Game Review: [Prototype]

evilhorus

Your name: Shockwave™

Game name: [Prototype]

Game system: XBox 360, PS3, PC

Online Capable: No, Unfortunatley

Rating: 18/M

Thoughts about: Great "Hack-em-up". Play if your utterly bored. Powers are great.

Story:

You are Alex Mercer, worker at Gentek. But Gentek has done something you dont really like. Oh no. They are studying a virus that makes people go all "teh undead zombie shiz". You threaten to throw the virus away, but they kill you before you can ruin their plan. You die, but the Virus enters your body and copies your genes. You are not Alex Mercer anymore. You are the virus.

Later, you wake up on a table, and operators about to cut into your torso. They get startled as they see you rise from the "dead". They run out, and you stumble after them - not from anger, but from confusion - and you exit Gentek. You see the two doctors talking to Gentek Soldiers, explaining what happened. You hide behind a jeep, and you do not like what you see. As soon as the doctors finish their story, the soldiers kill them. You try to creep away, but they see you. They raise the alert, and they pump you up with bullets. Alex goes crazy, - confused since he cant remember anything - thinking he should be dead, and jumps over a wall - very surprised he managed. I wont ruin the rest, as it is an interesting story.

Gameplay:

The gameplay is immensely fun. Punching things - making their bodies implode. You can aquire many powers, the first being the claws. The most powerful power - which is the last you'll acquire, most likely - is the blade. You can jump incredible distances, and run extremely fast, and even fly. This is the only game that you can have a punch or two with a tank.

There are also little "Events" that let you get more EXP to buy upgrades.

Graphics:

The graphics are slightly in between the last gen graphics and todays. You mostly see this in the movie clips. The actual gameplay is great, since you not exactly in someones face. The city is slightly boring, and never changes apart from the odd building or two becoming infected.

+ Jumping from the top of the Empire State Building with your blade and slicing a man in half as you land = Fun.

+ Lots of different powers.

+ Level Variety.

+ Very interesting story. Has the same amount of twists as a Rollercoaster.

+ Battles are massive. In a big battle, you will be battling 3-5 Tanks, a few helicopters, 20+ Soldiers, 5 Super Soldiers and 10+ Hunters (Wont mention much because I'd ruin it ;)). And All attacking you at the same time.

- Sometimes too crazy.

- Graphics are dissapointing in the movie clips.

- IMO, The bosses are dissapointing.

- Only arms affected by powers. No Super-Legs or Head-butting heads. D}=

- I dont mind, but some people will be pissed that this is an Open World game. . . . . . .With just one cheat. That unlocks a Power you could just buy for not too much. D}=

Overall, 7/10

A good review. But you were missing out on some parts like controls. It would also be nice if you went a little more in depth with certain parts. Ex: You say there are certain 'events' in this game that helps you out by giving you exp. What would an example of an event be? What would you have to do? etc etc.

Not bad though. =]

A good review. But you were missing out on some parts like controls. It would also be nice if you went a little more in depth with certain parts. Ex: You say there are certain 'events' in this game that helps you out by giving you exp. What would an example of an event be? What would you have to do? etc etc.

Not bad though. =]

I knew I should have gone deeper. I did'nt for two reasons. One' date=' I was in a hurry, Two, I thought If I said too much, I'd ruin it. Ill go deeper next time. ={D

Very nice. I got so freaking bored of this game for some reason though, i just switched too Gears of War lol

Yes, that happened to me as well. I got bored after completition, so I played My other Games.

Sweet' date='even more reason for me to get the game.

[/quote']

While it is a good game, there are better options. If you have a PS3, go for Infamous. Apparently much better. It probably is.

Archived