RPG Maker VX is it good or bad?

Infinitus

Is RPG Maker VX good or bad?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is RPG Maker VX good or bad?

I've always wanted to make video games. Not that I'm an addict, but I need an outlet for my rpg creativity.

It costs $60, then I'll be able to make any amount of games I wish. Without any programming abilities (So no one says I'm wasting my money.)

I want to know, is it good or bad? I don't want to spend $60 on something that could possibly suck.

What game are you going to make

Well, I plan on making a 4 game series, which I'm quite pleased with the plot of the first two.

Kingdom of Shadows: Heroes of Destiny

Kingdom of Shadows: Forestaller of Fate (Takes place at the same time as the first one)

Kingdom of Shadows: Crossroads of Light and Darkness

Kingdom of Shadows: The Beginning of the End (Takes place 14 years before the first two)

Guest JoshIcy

I personally find RPGMXP much better.

It's capable of much more, and is generally more reliable if you know what you're doing.

But RPGMVX is very user friendly compared to the others out there. So it's all up to you.

I personally find RPGMXP much better.

It's capable of much more' date=' and is generally more reliable if you know what you're doing.

But RPGMVX is very user friendly compared to the others out there. So it's all up to you.

[/quote']

Hmmm, user friendly involves making it easier on newbies to RPG maker, (which is also what their vid said) So I'll go with that. Thank you for your opinion ^_^

If I'm looking at the right one, what's going to happen is I'm going to get something for free, and it's not going to be as good as I expected, I end up bored, and I never use it again.

I think I'll stick with my first plan.

And I guess I could try out the free trial. It would be a good idea.

Archived