Divorce

Static

Every study that has ever been performed on the mental effects of divorce for the children of the couple splitting has stated that children do better in a two parent household. Whether or not the two parents love each other, if purely considering the well-being of the child, who during their most formative years is forced to consider why their parents do love each other anymore, one must realize that staying together is entirely the best decision for the child.

• 4 weeks later...

Wll in my oppinion divorse is wrong, especialy if you got a kid. Though the person you wish o divorse has many pronlams most people just sit their and complain instead of trying to change anything. It can emotionaly scar a child and even though some people dont show it, it scars them too. It can lead to depretion as well.

Wll in my oppinion divorse is wrong' date=' especialy if you got a kid. Though the person you wish o divorse has many pronlams most people just sit their and complain instead of trying to change anything. It can emotionaly scar a child and even though some people dont show it, it scars them too. It can lead to depretion as well.

[/quote']

Indeed. Someone who leaves his or her spouse is wrong for doing so, because it is wrong to sit there and complain instead of trying to change anything. ...wait a minute. Divorce is trying to change things; not divorcing is inaction. So, how on earth does it make sense to say that divorce is bad because inaction is bad?

Of course, the other interpretation of what you're saying is that the world is really a nice happy place if people look at it properly and all problems between problems can be solved with The Power of Love! and that people who haven't solved all their problems with The Power of Love! are immoral monsters who are too lazy to use The Power of Love! to magically cure everything.

I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not sure which of these interpretations of your stance makes you look stupider. They're both pretty terrible; one indicates a complete failure to understand anything about how logic works, and the other indicates a complete failure to understand anything about how the world works. The former indicates that you don't know how to think; the latter indicates that you don't know anything to think about.

Archived