A song I mixed myself on guitar

FindingTheEverlight

OK, this is a definite rough copy of this. And it needs major adjustment to it. And there are major mistakes and rough spots.

It's a new style of music I've been working on, more of a Jazz Fusion. Eventually I want to incorporate some drumming and screaming vocals to it and add electric guitar, for it is all acoustic. But please give me your honest opinions on this and I will be grateful.

Here is a link to a site where you can listen to it and download if you like.

Yeah' date=' I know. I'm in a post-hardcore band, and I want to put something new into the genre.

(Also, I neglected to mention, this is my first attempt at tapping)

[/quote']

Haha. That's cool, I suck at tapping.

I make up for it with sweeping. :D

Yeah' date=' I know. I'm in a post-hardcore band, and I want to put something new into the genre.

(Also, I neglected to mention, this is my first attempt at tapping)

[/quote']

Haha. That's cool, I suck at tapping.

I make up for it with sweeping. :D

I suck at sweeping. the tapping in this song is so simple a baby can do it it's just:

D-string

|--2h4h6p2--| repeating 5 times

Then switch it up and do the same pattern on the A-string.

Its pretty good.

I would seperate the guitar mixes into stereo, and double track the rhythm guitar parts to get a massive "Wall of Sound". but thats just my opinion.

I'm into post hardcore as well, so I understand were you coming from. I play in a band myself and we are currently a 3 piece. I dont like playing leads, so I just tune my guitar a half step up (F#) and play messy harmonics with my low E string. you can Imagine how it sounds with a fender reverb and a Big muff electro harmonix pedal.

Its pretty good.

I would seperate the guitar mixes into stereo' date=' and double track the rhythm guitar parts to get a massive "Wall of Sound". but thats just my opinion.

I'm into post hardcore as well, so I understand were you coming from. I play in a band myself and we are currently a 3 piece. I dont like playing leads, so I just tune my guitar a half step up (F#) and play messy harmonics with my low E string. you can Imagine how it sounds with a fender reverb and a Big muff electro harmonix pedal.

[/quote']

Yeah, I agree, I will stereo it once I record a final version. I was also considering double tracking the rhythm.

And yeah, I can imagine. But I'm not much for any pedal besides distortion though. And my guitar is usually in a drop D (standard for this song though, cut I'm playing on acoustics and classicals).

Its pretty good.

I would seperate the guitar mixes into stereo' date=' and double track the rhythm guitar parts to get a massive "Wall of Sound". but thats just my opinion.

[/quote']

Yeah, I agree, I will stereo it once I record a final version. I was also considering double tracking the rhythm.

And yeah, I can imagine. But I'm not much for any pedal besides distortion though. And my guitar is usually in a drop D (standard for this song though, cut I'm playing on acoustics and classicals).

I'm not so much into recording with an acoustic guitar, because I can never get the right sound. I recently tuned my guitar in G# (all the strings) because I don't own a flanger, my freind does. I dont know if I'm in my "sonic youth" period, but it is annoying having 2 guitars tuned diffrently. as for classical, I'm not that much of a fast picker:(

Its pretty good.

[/quote']

I'm not so much into recording with an acoustic guitar, because I can never get the right sound. I recently tuned my guitar in G# (all the strings) because I don't own a flanger, my freind does. I dont know if I'm in my "sonic youth" period, but it is annoying having 2 guitars tuned diffrently. as for classical, I'm not that much of a fast picker:(

Do you use any pedals for the flanging sound? I've never heard of that and I'd like to attempt that.

Its pretty good.

[/quote']

Do you use any pedals for the flanging sound? I've never heard of that and I'd like to attempt that.

I have a line 6 amp with a built in flanger. For the most part, its cool, but it does not have the full capabilities as a normal pedal would. I usually use my friend's pedal but it is too complex for me:(. I think its a boss flanger BF-3 (it has a purple-ish color).

well, if you have ever heard of the Mars Volta, they use alot of disonance, mainly because of their tuning and effect pedals, but if you use a normal pedal, mainly having the channel of the amp clean, you'll get this sound.

(sorry, that was the example I had in my head lol)

If you run the effect on a clean channel on the amp, you should be able to get that warm, clean sound. (the flanging sound gets emphesized too much when you use alot of distortion, so I try not to use it alot). If you want that weird mars volta sound, I really don't know much about it.

Archived