Tales of Symphonia - I'm New

Cruxis89

Here is what I think the Tales of Symphonia cards should look like:

Just an FYI you can click on them to enlarge, and zoom in by clicking on their enlarged pictures. (Just in case anyone was wondering why they are so blurry and small.)

[attachment=11229][attachment=11254][attachment=11252][attachment=11232][attachment=11231]

[attachment=11237][attachment=11227][attachment=11244][attachment=11233][attachment=11235]

[attachment=11234][attachment=11239][attachment=11243][attachment=11246][attachment=11249]

[attachment=11242][attachment=11241][attachment=11228][attachment=11251][attachment=11250]

If you are interested I have a whole lot more including Summon Spirits and of course the other characters from Tethe'alla.

Let me know what you think.

P.S. Just to give credit to the graphics, I got most of my pics from http://eludesdeuxmondes.canalblog.com/archives/2007/03/07/4241005.html

Well I'm going to give you a 5/10 (being new doesn't mean anything). Some cards are too strong, some aren't strong enough. Collette Transcended is a 1900 4 start monster with a great effect (two cards and a chance to get stronger). Kratos is a bit too powerful, protected from all that for only 1 sack and has chance for increase too. Yuan is iffy himself (although I don't find too much wrong with it, I never liked 2 sacks). Collette's Blessing is a little too powerful too. Kratos the Mercenary is also too powerful, trap protection and attack increase with 1900 no sack.

Now for what is underpowered. The Corrine's bell isn't that good, only 500 and one protection from battle? The card requires one specific card. Kratos's sword is iffy, once again because its specific, it could be better. Exshpere boost could be a ton better, only 700? There is a card in the real game that gives 800. Martel's Hope is too strong, it could be ballenced by making it so both people get the effect.

Well thats all I have to say. It was more than I thought. Again you get a 5/10. Some are are over powered, others are underpowered. The ones that aren't either, I can't even say I'd use (Lloyd is nice and all, but I don't know if I would be willing to play a deck where the strategy is to get all three out.)

Being new means nothing about the card making. Just because he's new doesn't mean he won't know about the rules of the game. Just because he is new to the site doesn't mean he is new to making cards (I've made fake cards before I knew about this site). Really there is no reason to judge his cards better because he is new. A lot of new members do make bad cards, its common, but that doesn't mean the ones who do make decent ones should be praised, to be rewarded, because they're new. They can be praised for the card quality, but extra score for the sake of being new isn't right. If someone who has been making cards on this site forever and were to make good cards, why should some other person get a better ranking than him, even if the other guy's cards are better. Being new does not mean crap. I am sorry If I've gone off topic too much, just defending my point.

I would like to see your other cards Cruxis89. Although your first batch wasn't perfect, I'd still like to see more from you and I love the Tales of series.

Thanks for the replies. Jappio your one tough cookie. Some stuff I agree with. I did make Kratos pretty powerful just cuz he was my favorite in the series. I'll fix that. Colette's Blessing is just a replicate of "Solemn Wishes" though. And Exsphere Boost is a replicate of "Rush Recklessly." So I'm not real sure what is wrong with those cards, since they are based off actual real cards. I think I'll make a few changes and hopefully get my other cards up soon. It just takes a while to do that so it's taking me awhile to get in the mood. Thanks for all the commentary and suggestions though, as well as support. Hopefully my next batch will be better and come out soon. And Jappio if nothing else thanks for being one the few reply's with suggestions. I admire that even if you can be tough. Everyone else thanks for all the positive feedback. We'll see what I can manage next.

Ok, I figured that Collette's Blessing sounded like another card, but I wasn't sure (now that you mention it though, I remember). The problem I had with Exsphere boost is that it could be better, that is all. I guess though maybe its ok if it's the same, just I thought Rush Recklessly could be a bit better. Also thanks for understanding my approach, and thanks for calling me tough *flexes pecks*. I made cards, and it was annoying when people would say that the cards had problems, but didn't tell me why. So that is the way I am. I know what you mean about being in the right mood, I haven't done any cards in like 2 or more weeks. I think I'll get on that now.

Hey again,

We'll I fixed some of my old cards and here are the new ones I was talking about. Enjoy and of course, feeback is always welcomed and preferred:

[attachment=11504][attachment=11490][attachment=11499][attachment=11503][attachment=11516][attachment=11517][attachment=11520][attachment=11528][attachment=11514][attachment=11517][attachment=11491]

[attachment=11488][attachment=11495][attachment=11527][attachment=11526][attachment=11500][attachment=11522][attachment=11519][attachment=11506][attachment=11511][attachment=11508][attachment=11518][attachment=11502][attachment=11515][attachment=11529][attachment=11530][attachment=11531][attachment=11509][attachment=11507][attachment=11505][attachment=11524][attachment=11525][attachment=11493]

[attachment=11497][attachment=11489][attachment=11496][attachment=11494][attachment=11521][attachment=11498][attachment=11510][attachment=11492]

P.S. Sorry I know that 41 cards at one time is a lot. I won't do that again.

Well lets see now. I love the summon spirits, I am though assuming that Undine's level is typo and that she should be 6 stars like the others. I'd say though a few of the summon spirits are border line, like sylph or shadow, but they seem fine, specially since they require Sheena, so I find them all pretty much a perfect balance.

I don't really see why you reposted all of the older cards though if you didn't make any changes to some of them, should have only posted the changed ones. The Kratoses still seem too strong. The new Yuan is over powered, 2 cards and protection from magic is a bit much for one sack. Mitho's Betrayal is too strong too, you get to steal a monster for free, its a trap and that can be done at any time, and the monster is destroyed so your opponent doesn't even get it back. Also traps can't quick plays, so be ready to yelled at for that. Also you didn't do Maxwell =(, I like Maxwell. Oh and lets not forget about Aska, you forgot the bird of Light too.

Well over all the new cards are very nice. I still don't know if I'd play a deck around having the whole gang in it. I do like the Summon spirits though, and could see myself using those in a deck. I guess I'll give you a 6.5/10. Nice cards, but still some cards have their problems, and there isn't enough good stuff to make a good deck.

Well lets see now. I love the summon spirits' date=' I am though assuming that Undine's level is typo and that she should be 6 stars like the others. I'd say though a few of the summon spirits are border line, like sylph or shadow, but they seem fine, specially since they require Sheena, so I find them all pretty much a perfect balance.

I don't really see why you reposted all of the older cards though if you didn't make any changes to some of them, should have only posted the changed ones. The Kratoses still seem too strong. The new Yuan is over powered, 2 cards and protection from magic is a bit much for one sack. Mitho's Betrayal is too strong too, you get to steal a monster for free, its a trap and that can be done at any time, and the monster is destroyed so your opponent doesn't even get it back. Also traps can't quick plays, so be ready to yelled at for that. Also you didn't do Maxwell =(, I like Maxwell. Oh and lets not forget about Aska, you forgot the bird of Light too.

Well over all the new cards are very nice. I still don't know if I'd play a deck around having the whole gang in it. I do like the Summon spirits though, and could see myself using those in a deck. I guess I'll give you a 6.5/10. Nice cards, but still some cards have their problems, and there isn't enough good stuff to make a good deck.

[/quote']

Ok fixed those typos, and made some adjustments to the following:

[attachment=11630][attachment=11629][attachment=11628][attachment=11627][attachment=11631][attachment=11632]

I'm sorry if I'm seeming harsh. I just take things as they are, no reason to treat this person any different then anyone else. At least I'm not calling him on typos or grammar mistakes or pictures(I don't judge cards by those things, a good card shouldn't be graded on its grammar, but on its effect). I do agree, though, the clicking makes it more annoying to check them. I suggest using Allyoucanupload.com.

I like your revisions you made to those cards though. I am ok with "Mitho's Betrayel", but I'm not sure if everyone will. "Change of Heart" does the same thing, but is a spell. They banned "Change of Heart" because they found it cheap. I do not mind it, but others will find it overpowered. Because of some of the cards being revived and the new entrants, I think raising your score to a 7/10 is in order.

WOAH ,damn so cool cards you made , i those are awesome , i wish i could be a good card maker like you ,ahm here are some cards, i am new here i made all i can :([attachment=11747][attachment=11748][attachment=11749][attachment=11750][attachment=11751][attachment=11752][attachment=11753][attachment=11754][attachment=11755][attachment=11756][attachment=11757][attachment=11758][attachment=11759][attachment=11759][attachment=11759]

Archived