible relate to it.

Also the guy on youtube obviously doesnt have a clue about tool as he has the 10,000 days art when the song came from Aenima

Oh. I read somewhere that it was about Hubbard. Oh well.

I thought at first it was about Hitler.

' pid='2504330' dateline='1246901840']

[/quote']

Oh. I read somewhere that it was about Hubbard. Oh well.

I thought at first it was about Hitler.

The song is what you want it to be, so for you it can be about Hitler. It was rumor to be about Hubbard because the band have had a long standing conflict with him and the drummer mention him in an interview when asked about this song.

Archived