When your...

J.T.B.

Question

When your making a sprite, and you can only have like 100 x 100 size. You want the sprite to dash to the right and you want the screen to follow him. Or when he jumps, how do you get the screen to follow him up. Please help, thanks in advance. :D

3 answers to this question

There are two ways I can think of to do this:

1. Have the sprite start center' date=' and in the next frame, be to the right. The frame after that, have it back in the center.

However, that would probably end up looking really jerky (I'm actually telling you both of these as hypotheticals, I don't really animate .gifs)

2. Keep the sprite in the center, and have the things in the background move in the opposite direction of the direction you want your sprite to go (so in your case, have stuff in the background go left)

#2 is probably the better option.

*This also applies for jumping.

[/quote']

THANK YOU! :D I knew of the second way. So, I go center, right, then center again. Cool! Thanks again.

Go with #1 in OMGAKITTYs. It's the better one for me. Also' date=' ever consider GOOGLING rather than asking on YCM.

[/quote']

Ok I will. I thought about GOOGLING it. But, I didn't know what to put in the search thing. So yeah. That's why I post here. Cause I never know what to write in the google seach thing. Well, thanks anyway! :D

There are two ways I can think of to do this:

1. Have the sprite start center, and in the next frame, be to the right. The frame after that, have it back in the center.

However, that would probably end up looking really jerky (I'm actually telling you both of these as hypotheticals, I don't really animate .gifs)

2. Keep the sprite in the center, and have the things in the background move in the opposite direction of the direction you want your sprite to go (so in your case, have stuff in the background go left)

#2 is probably the better option.

*This also applies for jumping.

Archived