Designation_Leader's Storyline Contest: Life and Death

Welcome one and all to my monthly contest! Each month, I will be looking for the best card makers so that I may make a group of cards that attribute to a storyline between a card or cards. I will make the story, then split the story up into different parts. Each part will be a different part and the effect must be related to that part of the story (the name as well). Here are the two cards that the story will be about:

239816.jpg239816.jpg

239816.jpg

Here is the story:

[spoiler=Story]Long ago, there were twin warriors Vitas and Nexus. Vitas was regarded as a strategic warrior, known for going behind enemy lines and attacking the heart of the foe. Nexus was known as a more aggressive warrior, taking on each and every foe with little effort, taking them down without a scratch. One day, the two warriors came across a temple hidden deep within a cave. It emanated an awkward aura of evil, tempting many a people into its depths. Vitas urged Nexus not to go into the temple, but Nexus refused. Nexus went into the temple against his brother's wishes and discovered an ancient weapon: the Scythe of the End. It was embedded in a stone that was inscribed "He who touches this weapon shall be cursed with eternal suffering. All those around him shall be rendered useless and he himself shall be empowered, but at a heavy price." Nexus, believing that he could control the weapon, grasped it and was quickly succumbed by darkness, transforming him into a warrior of darkness. Meanwhile, his brother, Vitas alerted their father, High Priest Libras--a powerful wizard known to many as "he who cannot be struck down"--and told him the news. High Priest Libras, who knew of the weapon, told Vitas that there was no hope and that Nexus was lost forever. Vitas' only chance was to seek the sister weapon of the scythe. Vitas' searched for the weapon and came across a temple located high in the mountains. Inside it, Vitas found a weapon--the Sword of the Beginning--embedded in a stone. Inscribed was "He who touches this weapon shall be blessed beyond words. Their allies shall be empowered, but he himself shall be given power beyond measure." Vitas, realizing that the weapon was the only way to combat Nexus, grasped it, empowering him with an all-powerful light.

For years the two brothers trained with their weapons. Vitas, who now called himself Acute Sentience, learned that he could heal himself at an astonishing rate, but only if he refrained from fighting. Nexus, who now called himself Acute Ruin, learned that he could severly weaken others, but only through massive bloodshed. Eventually, the two met at a clearing and engaged in a battle that ended in a stalemate. However, the results were catastrophic: many people and surroundings were destroyed in the process. Having come to the peak of their power, Acute Sentience and Acute Ruin became known as Aevum and Mortalis. They battled once more, only to have their bodies become destroyed. Their spirits remained, the essence of Life and Death. These spirits clashed, with a fate that remains unknown.

Now bear with me. Breaking the story apart will be a tad difficult, but here it is:

• Vitas, known for going behind enemy lines and attacking the heart of the foe.
  • Nexus, known for taking down each and every foe with little effort, without a scrath.
  • The temple hidden deep within a cave. It emanates an aura of evil.
  • The Scythe of the End. It's effect should be derived from "He who touches this weapon shall be cursed with eternal suffering. All those around him shall be rendered useless and he himself shall be empowered but at a heavy price."
  • Nexus being succumbed by darkness.
  • High Priest Libras, known as the wizard who could not be struck down.
  • The temple located high in the mountains. It emanates an aura of purity.
  • The Sword of the Beginning. The effect should be derived from "He who touches this weapon shall be blessed beyond words. Their allies shall be empowered, but he himself shall be given power beyond measure."
  • Vitas being empowered with an all-powerful light.
  • Vitas being known as Acute Sentience. His effect should be derived from the fact that he can heal at an astonishing rate, but only if he is not fighting.
  • Nexus being known as Acute Ruin. His effect should be derived from the fact that he can severely weaken foes, but only through massive bloodshed.
  • Acute Sentience and Acute Ruin doing battle. Everything around them was destroyed.
  • Acute Sentience being known as Aevum; Acute Ruin being known as Mortalis.
  • Aevum and Mortalis becoming Life and Death.
  • The final battle between Life and Death.

Here are the rules:

• No copying other people's work.
  • Be original.
  • Reservation of spots is allowed. If you do not submit work by the 3rd day, I will remove you from the competition.
  • You can either make the cards one by one or you can post them all at once. If you make them one by one, please put them all in the same post. I will be going back and checking posts. Also, if you do this, it is advised you do so in a spoiler to conserve space.
  • I reserve the right to edit my rules at any time.

PRIZES AND ADMISSION

Admission will be done like this: all participants will deposit 30 points into my account: 10 for me, and 20 towards the pot. Division between the winners will be done like so:

1st Place: 1/2 of the total pot, 3 rep, a commemorative Special Edition card that enables you to participate in the Championship contest next year.

2nd Place: 3/4 of the remaining pot, 2 rep, a commemorative Special Edition card that enables you to qualify to participate in the Championship contest next year.

3rd Place: The remaining pot, 1 rep, a commemorative Special Edition card that enables you to qualify to participate in the Championship contest next year.

The winners will have their cards featured in my set.

However, 1st place doesnt mean you sweep the entire contest. It means that out of all the parts divided, you won a majority of them. In the case of a tie, I will hold a tiebreaker in Private Messaging to determine the winner.

So get creating everyone! The contest ends on August 31st at Noon EST.

Archived