Koa'ki Meiru Contest FINISHED. LOCK, MOVE, OR WHATEVER

Mysty

As the title says, make a Koa'ki Meiru deck. Here are a few deck rules:

1. Make the deck anti-meta.

This may seem like a no-brainer, but there are a few Koa'ki Meiru cards that aren't really aimed towards being anti-meta (such as War Arms). Even though Koa'ki Meirus have relatively high ATK, at least try to make the deck focus on being anti-meta.

2. Make the deck actually based on Koa'ki Meirus.

Don't just tech in a Koa'ki Meiru and says it's a Koa'ki Meiru deck. I figure about half the monsters in the deck being Koa'ki Meiru should make the deck Koa'ki Meiru based.

3. The only Koa'ki Meiru cards you can use are those in Raging Battle, Ancient Prophecy, and Stardust Overdrive. No OCG-only cards besides the cards in those packs.

Try to avoid using Stardust Overdrive cards unless they are irreplaceable.

4. The deck must go by the March 2009 Advanced Format Forbidden/Limited/Semi-Limited List.

I think that should be all the deck rules, I'll write more or change the current rules when I feel changes need to be made.

Anyway, in order to enter the contest, you must pay 4 points. That's right, only 4. The winner gets 3/4 of all the points in the contest and +3 reps.

Other rules:

1. You can enter more than 1 deck, but you must pay 4 points for each deck. More decks means a better chance at winning.

2. If you wish, you may or may not put a playbook at the bottom of the decklist. Please put one if the deck has a strange choice of cards and you would like to explain why every card is needed.

3. Spamming is not tolerated. Please don't post unless you would like to post a deck or have an edit to your deck or something similar.

4. Don't insult other people or their decks on this thread. Flaming will not be tolerated on this thread.

CONTEST ENDS SOME TIME IN OR AROUND AUGUST 10. THE REASON I SAY "IN OR AROUND" IS BECAUSE IT WILL BE AUGUST 10 IN MY TIME ZONE, BUT NOT NECESSARILY IN EVERYONE ELSE'S.

If you wish to be a contestant, post your deck here. If you wish to be a judge, PM me.

Judges:

1. -Daedalus-

Contestants:

1. Squires5000

2. Kiryu

3. Just JkM

As the title says' date=' make a Koa'ki Meiru deck. Here are a few deck rules:

[b']1. Make the deck anti-meta.[/b]

This may seem like a no-brainer, but there are a few Koa'ki Meiru cards that aren't really aimed towards being anti-meta (such as War Arms). Even though Koa'ki Meirus have relatively high ATK, at least try to make the deck focus on being anti-meta.

2. Make the deck actually based on Koa'ki Meirus.

Don't just tech in a Koa'ki Meiru and says it's a Koa'ki Meiru deck. I figure about half the monsters in the deck being Koa'ki Meiru should make the deck Koa'ki Meiru based.

3. Use cards only in Raging Battle and Ancient Prophecy.

4. The deck must go by the March 2009 Advanced Format Forbidden/Limited/Semi-Limited List.

If this contest continues all the way into the time of release of the next banlist and you want to write/adjust your recipe so that it follows the completely confirmed September 2009 banlist, please write that your deck follows said banlist. Decks that follow that banlist are the only exceptions to this rule.

NOTE: This rule may end up changing.

I think that should be all the deck rules, I'll write more or change the current rules when I feel changes need to be made.

Anyway, in order to enter the contest, you must pay 4 points. That's right, only 4. The winner gets 3/4 of all the points in the contest and +3 reps.

Other rules:

1. You can enter more than 1 deck, but you must pay 4 points for each deck. More decks means a better chance at winning.

2. If you wish, you may or may not put a playbook at the bottom of the decklist. Please put one if the deck has a strange choice of cards and you would like to explain why every card is needed.

3. Spamming is not tolerated. Please don't post unless you would like to post a deck or have an edit to your deck or something similar.

4. Don't insult other people or their decks on this thread. Flaming will not be tolerated on this thread.

If you wish to be a contestant, post your deck here. If you wish to be a judge, PM me.

Judges:

Contestants:

Just the Koa'ki Meiru cards from raging and prophecy and what about promos

You cannot use Koa'ki Meiru promos or Koa'ki Meiru cards from Stardust Overdrive. That basically means no Bergzak or Stardust overdrive cards. Remember that you can use any TCG cards and ancient Prophecy cards in the deck, but you cannot use OCG-only cards.

Monster 24

Koa'ki Meiru Rooklord 3

Koa'ki Meiru Full-Barrier 3

Koa'ki Meiru Powerhand 3

Koa'ki Meiru Rock 3

Gale 3

Rose 2

Shiba

command knight 2

maruading 2

obnoxious 2

Spells 9

Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru 2

Mst

M reborn

trunade

double

votex

reload

rota

Traps 13

oppression 3

dimensional prison 3

bottomless 3

mirror force

roar 3

Extra Deck

dark strike fighter 3

goyo

armor master 2

black rose 2

stardust 3

red dragon 2

exploder dragonwing 2

Total 46

Heres my entry and if it makes u feel better i planed on entering before u legalized overdrive and is the build Koa'ki Meiru enough for u

Are you saying you actually had a build that didn't involve Stardust Overdrive cards?

I suppose Rooklord must really be important in Koa'ki Meiru decks since it is the only card in this deck that is from Stardust Overdrive.

One problem: Goyo is at 1. Fix that please.

;D

Have no fear, Kiryu is here!

Monsters: 18

3x Drago

3x Doom

2x Ice

2x Summoner Monk

3x Guardian

2x Rock

3x Doomcalibur Knight

Spells: 12

3x Iron Core

2x Iron Core Immediate Disposal

1x Monster Reborn

1x Giant Trunade

1x MST

1x Heavy Storm

2x Magical Mallet

1x Lightning Vortex

Traps:

3x Solemn Judgement

3x Royal Oppression

3x D-Prison

2x Bottomless Trap Hole

Total; 41

;D

Have no fear' date=' Kiryu is here!

Monsters: 18

3x Drago

3x Doom

2x Ice

2x Summoner Monk

3x Guardian

2x Rock

3x Doomcalibur Knight

Spells: 12

3x Iron Core

2x Iron Core Immediate Disposal

1x Monster Reborn

1x Giant Trunade

1x MST

1x Heavy Storm

2x Magical Mallet

1x Lightning Vortex

Traps:

3x Solemn Judgement

3x Royal Oppression

3x D-Prison

2x Bottomless Trap Hole

Total; 41

[/quote']

Good, deck is completely legal.

I didn't get a PM saying that you donated 4 points though. Be sure to send me those points.

Monsters ( 15 )

3x Thunder King Rai-Oh

3x Koa'ki Meiru Guardian

3x Koa'ki Meiru Drago

2x Koa'ki Meiru Ice

2x Des Lacooda

1x Morphing Jar

1x Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

Spells ( 10 )

3x Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru

2x Iron Core of Immediate Disposal

2x Book of Moon

1x Smashing Ground

1x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Swords or Revealing Light

Traps ( 15 )

3x Solemn Judgment

3x Dark Bribe

3x Bottomless Trap Hole

2x Royal Oppression

2x Dimensional Prison

1x Mirror Force

1x Torrential Tribute

Are you saying you actually had a build that didn't involve Stardust Overdrive cards?

I suppose Rooklord must really be important in Koa'ki Meiru decks since it is the only card in this deck that is from Stardust Overdrive.

One problem: Goyo is at 1. Fix that please.

fixed it and yeah i did but rooklord changed it alot tho

Squires5000, you can add 2 other Synchros to your Extra Deck now that you removed 2 Goyo.

Everybody, remember that you can edit your deck at any time before the end of contest date, which I have decided as August 15, or at least August 15 in my time zone. As for what time on August 15, I'll leave that up to the judge(s). At that time, the judge(s) (-Daedalus-) will PM me the results and I'll post them here. Remember, the winner gets 3 points for every person that entered and +3 reps. Right now, that's 9 points and +3 reps. Let's hope more people enter so the prize can get bigger.

Archived