[Chaotix] Yu-Gi-Oh! Genesis

Chaotix®

[align=center]Welcome to Genesis, my newest fan fiction! I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it ;D

Untitled-1.png

Violence is present, so if you mind, it's best that you don't read on =p[/align]

[spoiler=[b]Prologue: Infinity on High[/b]]

Prologue: Infinity on High

A series of systematically lined street lights emitted their radiance upon a lone vehicle, as it rapidly made its way across the meandering structure of the Kanon Highway. It took several winded, difficult turns on the course of its route, but it did not falter; it maintained a consistent, unwavering velocity.

“Warning... Speed limit detected for Kanon Highway, Sector 9, Eastbound, has been exceeded... Altering vehicle speed to comply with speed limit...” declared the GPS system installed aboard the speeding D-Wheel motorcycle, in a generic female tone.

A somewhat refractory grin formed upon the rider’s face. He reflexively extended his arm in the direction of a diminutive red switch by the side of his motorcycle, as though he was accustomed to hearing this particular message.

“Keh... Speed limit? You gotta be kidding me...” he exclaimed gleefully, as he dug his finger into the switch, triggering the D-Wheel’s screen to produce a second message counteracting the first.

“Overriding speed limit... Modification implemented. Thirty-seven minutes until destination is met.”

Thirty-seven minutes. It was but a mere thirty-seven minutes until he would at last realise his dreams. Of them there were four; four regulators of ‘peace’. Each situated at the four outermost poles of the city; north, south, east and west. Although the eye would meet them as an ordinary spectacle, they differed greatly from the prospect. They were concealed; safeguarded from the likes of prying hands. But his were no ordinary prying hands; he had planned the events that were to occur this fateful night for several years.

The screen of the D-Wheel flickered, revealing the apprehensive visage of a young woman.

“Rachel? This better be importa...”

“Are you... really sure about this?” The young woman’s voice trembled as she spoke.

The driver’s expression twisted into a peculiar hybrid of astonishment and to a greater extent, repulsion.

“Rachel, you... We’ve awaited this day for three years! Three whole years!”

The woman shuffled fretfully, the same expression of fear clouding her face.

“Listen. Just put your faith in me this once, okay? You know I can’t afford to fail. Not tonight.”

“You don’t understand! It’s too da...”

The message was discontinued, as the rider plunged his fist into the ‘abort message’ key. In his mind, discouragement was the last thing he required; at this time in particular. Why was it that she did not understand? Why was it that she continued to question a plan of such excellent formulation? There was absolutely no way his mission would end in failure; he would not allow it.

“Keh... you are the one... who fails to understand.” The rider mumbled to himself, his own voice now influenced with a tinge of foreboding. “Just believe in me...”

The D-Wheel continued along its path, the darkness of its colour scheme aiding it to take sanctuary among the shadows of the dark night. As the initial discontent of the transmission from Rachel came to pass, the rider returned to his original thoughts.

Zacharias Raiza had truly delivered his political promises. Crime rate, unemployment, destitution, drug abuse and several other flaws in society and economy all suffered similar plunges in frequency, resulting in reduction rates of over 98% of their former figures. Director Alphonse had truly accomplished the very task that was deemed impossible by the rest of the globe; he had rendered Clockwork the greatest and most perfect city the world had ever come to witness. But how was it that Raiza was prepared to pay such a grievous price? How could things have gone so wrong?

The screen of the D-Wheel began to flicker once again.

“Hmmm?” The rider’s response was delayed and somewhat weary, suggesting that his mind was locked in deep thought. However, this was no ordinary alert. Instantaneously at the sight of it, the rider’s eyes widened. The Clockwork Security Bureau insignia had appeared on the screen of his D-Wheel, as a computerized voice sounded its message.

“PERPETRATOR OF LAW, PINPOINTED. PLEASE HAULT YOUR VEHICLE IMMEDIATELY.”

“Security?! Impossible!” exclaimed the rider in utter disbelief. “This... my calculations...how?”

A man with a dark complexion jolted on to the screen of the D-Wheel, an expression of trepidation equally as grave as Rachel’s.

“Zeke, you gotta fall back man; our security diversion was unsuccessful,” spoke the man anxiously.

The rider, Zeke, grunted as the security D-Wheel trailing him grew nearer.

“Yeah, I think I’m aware of that,” he responded.

“Come back home man, we’ll try again next month. If they see your ride goin’ into the tunnel, they’ll most definitely realise we located the one flaw in their defences. Our already slim chances of success will become even less likely if they figure out we’re onto them. ”

“I’m not going anywhere. We’re a mere twenty-nine minutes til our dreams become a reality. I will not allow our efforts to be rendered in vain. Not now.” Zeke retorted staunchly.

The man on the screen slouched his head, burying it beneath his broad shoulders.

“Come on man... It’s too late for that now. We’ve already been sighted by the security... Please, just fall back.”

*CRASH*

The screech of piercing metal shattered the silence of the night, as Zeke’s D-Wheel hurtled into the fence lining the highway. The transmission was instantly ceased by the force of the crash. Zeke quickly regained his momentum, and continued on his original path, eyeing the motorcycle’s rear-view mirror cautiously, to visually identify his pursuer.

A second motorcycle zoomed out of the smoke cloud produced by the crash, revealing an android security guard atop a typical blue and silver maintenance bureau D-Wheel. It eyed Zeke for several seconds, as though it were attempting to identify the perpetrator. It’s computerized voice sounded once more.

“YOU HAVE FAILED TO COMPLY PRECEDING A WARNING. PURSUIT INITIATED.”

The security bot began to close in on its prey, as Zeke returned it’s cold gaze with a furious glare.

“Keh! Twenty-eight whole minutes to defeat a bag of bolts like you?! Come, and allow me to destroy you!”

Both players drew their Decks.

“Duel!” they declared in unison, as the battle begun.

[spoiler=[b]Episode 1: Sneak Preview[/b]]

Will be released in 3 days.

All duels in Genesis will occur atop a custom-designed Duel Mat, designed by Chaotix, to really give the reader a visual feel for the battles, as they rage on. The appearance of the Duel Zone is as follows:

Jaqucopy.png

Til next time =)

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

I take it Duels function like duels in this?

The wordplay at the beginning is a bit laborious, but the flow is much better later in the prologue.

In a world where Duels are available to most esteemed warriors, how is it that Zach-kun gets away with a last name like Raiza?

I take it Duels function like duels in this? - Oh yeah. Definitely.

The wordplay at the beginning is a bit laborious' date=' but the flow is much better later in the prologue. - [b']Thanks =) Could you point anything out in particular that needs to be modified?[/b]

In a world where Duels are available to most esteemed warriors, how is it that Zach-kun gets away with a last name like Raiza? - They won't be using original cards in the fic, so I though what the hell =p

Thanks for the comments everyone =)

Hm. . . Its kinda like when Yusei went through the Garbage Tunnel, and Ushio stopped him. I would've suggested to make the prologue just a tad longer. Maybe 2- 3 Paragraphs more, just to start the Duel and leave us in a cliff hanger.

I'm liking the fic right now, though. Good job.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

I take it Duels function like duels in this? - Oh yeah. Definitely. No' date=' like, this duel.

The wordplay at the beginning is a bit laborious, but the flow is much better later in the prologue. - Thanks =) Could you point anything out in particular that needs to be modified? "Emitted their radiance" sounds a bit like "departed in an exodus;" you use a fairly weak word followed by a very powerful one. Also, "created a second message to counteract the first one" sounds really awkward. "Ordinary spectacle" is an oxymoron with no real place in the narrative. "But a mere" sounds redundant. It's things liket hat.

In a world where Duels are available to most esteemed warriors, how is it that Zach-kun gets away with a last name like Raiza? - They won't be using original cards in the fic, so I though what the hell =p That'd be it.

Thanks for the comments everyone =)

Il n'y a pas de quoi.

Awesome. I don't like the choice of words in the beginning, but that's just me. I think maybe you could make a bit more original, right now it's too much like the Yusei/Ushio in the pipeline scene in 5D's. Love the story so far though.

Awesome.

Hm. . . Its kinda like when Yusei went through the Garbage Tunnel' date=' and Ushio [b']Tried to beat him him.[/b] I would've suggested to make the prologue just a tad longer. Maybe 2- 3 Paragraphs more, just to start the Duel and leave us in a cliff hanger.

I'm liking the fic right now, though. Good job.

Fixed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived