GX 152-155 Disscusion (SPOILER ALERT!! for people who watch English Dubs)

That's one of the reasons I dislike GX so much. Yubel wronged so many people and put Jaden(as much as I dislike him as a character, I have to feel sorry for him after what Yubel did) and after that, he just forgives him?! That's a HORRIBLE ending! The original(not dubbed) ending of the first Yu-Gi-Oh series had the antagonists punished or defeated or some way-plus, the ending was moving. This...it just cheats you. That's like making a movie where the antagonist brutally sexually tortures tons of little kids and in the end, Jesus comes out of nowhere and brings the antagonist up to heaven in a pillar of light.

Plus, it just didn't fit. 1984's dismal ending fit the dystopian theme-this, it's just bad. So the homicidal, sadistic antagonist we grow so much hate for merges with the antagonist we're(supposed to-I don't, but many do)admire and root for so much?

That's bad writing right there. BAD.

I agree with you, but I like that there is alot of variety of cards in GX that are just ridiculous. Well the story says that Yubel was once Judai's protector in a previous lifetime and the only reason that Yubel was doing all this is because she thought that torturing and abandoning people (however wrong that is) was Judai's way to show affection. I think that Yubel is a woman, if Yubel was a guy then WHOA NELLY I was lost the whole time. You actually have to give some pity to Yubel for turning herself into a monster to protect Judai in a past lifetime. What's good that came out of all of this is that now Judai has like superhuman powers.

lol this was 4 episodes back em at 161 soon

and its Judai not Jaden

Bot i samehaw liked the end at least Johan didnt die he is my favourite character in GX(2nd is Edo)

and i hoped this cod be the end of GX bot no they had to make a 4th season

bot i rely like the new Judai(same haw he is like Atem)

That's one of the reasons I dislike GX so much. Yubel wronged so many people and put Jaden(as much as I dislike him as a character' date=' I have to feel sorry for him after what Yubel did) and after that, he just forgives him?! That's a HORRIBLE ending! The original(not dubbed) ending of the first Yu-Gi-Oh series had the antagonists punished or defeated or some way-plus, the ending was moving. This...it just cheats you. That's like making a movie where the antagonist brutally sexually tortures tons of little kids and in the end, Jesus comes out of nowhere and brings the antagonist up to heaven in a pillar of light.

Plus, it just didn't fit. [i']1984[/i]'s dismal ending fit the dystopian theme-this, it's just bad. So the homicidal, sadistic antagonist we grow so much hate for merges with the antagonist we're(supposed to-I don't, but many do)admire and root for so much?

That's bad writing right there. BAD.

Do never talk about Jesus or anybody. It is forbidden and BTW you guys are long back. The current episode is 160

I wasn't talking about Jesus in the religious context or talking about religion-I was using him bringing up a psychopathic, killer antagonist to compare to Judai just forgiving Yubel after all the cruel acts he commited. They had Yubel commit such hateable acts-why did they not punish him?

And on the subject of religion being forbidden, why can't I talk about Jesus in a non-religious context but someone can make Christianity-based cards without so much as a scolding?

I know I am way back, but I just had to discuss these episodes. I watched 160 already, but it wouldn't hurt to revisit this. Anyway, I am glad they kept Johan too. Johan is one of my favorite characters and I would hate to see him leave. O'Brien even came back for season 4, but I guess Johan is leaving anyways seeing as he got back on the boat to go back to his original school. Maybe he is going to come back in a later episodes. Do you guys think they will bring back characters like Jim and Johan to appear in later episodes?

I know I am way back' date=' but I just had to discuss these episodes. I watched 160 already, but it wouldn't hurt to revisit this. Anyway, I am glad they kept Johan too. Johan is one of my favorite characters and I would hate to see him leave. O'Brien even came back for season 4, but I guess Johan is leaving anyways seeing as he got back on the boat to go back to his original school. Maybe he is going to come back in a later episodes. Do you guys think they will bring back characters like Jim and Johan to appear in later episodes?

[/quote']

I'm glad they didn't kill him off like they killed off Amun -_-

I like Johan, too. And yes, I think they will bring him back-I think I saw him in Season 4's opening. Aren't the character's shown in the opneing usually seen in that season multiple times?

I wasn't talking about Jesus in the religious context or talking about religion-I was using him bringing up a psychopathic' date=' killer antagonist to compare to Judai just forgiving Yubel after all the cruel acts he commited. They had Yubel commit such hateable acts-why did they not punish him?

And on the subject of religion being forbidden, why can't I talk about Jesus in a non-religious context but someone can make Christianity-based cards without so much as a scolding?

[/quote']

Well, OK i thought that you were talking about religion. But anyways making Christianity-based card is forbidden i think

Yeah. I think that when they are shown in the opening that they will appear several times in the show. Good point...it's horrible that they took out Amon because I just wanted to see his deck not with all those Exodia cards which I have seen too much of and not enough of his "mist" monsters. Do you think that Judai has Yubel in his deck?

Sorry for any misunderstandings I may have caused, God GAK.

And I would've liked to see more of Amun's deck myself. Not only that, I liked him as a character(that's unusual for me when it comes GX characters). And I don't think so-wasn't Yubel-and his card-corrupted by the Light of Ruin when he was shot up into space? So, if Yubel is no longer corrupted by the Light of Ruin, I wouldn't think Judai would have the Yubel card anymore since Yubel became evil when his spirit was in the card and he absorbed the Light of Ruin(or energy), so I would think since Yubel's spirit has been purified, the card wouldn't exist or at least Judai wouldn't use it. Maybe it brings back bad memories?

Yeah....besides if Judai were to use Yubel in a duel that would be a very fast duel wouldn't it? It's good that Yubel has been purified....she was definitely one of those antagonists that took a very long time to beat. If you think about it Yubel is like Pegasus because Pegasus was a nasty villain that trapped everybody's souls in cards and wanted to get the millenium puzzle, but then he became good and helped Yugi out here and there.

Yeah, although Pegasus was likeable. He had that goofy, lighthearted personality along with his sinister personality. Besides, he's punished-he has his Millenium Eye torn out by Bakura, after all. I wish Yubel was punish in some way and not rewarded with what he/she/it wanted. I think Yubel is supposed to be a hermpharodite or genderless, since it refers to itself in male pronouns alot but has a female voice actor when the dialouge involves Judai in some way-be it directly or indirectly. The Japanese voice actor always switches. I can't stand the English dub and I haven't heard its dubbed voice, so I'm not sure about how it sounds in the dub. If I do watch GX for some reason, I just use subs.

Also, why is it that no one uses staple cards like Raigeki, Mirror Force, Sakeretsu Armor, etc on a regular basis. Sure, they may use them every once in a while, but those apperances are few and far between. Besides, there's a rather simple card that would get rid of Yubel without starting off the chain reaction-Dark Core. The effect is:

Discard one card from your hand. Remove one face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field from play.

Since it doesn't say "DESTROY and remove from play", Yubel's effect wouldn't go off. Just thought I'd add that in.

Well. The writers of the story just wanted to make Yubel not suffer so much because being alone was alot of suffering for it already (in it's words). It's like "I've been alone for so long and suffered so much and so everyone should suffer with me." Yubel is really crazy. I have heard the English Dub and I still can't differentiate whether Yubel is a guy or a girl because when you think about it Yubel has boobs and so it should be a girl, but on the other hand the voices change to a guy's voice. It's really confusing. I think they just took out Raigeki and those other cards because as you recall some cards like Black luster soldier was banned from the game yet that guy that imitated everyone used Yugi's deck and played it anyway. They are trying to avoid cards that have been "banned." In many tournaments Mirror force and Raigeki are banned.

I really feel bad for poor Yubel, i mean, how would you feel if the only person you ever loved was killed before your eyes (Judai's ancestor), and now you want to protect them with all your heart and soul... even if it means turning into a monster and killing inocent people. Thats deep, really really deep.

I really feel bad for poor Yubel' date=' i mean, how would you feel if the only person you ever loved was killed before your eyes (Judai's ancestor), and now you want to protect them with all your heart and soul... even if it means turning into a monster and killing inocent people. Thats deep, really really deep.

[/quote']

I agree....but killing innocent people is still wrong. However I am always taught to forgive a person even for horrible acts of cruelty....so Yubel should be forgiven, but should repent and at least say "sorry" to everyone it hurt. (I am not talking in religious context, it is just my sense of ethics).

Archived