Game Review: Mass Effect

Sid.

First Review =D

Your name: Sid.

Game name: Mass Effect

Game system: Xbox 360 only.

Online Capable: No.

Rating: M.

Mass Effect is truly a wonderous game. Great graphics, good plotline, and exeptionally well gameplay.

Story

You start the game by choosing your past, as well as your body specs and specializations. Then you are directly shown on an spaceship looking over a planet, as well as talking in the background. Your name is Shepard.

A rougue spectre* has recovered an ancient artifact that gives information on how to release a forbidden race upon the Milky Way, and ultimately conquer all the planets within. This rogue spectre has the army of robots at his side named the "Geth", and using them he travels from planet too planet dropping them off and wrecking the planet.

During the game you will aquire several different teammates, from different species of aliens. Unfortunately you can only have two out at once, and each teammate has a different specialization.

Your objective in the game is too track down this spectre and ultimately stop his plans too unleash this race upon the galaxy.

As the story progresses, there will be many sidequests as well as choices you will have too make. I can tell you though that some choices WILL make you want too restart what you've done. You WILL have too choose who WILL die or not. You can also go into a love story. Quite cheesy really.

Good plotline. Very well thought out.

*= A spectre is a high rank in the galactic "police".

Gameplay

Gameplay is very well thought out. Running is a different button, movement is very simple, and aiming is great. You dont have a wide selection of guns, and depending on what you specialize at the beggining of the game you may not even be able too use all of them. Im not gonna go into specializations, all i can tell you is that there are 6 of them, and there really awesome.

Fighting in this game is pretty simple really. If you've ever played "Gears of War" or "Uncharted", the fighting and roaming style is much like that. You can duck behind cover and blindfire.

Talking in this game is simple really, you just have to choose what you want too say. There will be options at the bottom of the screen, and sometimes the outcomes will change the outcome of the story. Think what to say before you speak right?

There are only a handful of boss battles in this game, and even though sometimes they may be very short, they are always fun and full of action. Enjoy them while they last. :p

And of course in a game where you have the entire milky way at your fingertips, you can free roam. Unfortunately though, to preserve realism and space for more graphics, not all the planets in the game have a nice surface, so you are only allowed too land on a select few planets that dont have anything too do with the main plotline.

There will always be a few sidequests that will score you quite a few items for your inventory, and you can always just do those for fun. But i've noticed that the sidequests do get quite boring and rather repetitive, so you may stop doing them halfway through the game.

Graphics

The graphics in this game are crisp and detailed, but even so sometimes the background could get blurred. The graphics and attention too detail is sometimes almost so strong that it gives a "Neon" feel to it. Sometimes stuff will be glowing will the same thing later wont. Its normal really, and it could just very well be my TV. Also sometimes you may see that the graphics could get a tad bit bright, but dont turn down your TV's brightness, it'll go away after you move out of the sunlight.

The aliens in this game are very interesting too be truthful. Not always awesome, but interesting. The game focuses on three different alien species, and of course the humans. The aliens all have different face and body structures, and are even ranging between intellect.

The feel of the enviroment around you is great, because the graphics are just so strong. Everything will be moving in real time around you (i mean everything in the room), and everything is very crisp in doing so. Most of the time you will find that the enviroment basically in every planet you go too is very nice and lit, but again, there will be times in which it wont be.

The game has a very strong feeling of action and suspense in it, and it all leads up too a very awesome ending.

Some stuff too know

Mass effect is awesome.

Mass effect is definetly worth the buy.

Mass effect DOESNT support online, but it does have a mission you can buy on the "Xbox live Marketplace" called "Bringing Down the Sky".

tl;dr? :P

Mass effect has a plotline that will make you wanna keep playing till your eyes bleed.

Good graphics, fantastic gameplay. And so much stuff too explore.

Well worth the buy, believe me.

I have way too much time on my hands.

Well how the hell can you become a level 40 with a good amount of credits while just starting out as a spectre? >>

I ment if you reach level 40 (which is easy)

And you can be level 40 when just starting.

Just beat the game and copy your main character.

Anyway it is epic.

Archived