*Invasion* by request (ideas for a new strategy website)

Hello all, I'm new here so please be nice! This feels weird......

My name is Jae Kim, I wrote articles on Metagame/TCGplayer and write for Pojo every now and then.

Ever since we lost Metagame (a shady Upper Deck company in disguise), there hasn't really been a website for YGO-based strategy and the community is kind of splintered up.

So I made an account at all of the important forums and I want to get involved. I'm starting a new strategy blog and I need your feedback! What kind of content do you want to see from a strategy site and how can I make things as appealing as possible for this community?

Guest Chaos Pudding

Hello all' date=' I'm new here so please be nice! This feels weird......

My name is Jae Kim, I wrote articles on Metagame/TCGplayer and write for Pojo every now and then.

Ever since we lost Metagame (a shady Upper Deck company in disguise), there hasn't really been a website for YGO-based strategy and the community is kind of splintered up.

So I made an account at all of the important forums and I want to get involved. I'm starting a new strategy blog and I need your feedback! What kind of content do you want to see from a strategy site and how can I make things as appealing as possible for this community?

[/quote']

So you're actually Jae Kim?

You can start by not broadcasting and completely ignoring the obvious of Terms of service... NO ADVERTISING.

Next, try covering things that aren't blatantly obvious, like Crime rate at events. If you were at Nationals, I know you know what Im talking about. 3 arrest and 5+ stolen bags. Hit topics that people NEED to know, and not just the fads. That's one reason I stopped visiting Meta game.

You can start by not broadcasting and completely ignoring the obvious of Terms of service... NO ADVERTISING.

Next' date=' try covering things that aren't blatantly obvious, like Crime rate at events. If you were at Nationals, I know you know what Im talking about. [b']3 arrest and 5+ stolen bags.[/b] Hit topics that people NEED to know, and not just the fads. That's one reason I stopped visiting Meta game.

Nationals 2009? Wow, I'm never going to take my eyes off of my backpack, binder, or deck at a big event like nationals, regionals, or SJC ever.

Nate I'm not advertising. Nowhere in my post was there a link to the blog or such. Was simply soliciting feedback from this community.

I actually quit Metagame because of the glossy spin they put on everything. And yes, I want to alert players to the dangers of premier events. But I don't think that's all people need to know.

What else would you consider "need to know."

I think...

I have a link to my thoughts on Tragoedia here:

http://go-ygo.com/thoughts-tragoedia/

It's too long for this forum. Let me know what you think!

clearly falls under advertising.

What people need to know is how Players ruin the game (Ie: increase in price and their attitudes towards un skilled, or in experienced players.) Remind players to watch their belongings like previously stated, and above all REMIND THE COMMUNITY THAT IT IS STILL ONLY A GAME. Im tired of people treating their cards as gods. (If you've been to these events, you know what im talking about.)

I checked your blog out, and it's definitely a step up from metagame, if that means anything to you. You criticized card design where you thought it should be criticized, while metagame had the habit of supporting every decision made by Konami or UDE.

Anyways, this does technically fall under advertising, methinks. But I also think it would be best if moderators turned a blind eye, as this actually has some relevancy and merit.

Archived