Fonts used in the Yu-Gi-Oh Card Maker?

legopelle

Question

Ive searched both Google and this site, and come by different fonts. But not which fonts are used where.

The fonts mentioned are:

• Emigre's Matrix (II)
  • Palatino Linotype
  • ITC Stone Serif (Bold and Medium Italic)

I've tried to identify them, and have come to the following conclusions:

All fields but Effect/Lore are Matrix.

Type field could be ITC Stone Serif Bold.

Effect/Lore font is a type where some numbers are lowered a little (3,4,5,7 and 9), check for yourselves.

The only difference between Effect and Lore is italic.

The third conclusion rules out Stone Serif, Matrix and Palino Linotype for Effect font because all their numbers are level.

So my question is: What is the font used for the different fields?

6 answers to this question

Ha ha, oh wow...

Google jokes are always so funny.

Seriously now, I have (of course) googled this matter prior to asking, and the only reason I asked is because Google can't always answer your questions satisfactory (really, it's true). As you maybe didn't see, the fonts I have mentioned are in your provided results. Some minor differences, true, but they are still the same font family, namely Matrix II, Palantino Linotype and ITC Stone Serif.

I don't expect you to thoroughly go through the Google results, but please read my post before posting. All posts are welcome though.

TL;DR

I have already googled it.

Effect: Palatino Linotype

Flavor Text: Palatino Linotype (Italic) (I think)

No, it's not. The numbers are wrong, and quite a few of the joins and serifs are different. I think there's even a few letters formed differently.

Edit: Oops, fragment.

Archived