~DELETE THIS THREAD~

kristoferjm

Guest kristoferjm

~DELETE THIS THREAD~

I will be making a new thread sometime in the near future. I am going to start over with a lot of things.

Hmmm...

I'll give it a 5/10 for now.

Make sure you learn which words to capitalize, like Life Points, LIGHT (etc.), ATK and DEF, etc.

I speak for most veteran card makers when I say this: You need more effect monsters. It's fine if not all of them are, but I would really expect monsters like Ganondorf to have one.

Actually, I'll raise my rating to 6/10. This is a pretty good start for a YCM. Welcome to the site.

Guest kristoferjm

Hmmm...

Make sure you learn which words to capitalize' date=' like Life Points, LIGHT (etc.), ATK and DEF, etc.

I speak for most veteran card makers when I say this: You need more effect monsters. It's fine if not all of them are, but I would really expect monsters like Ganondorf to have one.

Actually, I'll raise my rating to 6/10. This is a pretty good start for a YCM. Welcome to the site.

[/quote']

While most of those terms are a bit screwed up, I did most of Series 1 a while back, before I started getting into Yugioh. Most will be fixed in due time.

While I understand Effect Monsters seem to be popular around here, in my opinion, they ruin a set if there are too many. Monsters like Ganondorf are perfect as a Normal Monster. The card is exactly equivalent to a Dark-Type Warrior Blue-Eyes White Dragon. It is mainly a vessel to get Ganon out on the field anyways, which has a nice effect.

I can also understand that Normal Monsters seem a little boring, and for that reason quite a few of the Monsters in my set have effects. I did try to balance it out a bit more though, by giving more options for Normal Monsters, such as the Triforce pieces for Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. Series 2 also has quite a few more Effect monsters (I've already worked a bit into it) and will have a few more cards to make Normal Monster seem a bit more attractive within an actual deck.

I thank you for your criticism, and definitely will work on more Effects too (I have some really unique ones planned for Series 2). So please stick around, and please keep commenting.

Thanks much.

Hmmm...

Make sure you learn which words to capitalize' date=' like Life Points, LIGHT (etc.), ATK and DEF, etc.

[/quote']

While most of those terms are a bit screwed up, I did most of Series 1 a while back, before I started getting into Yugioh. Most will be fixed in due time.

While I understand Effect Monsters seem to be popular around here, in my opinion, they ruin a set if there are too many. Monsters like Ganondorf are perfect as a Normal Monster. The card is exactly equivalent to a Dark-Type Warrior Blue-Eyes White Dragon. It is mainly a vessel to get Ganon out on the field anyways, which has a nice effect.

I can also understand that Normal Monsters seem a little boring, and for that reason quite a few of the Monsters in my set have effects. I did try to balance it out a bit more though, by giving more options for Normal Monsters, such as the Triforce pieces for Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. Series 2 also has quite a few more Effect monsters (I've already worked a bit into it) and will have a few more cards to make Normal Monster seem a bit more attractive within an actual deck.

I thank you for your criticism, and definitely will work on more Effects too (I have some really unique ones planned for Series 2). So please stick around, and please keep commenting.

Thanks much.

Yah tell spider

Hmmm...

[/quote']

Thanks much.

Allright then, I won't complain... too much. That's good to hear.

I'll focus on a few cards for now...

Boomerang: The effect does not state how many time you can attack. When equipped to a high attack monster, even just 2 attacks can destroy your opponent. I'd say state the effect more clearly and balance it out a bit.

Hyrule Castle: I understand how it's a Field Spell, but the effect could be WAY more creative, as it is an important place in the games. Maybe some kind of buff on Zelda?

Other: Some cards could use better pics. I understand some pics may be hard to find, but you could also try adding a background.

Hmmm...

[/quote']

Thanks much.

Boomerang: The effect does not state how many time you can attack. When equipped to a high attack monster, even just 2 attacks can destroy your opponent. I'd say state the effect more clearly and balance it out a bit.

Hyrule Castle: I understand how it's a Field Spell, but the effect could be WAY more creative, as it is an important place in the games. Maybe some kind of buff on Zelda?

Other: Some cards could use better pics. I understand some pics may be hard to find, but you could also try adding a background.

Dang Symbiote. any more nagging

Guest kristoferjm

He's not nagging' date=' he's being productive to the process. I rather need criticism, or my cards cannot progress.

I was worried about Boomerang for the longest while, but missed it when I went through to do the final check. I'll specify exactly what it does. I marked it for change on my master list, so that will be fixed.

When I first made Hyrule Castle, I spent so long finding a suitable picture, I wasn't in the mood to make anything more then 'Increase this monster'. I marked this one too, it deserves to be a lot better.

Pictures were the most difficult part, like always. Some of the pictures, I agree, could be a lot better ones. I usually go through and search again for better pictures, so I'll do that really soon.

Thanks again for your comments!!

He's not nagging' date=' he's being productive to the process. I rather need criticism, or my cards cannot progress.

I was worried about Boomerang for the longest while, but missed it when I went through to do the final check. I'll specify exactly what it does. I marked it for change on my master list, so that will be fixed.

When I first made Hyrule Castle, I spent so long finding a suitable picture, I wasn't in the mood to make anything more then 'Increase this monster'. I marked this one too, it deserves to be a lot better.

Pictures were the most difficult part, like always. Some of the pictures, I agree, could be a lot better ones. I usually go through and search again for better pictures, so I'll do that really soon.

Thanks again for your comments!!

Allright, well that's good to hear. I hope to see them improved. And I know exactly how you feel about the pics. No biggie.

About the potions...

I think they might all be OP, due to the user getting a card and 500 LP. Maybe make a cost to activating them, so you can balance them out.

I like this set, I hope to see way more improvements and additions.

• 11 months later...
Guest kristoferjm

Right now, I'm just casually working alone. My cards are just something I do when I am in a Zelda mood. Thanks for the offer though, I hope your card making goes just as good as mine :)

Archived